SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#317031 - 02/20/11 03:30 AM Re: Yamaha At It Again [Re: kbrkr]
Beakybird Offline

Originally Posted By: kbrkr
The keyboard already comes with 500 Styles, Jedi.

How many more do you need for free? Geez, it takes a lot of time to make these styles. Give Yamaha a break. At least they are releasing NEW styles; that's more than Korg, Roland, or Ketron.

I agree. Developing new styles that are as good as the onboard styles requires musicians and sound engineers.

If you don't value the efforts of people who make great professional quality styles, then you can probably find many of them for free on the internet, but don't be surprised when the companies stop making them. I believe a couple of years ago Yamaha went about 6 months without any new Premium Styles. It looks like they renewed their efforts, and every month or two they're coming out with two new styles.

Hey, again, if any of you R&B people could give me a song suggestion for this Memphis style, I would really appreciate it!

#317036 - 02/20/11 06:40 AM Re: Yamaha At It Again [Re: Beakybird]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Beakybird
[quote=kbrkr]fforts, and every month or two they're coming out with two new styles.

Hey, again, if any of you R&B people could give me a song suggestion for this Memphis style, I would really appreciate it!

"Get Ready" cause here I come ....would work well with this style.

#317066 - 02/20/11 10:37 AM Re: Yamaha At It Again [Re: abacus]
Beakybird Offline

Mustang Sally would work well, but the BluesRock style that already exists is even better. "Get Ready" has that distinctive bass that the style is missing.

Any other suggestions. The style sounds like a certain song, but I can't remember the name.

#317069 - 02/20/11 10:51 AM Re: Yamaha At It Again [Re: abacus]
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Speed up the tempo a bit and Barefootin' sounds like it might work.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JzGJkmoREs
Eddie

#317070 - 02/20/11 10:56 AM Re: Yamaha At It Again [Re: btweengigs]
Beakybird Offline

Originally Posted By: btweengigs
Speed up the tempo a bit and Barefootin' sounds like it might work.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JzGJkmoREs
Eddie

Now we're talking! Thanks.

#317071 - 02/20/11 10:59 AM Re: Yamaha At It Again [Re: Beakybird]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Mustang Sally would work well, but the BluesRock style that already exists is even better. "Get Ready" has that distinctive bass that the style is missing.

Any other suggestions. The style sounds like a certain song, but I can't remember the name.

Not sure if it would appeal to you, Larry, but I find it's very suitable for Midnight Hour (Wilson Pickett) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KFYUJ63nk8

Tempo at about 113 bpm works fine for me.

Ian

#317077 - 02/20/11 11:42 AM Re: Yamaha At It Again [Re: ianmcnll]
Beakybird Offline

Originally Posted By: ianmcnll

Not sure if it would appeal to you, Larry, but I find it's very suitable for Midnight Hour (Wilson Pickett) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KFYUJ63nk8

Tempo at about 113 bpm works fine for me.

Ian

Yup. You're right. Works better than the onboard Soul style I was using.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online