SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#317716 - 02/26/11 12:13 PM Re: Korg PA3X probably very expensive [Re: Diki]
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Originally Posted By: Diki
I think Dennis has posted about how expensive keyboards are in Oz... Did you ever find whether it was a tax issue that makes them so high, or do your dealers just manage a higher margin?

Got to admit, I always feel a bit guilty whenever I see you posting about those keyboard prices, but then, every trip to the hospital, I think that high keyboard prices aren't so bad after all!

BTW, takle a look at the BK-7m manual... it seems that remote operation and selection of UPG's seems a bit better than older Roland's, as you would expect from a module. For a grand, it still seems like a LOT of bang for the buck.

Diki, I really think it is the distributor who is doing the gouging...

Because in truth, apart from shipping costs (which by the way should ALSO be similar - Italy to USA or Italy to Australia), with the exchange rate at parity, they should be pretty much the same price here as there (USA).

There are no serious taxes involved, only 2.5% import duty. And a GST (VAT) of 10% which is, I believe 8% lower than yours..

So no, I am totally convinced it is the distributor (in this case Musiclink , now owned by Allens - one of the major chains here) that is gouging everyone!!

I totally agree on the BK7m. It is looking better and better all the time smile

Dennis

#317719 - 02/26/11 12:25 PM Re: Korg PA3X probably very expensive [Re: miden]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: miden
Originally Posted By: Dnj
Why doesn't anyone just think of the research & development and expense to design these wonderful instruments in ratio to the price...
The time and effort alone is worth many times the selling value. Then because some people want them but can't afford them they complain about the price. The technology involved in making these units is incredible compared to just a few years ago. Not to mention the enjoyment they bring to the player & audiences. In my opinion we're getting an amazing bargain.

No offence, but what a load of old tosh!!

No offense taken ...I just feel people want everything for free with no regard for what goes into it to bring it to market. Also how many times more than the original purchase will they make in profit if you use it for professional purposes...to me its a very small investment for the return....no tosh mate.. wink

#317720 - 02/26/11 12:41 PM Re: Korg PA3X probably very expensive [Re: keybplayer]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Originally Posted By: keybplayer
my Tyros1 was half the price of a Tyros3 or Tyros4. And that's just in a few short year(s) time span we're talking about.
Mike, curious how much you paid for your Tyros 1. shocked
I got my Tyros 1 in Dec 2002 for around $2,800 US street price, and the Tyros 4 US street price is now 20% higher (more or less).
So to me, even at 23%, the increase seems in line considering 8+ years of inflation (2.855/year).

#317721 - 02/26/11 12:43 PM Re: Korg PA3X probably very expensive [Re: keybplayer]
Dnj Offline

Market research testing determines these prices...
they know what they are doing as to make a profit which they are obviously doing worldwide. Just because a few people complain doest deter them worldwide. I love a Ferrari but I cant afford one ....But they are still selling them to who can. One can always wait also to buy a good used item also down the road too and save a few bucks.

#317722 - 02/26/11 12:57 PM Re: Korg PA3X probably very expensive [Re: FransN]
miden Offline

I guess the point is Donny, that as our two countries have the same value currency (actually ours is a bit higher than yours at the moment), and shipping costs are very similar, and OUR taxes are way lower than your taxes, then ipso facto, the keyboards should be an equivalent value or maybe even a bit cheaper, yes?

At the very least, and all things being equal, we should get them here for what you pay there.

All I want is a fair go from the distributors here, NOT the retailers, who for the most part do a great job with dwindling margins set by??? You guessed it..the DISTRIBUTORS (or wholesalers if you prefer)... who are just greedy bastards, and for whom enough money, is never enough!!

Dennis

#317727 - 02/26/11 01:31 PM Re: Korg PA3X probably very expensive [Re: miden]
Dnj Offline

Dennis....my thoughts are for the "USA prices" vs the technology.....
But, I can understand your frustration & concern being you live in another country far away from here.

#317730 - 02/26/11 01:40 PM Re: Korg PA3X probably very expensive [Re: miden]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: miden
At the very least, and all things being equal, we should get them here for what you pay there.

Yes, you should be able to get them for basically the same price as we do here in Canada. That is a very unfair situation you are in.

Dennis, if you bought a PA3X(pro?) and sold your PA2Xpro, what would the difference be, roughly?

Also, what I'm getting at as well, are second hand instruments expensive?

This is all within Australia, let's say.

Ian

#317736 - 02/26/11 02:11 PM Re: Korg PA3X probably very expensive [Re: FransN]
miden Offline

Hey Ian,

S/H instruments are not that expensive really. But on the whole, I would rate them as more expensive than the US, but ONLY because of the much bigger market available there.

As a rule of thumb, most keyboards listed on Ebay here for example usually achieve approx 30% higher prices than the equivalent keyboard on US Ebay. Of course you get the odd bargain, but for the most part this is fairly accurate.

On the listed retail I would have to stump up approx $4k, AFTER selling the PA2xPro...They are selling for around the $2800 mark at the moment, although with such high retail pricing, I have a feeling that will stay the benchmark, even after the release of the PA3.

I cannot give you my actual change-over (after my buy price) as that is sorta hush-hush with my dealer wink so I hope the change-over based on retail will suffice smile

Dennis

#318932 - 03/10/11 09:39 PM Re: Korg PA3X probably very expensive [Re: FransN]
casiobot Offline

PA3X??????

Why thats a Casio WK-7500!!!!!!!

OHMIGOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#318946 - 03/11/11 01:36 AM Re: Korg PA3X probably very expensive [Re: FransN]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
You write copy for Charlie Sheen..?

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry