SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#317259 - 02/21/11 08:39 PM Re: T4 owners...Is this factory sounds? [Re: travlin'easy]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
Lee the flute is the Sweet Flute, which is touch sensitive. When you hit it hard it squeaks--just like a real flute when blown too hard.

Gary cool

In other words you can easily emulate a BAD flute player! smile
Why would they do that?
DonM

#317279 - 02/22/11 12:01 AM Re: T4 owners...Is this factory sounds? [Re: DonM]
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Originally Posted By: DonM
Lee the flute is the Sweet Flute, which is touch sensitive. When you hit it hard it squeaks--just like a real flute when blown too hard.

Gary cool

Why would they do that?
DonM

Maybe they just want to sound like him...

#317280 - 02/22/11 12:20 AM Re: T4 owners...Is this factory sounds? [Re: Dreamer]
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
That Sweet Flute "squeak" can be easily tuned down or out. I don't like it either.

Lee, if you did hear that squeak with a Pan Flute sound it was probably layered Sweet Flute with Pan Flute.

Yes, some jazzers like to overblow and get that sound. Not for me though for my uses. Kind of like hearing a guy breath in before he blows some of the horn sounds. I mean really, come on rotf2

#317285 - 02/22/11 01:18 AM Re: T4 owners...Is this factory sounds? [Re: Scott Langholff]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Scott Langholff

Kind of like hearing a guy breath in before he blows some of the horn sounds. I mean really, come on rotf2

Ha ha...they tell me the first guy they tried out for that breathing sample had asthma...

#317287 - 02/22/11 01:40 AM Re: T4 owners...Is this factory sounds? [Re: Scott Langholff]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
That Sweet Flute "squeak" can be easily tuned down or out. I don't like it either.

Yep, simply switch off the velocity switching or simply don't play that hard. I like the affect, there are some Jethro Tull flute parts that require it. This seems like a stupid topic of discussion. You could talk about any velocity switching voice like this. If you don't like it then DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT ... don't bother complaining.

#317288 - 02/22/11 02:25 AM Re: T4 owners...Is this factory sounds? [Re: ianmcnll]
Scott Langholff Offline

Originally Posted By: ianmcnll

Kind of like hearing a guy breath in before he blows some of the horn sounds. I mean really, come on rotf2

Ha ha...they tell me the first guy they tried out for that breathing sample had asthma...

Now that would be funny. I'd use that rocker

#317289 - 02/22/11 02:27 AM Re: T4 owners...Is this factory sounds? [Re: Scott Langholff]
Scott Langholff Offline

Hey, is there a way to have the quotes larger left to right so you don't have to use the scroll thingy?

#317295 - 02/22/11 06:49 AM Re: T4 owners...Is this factory sounds? [Re: leeboy]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Gary,
AH, As I thought...ny experiene with the T2 was that it was very easy to 'Screw up' and it some notes a little too hard or soft. Too soft and the sound just did't play much, too hard and something I didn't like came out. So, the question is is the T4 the same or have big improvements been made in the programming to eliminate the 'Touchyness'???

#317296 - 02/22/11 06:55 AM Re: T4 owners...Is this factory sounds? [Re: leeboy]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Nigel,
Sorry, I think it's a good question for me as I have no idea how programmable the T4 is as far as sounds...I can tell you that the PA2 has FULL programmability of everything on the sound except the sample data itself, and that could be substututed.

I do not want to be stuck with some of those automatic nuances in some sounds. Yes, I realise learning the correct touch on SA & SA2 is important...but on the T2 I found it difficult.

#317304 - 02/22/11 08:22 AM Re: T4 owners...Is this factory sounds? [Re: Dreamer]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Originally Posted By: Dreamer
Originally Posted By: DonM

Gary cool

Why would they do that?
DonM

Maybe they just want to sound like him...

Good answer!
DonM

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online