SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#316191 - 02/11/11 01:29 PM Re: Pa3x new video for all Italians [Re: Saswick]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Just because a store offers a keyboard for sale does NOT mean that they are yet shipping. AFAIK, no-one has yet received a PA3X.

They were pre-selling T4's, Wings, Audya's and everything else LONG before they started shipping. Don't jump to conclusions.

#316195 - 02/11/11 02:23 PM Re: Pa3x new video for all Italians [Re: Saswick]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
so did this guy/retailer steal a couple ? or will he have to send it back to the manufacturer to finish it when they 'officially release' the mega tweaked , yamaha T4 slayer that they have been hiding since they 'unofficially released' the instrument 4 weeks ago ?

http://www.youtube.com/user/KorgpaRo#p/u/2/_v6WQLJKaaM

Give me one credible reason that anyone thinks this keyboard has not been completed yet ? They may add additional functionality in the future or new sounds (i really hope they do after what has been shown so far) but they did this to my PA1X 3 years after i bought it. Was it incomplete when i bought it ?

I would be very very surprised if the PA3X sounds substantially different to what i have heard so far. I genuinely hope it does .

#316198 - 02/11/11 02:49 PM Re: Pa3x new video for all Italians [Re: Saswick]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
What the heck kind of video is that? They didn't even play the instrument.

#316200 - 02/11/11 02:50 PM Re: Pa3x new video for all Italians [Re: Saswick]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I can't speak what was being said, but can anyone say whether this is anything more than the rep hauling around an unfinished beta, just as they brought one to NAMM, and letting the dealer take a peek at the beta?

If I am not mistaken, Korg's factory sounds and styles all exist in RAM, not ROM, and can be updated and added to even after release, let alone before release (not the sample data, but the programming for them). So, it's quite likely that the styles that leverage the new sounds, and possibly the new sounds themselves are still at the 'tweaking' phase, and may not even be in the list of sounds for people to try out until done to Korg's satisfaction...

Korg's are quite different to Yamaha's, whose sounds are in ROM, so the machine isn't even released until those are perfected and the data burned to ROM chips. It allows Korg's to hit the light of day while much is yet to be done. This might not be a GOOD idea, though, as few here seem to understand the difference between ROM sounds and RAM.

And, in all fairness, I really don't hear a night and day difference between the T3 and T4. It is quite obvious they have far more in common than they have differences. A few sounds, a few styles, that's about IT. If you are expecting more than this from Korg, but not from Yamaha, you have to examine your motives for being so critical when you don't get it.

If you hated the PA2, don't expect to like the PA3. Korg are not going to be dumb enough to alienate their existing customer base to please a tiny few that want it to sound like a Yamaha. They know full well THOSE customers are going to buy a Yamaha, anyway! Yamaha had enough sense to not make the T4 a radical departure from the T3. Give Korg some credit for thinking along the exact same lines...!

Musikmesse will be the debut... What, you can't wait that long?! wink

#316206 - 02/11/11 03:02 PM Re: Pa3x new video for all Italians [Re: Saswick]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I wanta see it NOW!! And I'm gonna hold by breath until I get my way!
smile
DonM

#316216 - 02/11/11 04:45 PM Re: Pa3x new video for all Italians [Re: Saswick]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
he had both the 61 and 76 key version...... If he is a rep then maybe he thought he had better haul both of them in the store just in case one sounded better than the other :-).

Leeboy the clip was just to demonstrate that the instrument is already out there complete and ready for sale apparently.

Korg showcased the PA3X at Namm in direct competition with yamaha who were the only other TOTL arranger product at the show. Or does anyone here think it was mere coincidence ? They showcased their best piano taken from the SV1 , their best EP (pretty much all through their presentations) and a violin using DNC that sounded like it was homemade compared to the yamaha violin. The other few DNC sounds that Korg have did not even compare to yamaha SA or SA2 voices and no one who doesnt have a hearing aid would argue differently . And if they did i wouldnt argue with them as they probably couldnt hear me :-). They allowed one of their distributors (you know the people that have a vested interest in actually selling the instrument )unrestricted play time on the instrument unsupervised according to the video on youtube. Would any manufacturer do that if the product was unfinished ? Or do you think Korg are so cofident that their distributors will stock a product on the basis that 'we will make it better when it is shipped to you ' Ha Ha !! If Korg had outstanding sounds comparable to yamaha then thats when they would have produced them.

They didnt .

I am a supporter of Korg but i would love to have yamaha quality sounds.I am not talking about yamaha sounds but the same attention to detail that yamaha has obviously paid to producing realistic sounds. I love the flexibilty of my Korg and the pro features of the PA series but I know I have to compromise a little on the sound for that.

I have no ulterior motive. I am a musician and i will buy the product that most meets my need. For now my PA1X does that very well. It just happens to be a product made by Korg. That doesnt prevent me from calling things as i see them. This is a discussion board. so we are discussing. There is no harm in doing that right ?

The only reason i see why people think that Korg have some ACE card up their sleave to 'tweak' the PA3X into somethimg better than what we have seen and heard already for Musikmesse ( and by the way teaking isnt gonna cut it )is because of the incredibly poor demos we have seen and heard so far.

Korg certainly have not intimated that there is anything else left to be done on the instrument other than to start shipping them out. I suspect they are waiting to see what kind of pre orders the distributors have had or how much stock they are willing to carry before they ship them out.

I would dearly love to be proven wrong but i suspect i wont be.

#316219 - 02/11/11 05:01 PM Re: Pa3x new video for all Italians [Re: spalding1968]
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Bla bla bla Zzzzzzzz

#316250 - 02/12/11 08:20 AM Re: Pa3x new video for all Italians [Re: DonM]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By: DonM
I wanta see it NOW!! And I'm gonna hold by breath until I get my way!
smile
DonM

hahaha ... don't encourage this madness, Don!
smile

#316258 - 02/12/11 10:15 AM Re: Pa3x new video for all Italians [Re: spalding1968]
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Originally Posted By: spalding1968

Korg showcased the PA3X at Namm in direct competition with yamaha who were the only other TOTL arranger product at the show. Or does anyone here think it was mere coincidence ? They showcased their best piano taken from the SV1 , their best EP (pretty much all through their presentations) and a violin using DNC that sounded like it was homemade compared to the yamaha violin. The other few DNC sounds that Korg have did not even compare to yamaha SA or SA2 voices and no one who doesnt have a hearing aid would argue differently . And if they did i wouldnt argue with them as they probably couldnt hear me :-). They allowed one of their distributors (you know the people that have a vested interest in actually selling the instrument )unrestricted play time on the instrument unsupervised according to the video on youtube. Would any manufacturer do that if the product was unfinished ? Or do you think Korg are so cofident that their distributors will stock a product on the basis that 'we will make it better when it is shipped to you ' Ha Ha !! If Korg had outstanding sounds comparable to yamaha then thats when they would have produced them.

I am a supporter of Korg but i would love to have yamaha quality sounds.I am not talking about yamaha sounds but the same attention to detail that yamaha has obviously paid to producing realistic sounds. I love the flexibilty of my Korg and the pro features of the PA series but I know I have to compromise a little on the sound for that.

I have no ulterior motive. I am a musician and i will buy the product that most meets my need. For now my PA1X does that very well. It just happens to be a product made by Korg. That doesnt prevent me from calling things as i see them. This is a discussion board. so we are discussing. There is no harm in doing that right ?

The only reason i see why people think that Korg have some ACE card up their sleave to 'tweak' the PA3X into somethimg better than what we have seen and heard already for Musikmesse ( and by the way teaking isnt gonna cut it )is because of the incredibly poor demos we have seen and heard so far.

Korg certainly have not intimated that there is anything else left to be done on the instrument other than to start shipping them out. I suspect they are waiting to see what kind of pre orders the distributors have had or how much stock they are willing to carry before they ship them out.

I would dearly love to be proven wrong but i suspect i wont be.

+1 Well said.

It IS a finished product. About the only thing Korg could do, would be to add a few more factory "bonus" styles for launch, and maybe some additonal DNC user sounds.

They will need to "hang their hat" on something like those additions, or similar (and this is just one example - make Guitar Mode a "live" tool and not just for creating styles) to engender better regard for the new flagship come MusikMesse time.

Dennis

#316262 - 02/12/11 11:00 AM Re: Pa3x new video for all Italians [Re: miden]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Originally Posted By: miden

It IS a finished product. About the only thing Korg could do, would be to add a few more factory "bonus" styles for launch, and maybe some additonal DNC user sounds.
They will need to "hang their hat" on something like those additions, or similar
+2

Market the Pa3X's new 'chord sequencer' to death, and Diki, and perhaps me too rocker , will buy it!

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online