SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#317587 - 02/24/11 03:27 PM IPAD full arranger
Filipe Tomas Offline

Hi people, i'm think in the future hardware to fast mount on alive perform's or to make air plain transport of material.

Wy not a fully arranger under the IPAD with midi ??

We just use a keyboard controller midi and Ipad, nomore.

I think the company that develop this can win much money.

Thanks

#317651 - 02/25/11 08:39 AM Re: IPAD full arranger [Re: Filipe Tomas]
Filipe Tomas Offline

Nobody have ideas about this or know a nice software ?

Thanks

#317659 - 02/25/11 10:40 AM Re: IPAD full arranger [Re: Filipe Tomas]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Something you've got to take into consideration is, how well does the iPad stand up to pounding day in, day out? If you are using the iPad as a control surface for the virtual arranger, be aware of just how HARD you hit buttons while you are playing. Most of us have bust a button on an arranger at one time or another, and most of those (on the MOTL and upwards, anyway) are pretty well designed pieces.

It's just real HARD, when you are playing full strength, to dial it back for a light tap on a button and straight back to pounding the keys!

Something to bear in mind...

#317667 - 02/25/11 11:52 AM Re: IPAD full arranger [Re: Filipe Tomas]
miden Offline

Loc: The World
the iPad stands up pretty well smile and I do sometimes give it a good solid hit, not tap...

It's a very tough device, screen wise.

#317713 - 02/26/11 11:46 AM Re: IPAD full arranger [Re: Filipe Tomas]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
But are you playing IT and the keyboard at the same time? That's the thing that concerns me. I have a really hard time hitting buttons softly in the middle of a fff passage!

And most of us that break buttons only do so EVENTUALLY... How long you been using the iPad, Dennis?

For something like vArranger, I would hope that ALL controls could be mapped to MIDI messages, so that our WS's buttons (sliders, ribbons, footswitches, etc.!) could take the brunt of it, not the poor iPad!

#317718 - 02/26/11 12:21 PM Re: IPAD full arranger [Re: Filipe Tomas]
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Yeah sort of...when I am playing a piece that has a chart of a few pages, I bash the side of the iPad as I am usually in a hurry to get the hands back to the keyboard.

That is when I forget to plugin in the blue-tooth page turn pedal!!

Thing is with the iPad screen it is so tough, and I reckon it is built with folks doing a bit more than tapping!!

On the iPad forums I frequent (music related) none of the guys who are using ONLY the ipad for music, whether it be tapping drum patterns or for using it as a synth (complete with little keybed!!) have made any complaints about the screen, quite the opposite.

I have been using it at gigs at at home, about three months now nearly..Pretty much every day, and for long periods.

Also check with Scott as he uses one as much as I do, and he does not have a pedal for page turning, afaik.

Dennis

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online