SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#31768 - 01/19/06 01:49 PM midjay on the way
manic2257 Offline

Loc: australia
well, i just put my order in for a midjay, should be here early next week...i decided on the basis that as good as the psr 3000 is, the midjay sounded less processed with a more "live" sound which is what i wanted for playing live midi's and limited "arranger keyboard" stuff (more for requests than anything else)...one of the other things is it ability (after version3) to post markers in a file for audio files to cut in and out in perfect time with the midi file...so one use for this would be to record my own backing vocals, store it to the HDD on the midjay, link it to the midi file and bingo!!! instant backing vocals...as DNJ advised get "under the bonnet (hood to you guys!!) " and you will not be disappointed....as i have played the pa1x, the va76, the g70, the psr 3000, some software arrangers, casio wk3000, yammi dgx..i hopefully will be able to post a review of the midjay compared to the above in the near future...
cya
dennis

#31769 - 01/19/06 06:08 PM Re: midjay on the way
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
You will love it. There IS a learning curve however. Once you get comfortable with it, it is hard to beat.
DonM

#31770 - 01/19/06 07:24 PM Re: midjay on the way
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Congratulations Dennis,
by the sounds of things, the midjay should suit you right down to the ground.
As Don said, there's a bit of a learning curve involved with Ketrons.
I'm working my way through with the sd1+. Keep finding all sorts of amazing functions
( especially luv the syncronization of drum audio loop in a style)
The drums sound really great.
best wishes
Rikki
p.s Don, I ended up ordering a CD of drum audio loops jazz & latin etc. Won't get here for another week or so, hopefully then I'll be able to put them to use in some styles. See how I go.
[QUOTE]Originally posted by manic2257:
[B]

[This message has been edited by rikkisbears (edited 01-19-2006).]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online