Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#316386 - 02/13/11 04:18 PM Quality OMB accompaniment. It doesnt get better
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
http://www.youtube.com/user/bigalmcp#p/u/0/QYvMRnPx-gs

one of the smoothest and most professional OMB players out there

#316391 - 02/13/11 05:00 PM Re: Quality OMB accompaniment. It doesnt get better [Re: spalding1968]
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
WOW...very inspiring. That's the way to do it.

So smooth with pedals.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#316393 - 02/13/11 05:19 PM Re: Quality OMB accompaniment. It doesnt get better [Re: spalding1968]
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
What kind of equipment is he using?

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#316415 - 02/13/11 09:56 PM Re: Quality OMB accompaniment. It doesnt get better [Re: spalding1968]
Dnj Offline

Great job!....sounds super smooth... BUT.....who the heck would ever want to carry all that stuff for a OMB gig? eek You could sound like that with just an Arranger kb no need for all that gear..doesnt anyone think its overkill in a way?..

Edited by Dnj (02/13/11 09:57 PM)

#316417 - 02/13/11 10:03 PM Re: Quality OMB accompaniment. It doesnt get better [Re: spalding1968]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Sorry to say, but no, you couldn't... rolleyes

Just the bass lines alone make it utterly obvious it isn't a machine, or the lack of four bar repetition in all the parts. Maybe you aren't hearing that, Donny, but to me, that repetition is like fingernails on a chalkboard. The unmistakable sign that you are playing with a MACHINE, and not real (good!) players.

#316418 - 02/13/11 10:09 PM Re: Quality OMB accompaniment. It doesnt get better [Re: Diki]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Diki
Sorry to say, but no, you couldn't... rolleyes

Just the bass lines alone make it utterly obvious it isn't a machine, or the lack of four bar repetition in all the parts. Maybe you aren't hearing that, Donny, but to me, that repetition is like fingernails on a chalkboard. The unmistakable sign that you are playing with a MACHINE, and not real (good!) players.

why are you even on an arranger forum if you seem to have nothing but dislike for arranger players and arranger Kb's.... I couldn't care less ...but its gets monotonous in reading your bashing of something most of us all love here.

#316420 - 02/13/11 10:33 PM Re: Quality OMB accompaniment. It doesnt get better [Re: spalding1968]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I have no dislike of arranger players... though some do their best to engender it. wink

And, just in case you have forgotten, I play an arranger exclusively, for ALL situations. What I DON'T do is forget that there IS a difference, and that, for all there is to love about them, skilled players can easily outperform them. I see no need to try and put something down simply because it uses more gear than I am using these days. Especially when it achieves something that I have yet to hear coming out of an arranger.

Just basslines that go TOWARDS the next chord, not AWAY from the current one is one fundamental difference between arrangers and playing. An arranger never knows the next chord until you play it. A real player ALWAYS knows the next chord, and shapes the basslines to lead into it. You can't hear that?

I don't know, Donny, but I refuse to let a TOOL dictate how I feel about music. If a certain tool makes one (or more) aspects of music less than good, I don't start accepting that aspect as not NEEDING to be good.

Sorry if pointing out the obvious makes you feel so defensive about a piece of gear...

#316425 - 02/14/11 12:09 AM Re: Quality OMB accompaniment. It doesnt get better [Re: spalding1968]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
The Video shows why the most popular add on for an Arranger Keyboard in the UK & Europe is a set of base pedals.
BTW Spalding, unless it has changed since I moved out of the area, you will find many performers with rigs like this in the WMC and similar venues in your area.

Bill

#316426 - 02/14/11 12:27 AM Re: Quality OMB accompaniment. It doesnt get better [Re: spalding1968]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
If you know of ay in the Westmidlands that can play like this guy i will be there !! all his videos are incredible and so musical. I think an arranger uin skilled hands could fake some of this to an extent but his interaction with the bass peoples and druming are just icredible.

http://www.youtube.com/user/bigalmcp#p/u/10/Xm369lE8ItE

#316453 - 02/14/11 08:44 AM Re: Quality OMB accompaniment. It doesnt get better [Re: kbrkr]
Mockie Offline

Loc: Dublin Ireland

Originally Posted By: kbrkr
WOW...very inspiring. That's the way to do it.

So smooth with pedals.

This is beautiful live playing and all his keyboards have great quality sounds,it's very well recorded.

What keyboards is he using and the bass pedals,are they midied or self generating.

Beautiful !

Frank

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online