SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#316805 - 02/18/11 01:15 AM who is excited about the next top psr s series
rolandfan Offline

Loc: South Africa
I've noticed that it was mostly psr 3000
Users or below that upgraded to the s910.
A few s900 users did too. But I feel most
S900 users are waiting for this yaers new s
Series. I assume it will have the tyros 3
Nailed like the s910 had the tyros 2 nailed.
I'm guessing we will get either vocal harmony2
Or the new choir voices from tyros 4 but
Not both. I also predict that the keyboard
Will look identical physically to the s910.
We will surely get more dsp effects but probably
Not an extra block. It will probably have 350 or
400 styles. More mega voices. More drum kits but NOT
Live. I think super articulation 2 will
Be included. These are my own opinions. What
Do you guys think?

#316813 - 02/18/11 04:32 AM Re: who is excited about the next top psr s series [Re: rolandfan]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
I would hope it would have the T4 VH and some great new styles-especially Latin:)

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#316816 - 02/18/11 05:37 AM Re: who is excited about the next top psr s series [Re: rolandfan]
rolandfan Offline

I assume they will include a brand
New feature not found even on tyros 4.
S910 had mp3 playback. I wonder what it
Will be this time. Also expect a few
Totally new styles.

#316817 - 02/18/11 05:58 AM Re: who is excited about the next top psr s series [Re: rolandfan]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: rolandfan
I assume they will include a brand
New feature not found even on tyros 4.
S910 had mp3 playback. I wonder what it
Will be this time. Also expect a few
Totally new styles.

The day Yamaha redesigns their MFD to include ALL registration info & transpose & makes the display screen as big as it's "overall case size" & adds some touch screen features, & front USB I'm not excited at all about the new S series units.... I'll keep using workarounds with my S910 for now....maybe we'll see some big changes in years to come. The sounds and styles are fine .....its the features, design, & navigation traits for the players needs that need to be addressed. Small trickled down T4 things will be included for sure ....big deal choir voices Doo Bee Doo frown

Edited by Dnj (02/18/11 06:00 AM)

#316821 - 02/18/11 06:39 AM Re: who is excited about the next top psr s series [Re: rolandfan]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Perhaps the MP3 Player will have a vocal (center) cancel feature? Yes, I know other companies have it already, but it still would be nice.

Maybe it will have a Chord Sequencer? The new Korg's have one.

Ian

#316824 - 02/18/11 06:59 AM Re: who is excited about the next top psr s series [Re: ianmcnll]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
Perhaps the MP3 Player will have a vocal (center) cancel feature? Yes, I know other companies have it already, but it still would be nice.

Maybe it will have a Chord Sequencer? The new Korg's have one.

Ian

Ian I have experimented with the voice cancelling feature on the Roland juno stage and it's hit or miss on many Mp3 songs....this technology needs much more research if at all possible with complete success.

#316828 - 02/18/11 07:34 AM Re: who is excited about the next top psr s series [Re: rolandfan]
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
I upgraded from S900 to the S910 and was very happy w/the features I gained. The S910 is a keeper! Is there any evidence that a new S series will actually be out this year... thought I read somewhere on here that Yamaha may wait a while. Too bad we don't have that crystal ball....or even the old eight-ball thing and we could turn it upside down and perhaps read "It is decidedly so".
HA HA!

Have a great weekend!
Randy

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#316829 - 02/18/11 07:36 AM Re: who is excited about the next top psr s series [Re: saxxman]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: saxxman
I upgraded from S900 to the S910 and was very happy w/the features I gained. The S910 is a keeper! Is there any evidence that a new S series will actually be out this year... thought I read somewhere on here that Yamaha may wait a while. Too bad we don't have that crystal ball....or even the old eight-ball thing and we could turn it upside down and perhaps read "It is decidedly so".
HA HA!

Have a great weekend!
Randy

Although some here think they have a crystal ball we can only go by Yamahas past productyion record on the Psr line....so we wait and see & hope.. wink

#316861 - 02/18/11 12:50 PM Re: who is excited about the next top psr s series [Re: rolandfan]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Plenty of crystal balls on this forum.. 'More crystal balls than brains', to quote a popular expression! rolleyes

Mind you, as many times as they get it WRONG, you would think they would quit doing it, but I guess hope springs eternal, and all that.

Be interesting to go back and troll the forum for examples of blatantly wrong clairvoyancy moments and compile a 'Best of Carmac the Magnificent' list. wink

What a utopia we would be living in if they all came true!

#316864 - 02/18/11 12:53 PM Re: who is excited about the next top psr s series [Re: Diki]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Diki
Plenty of crystal balls on this forum.. 'More crystal balls than brains', to quote a popular expression! rolleyes

Mind you, as many times as they get it WRONG, you would think they would quit doing it, but I guess hope springs eternal, and all that.

Be interesting to go back and troll the forum for examples of blatantly wrong clairvoyancy moments and compile a 'Best of Carmac the Magnificent' list. wink

What a utopia we would be living in if they all came true!

well you dont need a crystal ball to see that arranger Kbs are slowly fading away into the sunset year after year... coffee

#316867 - 02/18/11 01:01 PM Re: who is excited about the next top psr s series [Re: Dnj]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Dnj

well you dont need a crystal ball to see that arranger Kbs are slowly fading away into the sunset year after year... coffee

Really?

The last two years were my best yet.

This new Tyros4 is already making a big stir...I had 46 emails today alone, regarding the T4.

Interest in the new Korg isn't there yet, but it will be, once they start putting up some first class demos to go with a first class TOTL arranger.

Their launch wasn't the best, but, the PA2X (and other PA) had a very loyal following, so, I expect they'll be very forgiving.

Ian

#316868 - 02/18/11 01:03 PM Re: who is excited about the next top psr s series [Re: ianmcnll]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
Originally Posted By: Dnj

Really?

The last two years were my best yet.

This new Tyros4 is already making a big stir...I had 46 emails today alone, regarding the T4.

Interest in the new Korg isn't there yet, but it will be, once they start putting up some first class demos to go with a first class TOTL arranger.

Their launch wasn't the best, but, the PA2X (and other PA) had a very loyal following, so, I expect they'll be very forgiving.

Ian

Technics, Gem, Roland arrangers RIP.....for starters violin

#316876 - 02/18/11 01:22 PM Re: who is excited about the next top psr s series [Re: rolandfan]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Well, the rumors of Roland's death have been slightly exaggerated, unless you are looking at TOTL only!

But yes, unless we can get kids more interested in arrangers than synths and WS's (and software), the long slow walk has already started. Remember, home organs took 20 years to fade to their now insignificance. If you are expecting some night and day event, don't hold your breath!

#317156 - 02/21/11 07:50 AM Re: who is excited about the next top psr s series [Re: rolandfan]
rolandfan Offline

Yamaha are predictable. S900 sep 2007.
S910 sep 2009 .. And tyros 3 and 4 had
A 2 year gap instead of 3. This is why
I believe there is surely a S9XX in
Sep 2011. Another reason is one could
Argue the s910 was a semi upgrade. The
Keyboard coming out this year will be
A more significant upgrade..and due..

#317157 - 02/21/11 07:53 AM Re: who is excited about the next top psr s series [Re: rolandfan]
rolandfan Offline

The tyros 4 is one special in south africa for $9000.
A s910 successor would retail for about $2500. Now
U know why I'm anticipating this keyboard

#317202 - 02/21/11 01:01 PM Re: who is excited about the next top psr s series [Re: Dnj]
tyroschuck Offline

Loc: Downey, CA, US
Donny, you may be right about the arranger market shrinking. But the T4 seems to be doing very well in the European market and FrankieV has a waiting list at this time for the T4. Maybe Yamaha is a little surprised with the strong reception of the T4.
regards, chuck

#317208 - 02/21/11 01:39 PM Re: who is excited about the next top psr s series [Re: tyroschuck]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: tyroschuck
Donny, you may be right about the arranger market shrinking. But the T4 seems to be doing very well in the European market and FrankieV has a waiting list at this time for the T4. Maybe Yamaha is a little surprised with the strong reception of the T4.
regards, chuck

I dont think Yamaha is surprised at all...they know exactly what they are doing, and their marketing research is second to none.... and believe me Tyros 5 & beyond has been in the works for a while also they are way ahead of themselves in the arranger and synth KB designs. Tyros 4 sounds fantastic for sure....
does it fit everyone's needs? No of course not...but there are other choices... but I will tell you this page in Yamaha's arranger scenario has elevated them beyond anything in the past...Bravo for them!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online