SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#316232 - 02/11/11 11:21 PM Re: Panel Memory [Re: lahawk]
The Saint Offline

Loc: Sydney Australia
Hi larry, no apology necessary. It was obviously a light-hearted observation and of course, as Technics no longer produce anything, the technology of all other brands has/must improve which makes them much more attractive in the market place.
We are starved of brand variety and at a competetive price down here, with such a small population, (including Tasmania)!!! but that is the price we have to pay for living in the best place in the world? I would love to compare PA3Xpro, Audya, Wersi, G70, et al
keyboards and organs, and might be tempted to try and convince "The Gardener" we should upgrade and that I am worthy of a new toy for being such a good man.
Until then I will be very content with my KN7
see Ya
Ray dance

Edited by The Saint (02/11/11 11:22 PM)

#316287 - 02/12/11 04:02 PM Re: Panel Memory [Re: lahawk]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
JOHN IN ALL CAPS
John, you forgot available support, parts, and repair.

RIGHT LARRY, BUT WHEN I SWITCH TO COVER THOSE PROBLEMS I ALSO LOST THE SPIRIT OF PLAYING. I WILL BE 80 THIS SEPTEMBER AND I AM NOT SURE WHICH ONE OF US (JOHN OR THE KN700) IS GOING TO GO FIRST. (SMILE)

That was the main reason I sold my KN-7000. I do remember being slightly confused with Panel Memory, Favorites, Registrations on the 7000

Tyros? You can save all your setups including pads to a Registration. One button. Badda Bing, Badda Boom... Done

THE SAME BING, BADDA BOOM FOR THE KN7000 – THE DIFFERENCE IS THERE ARE LESS PERIMITERS WHICH MAKES IT BY EASY TO WORK WITH.

Larrikinism isn't that Australian? I'm a Philly guy...know whad a mean?

Anyway, sorry, didn't mean to hijack...

NOT A PROBLEM FOR ME I ENJOY DIFFERENT OPINONS.

I do like to check in once in a while, as I do miss Technics.

THE GUYS AND GIRLS HERE ARE GREAT TOO.

AFTER ALL THAT IS BEEN SAID I DO RESPECT YOUR OPINION, JOHN C.

Larry

Edited by bruno123 (02/12/11 04:04 PM)

#317374 - 02/22/11 04:05 PM Re: Panel Memory [Re: The Saint]
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hello Ray,

Firstly, I think you need to Press the 'EXPAND' mode as this saves absolutely everything on the keyboard. I use this all the time for that reason.

The 'Panel Memory' mode does what it says -it only saves the panel memories whereas like you, I like to save all my sets exactly as I've tweaked them, including the Performance Pads.

Be aware though that if you wish to save different Pads to individual panel memories, the Performance Pads must be switched to 'ON'

If you wish to use a particular Performance Pad for all 8 Panel Memories it has to be 'Off'. Saving it to PM1 is usually all you have to do, as the chosen pad will automatically be saved to the rest of the PMs.

As has been stated before, to get to the Panel Memory Mode, press and hold down the middle button the PM wheel until you can see it on the screen. (at this stage, I suggest you also press 'Display Hold')

Go to Page 2 where you will see a list of options for you to choose to save, including the Pads. (bottom right of the screen).

Hope this helps in some way.

Audrey

Edited by Audrey Turner (02/22/11 04:10 PM)
Edit Reason: mispelling

#317447 - 02/23/11 06:05 AM Re: Panel Memory [Re: The Saint]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
In spite of having four top of the line keyboards besides my KN7000, there is not, nor has been an operating system to equal the KN7000(IMHO).
Bernie

#317504 - 02/23/11 05:59 PM Re: Panel Memory [Re: Audrey Turner]
The Saint Offline

Hi Audrey,good to hear from you.
I think Bill Norrie and Technicsplayer are right. It is not possible to save the individual pads, only the complete bank can be saved in Panel Memory and each button has to be activated on demand. BUT I will experiment some more just to be sure to be sure.

see Ya dance
Ray

#317506 - 02/23/11 06:27 PM Re: Panel Memory [Re: The Saint]
Sandgroper Offline

Loc: Busselton, Western Australia
If you think you are short on competetive pricing in Sydney mate you ought to see W A.
Totally agree with your other coments. I dont dislike the sounds of Tyros, but the total inability to "tweak" is maddening. I am on the point of selling my T 3 and getting a Vocal Processor to add a bit of variety. Thanks for your comments in reply to my query about these everyone. I finaly answered, thanking you all on my original Helicon thread. Another plus with the KN7000 is its durability,I bought a second one as backup when production ceased, but have never needed it as yet.
Cheers, Eddie

We are starved of brand variety and at a competetive price down here, with such a small population, (including Tasmania)!!! but that is the price we have to pay for living in the best place in the world? I would love to compare PA3Xpro, Audya, Wersi, G70, et al
keyboards and organs, and might be tempted to try and convince "The Gardener" we should upgrade and that I am worthy of a new toy for being such a good man.
Until then I will be very content with my KN7
see Ya
Ray dance [/quote]

#317507 - 02/23/11 06:36 PM Re: Panel Memory [Re: The Saint]
etwo4788 Offline

Loc: S.E. New Mexico USA
This discussion has been very interesting indeed....

In each of my Panel Memories I save rhythms that I have tweaked to please my ear. Most of them have a Performance Pad that I have selected for that particular rhythm. When I turn the 7K on, the performance Pads "Auto Setting" light is on. To add or change a pad to my rhythms, I go to "Bank" (under Performance Pads) and select what I want from pages 1, 2, or 3 of the bank. I have not created any of my own to put in the "user bank"....I am pretty happy with what is there...so far.

Other than having the Expand mode in the "On" position, the Performance Pads on auto select, and when everything is like I want it, I press the center "set" first, hold it and then press the numbered button in the Panel Memory..... and always be sure to "save" everything to the SD card before I turn off the 7K each time....

When I want to use one of the PM's.... I just press it and off I go with the selected Performance Pad still in the program....

It does not erase itself....it stays right there where I put it unless I decide I want a different pad!

It works for me every time! Of course there are still many parts of the 7K that I know nothing about.... If I ever get bored with this Awesome machine.....Fat Chance! ;))

Elizabeth

Edited by etwo4788 (02/23/11 06:39 PM)
Edit Reason: to change the wording

#317511 - 02/23/11 08:33 PM Re: Panel Memory [Re: etwo4788]
The Saint Offline

Thank you all for not just stating that I am "stoopid".
My latest effort just showed me the obviuos!!!!!
IT IS A FUNCTION BUTTON (LIKE ALL THE RHYTHM BUTTONS) AND HAS TO BE PRESSED TO ACTIVATE THE DESIRED PAD> The bank required can be saved and when desired you select a pad.
Just as you would do when saving rhythms/styles and select the variation desired at the appropriate time. SIMPLE!SIMPLE! SIMPLE!!!!
See Ya
Ray ( the enlightened one) dance

#317517 - 02/24/11 12:10 AM Re: Panel Memory [Re: The Saint]
The Saint Offline

OOPS ...."obvious" ?

#317526 - 02/24/11 07:07 AM Re: Panel Memory [Re: Sandgroper]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Ray,
Panel memory will only save the six pads in one saving or loading – But the makers of the Kn7000 had much wisdom, when you load a bank of six pads they should all complement each other. The six pads work to lift the style you are using. There would be no need to just load one pad. The down side is that you are limited to just three sets of pads without reloading. Yamaha offers unlimited pads through the USB which can be called up by panel memory. And I might add that feature did not complete the picture of a good keyboard for me.

One more thought Ray, unless you are in need of dollars I would not sell your Tyros 3. My reason, the styles that are available. One of our forum members has both keyboards linked together, the Kn7000 and the Tyros3 via midi and users the Yamaha styles with the Kn7000 instrument sounds. The Tyros 3 plays the style using Kn7000 instrument sounds and your solo instruments are the Kn7000 instrument sounds. The best of both worlds. Not a great Idea if the Kn7000 need to go out of the home for jobs.

Just my thoughts, John C.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online