SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#315803 - 02/08/11 12:41 PM Cee Lo Green's dirty word song
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
WARNING WARNING WARNING
If the f-word bothers you, do not click.
You've been warned!

Has this been posted here? If so, I'm behind the times.

Haha, I gotta admit, this is catchy! The woman did him wrong! Hey, he's saying what a bazillion other people have said, so, who am I to say it's "wrong."

They spent some moola on this. Do you see the youtube count... 43 million? Sheesh. I would say that this means that people like to hear somebody say the f-word. As if we don't know that. The youtube phenomena has certainly opened things up regarding censorship.

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pc0mxOXbWIU

Lyric:
http://www.elyricsworld.com/fuck_you_lyrics_cee-lo_green.html

But wait... there is a CLEAN version? (With only 3 million hits!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKxodgpyGec

#315806 - 02/08/11 01:03 PM Re: Cee Lo Green's dirty word song [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Bill ... no surprise here about the number of hits ... as more and more of this "crap" gets on you-tube, the global society goes 'down the tube' ...
of course, this is JMHO ...

Edited by tony mads usa (02/08/11 01:04 PM)
Edit Reason: typo correction

#315808 - 02/08/11 01:38 PM Re: Cee Lo Green's dirty word song [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
smile smile I think it's funny. Except for the F-word, it's really not blatantly obscene (like just for the sake of being obscene). Cee Lo's from Atlanta and his parents, both 'preachers', died (in an accident I believe) when he was very young. He actually can sing (listen to his 'Who's gonna save my soul, now') and has had several 'hits'. But here is the question.

If you could write and produce this very same song, knowing that it would bring you several million bucks, would you do it? Remember, that's a LOT of arranger keyboards and a pretty nice shack to house them in. What price morality? Would you be able to look your grandkids in the eye and tell them where the money came from that paid for their shiny new minibike or super-duper video game? MY grandkids would get a shiny new minibike along with a note that said, "Try to have higher moral standards than Grandpa".

smile

chas

#315813 - 02/08/11 02:24 PM Re: Cee Lo Green's dirty word song [Re: cgiles]
tony mads usa Offline

chas ... I really like to think - no make that BELIEVE - that my moral standards are strong enough not to write something like this ... regardless of what riches this might bring, I don't believe I could look my grandchildren in the eyes and say "Do as I say, not as I do" ...

#315817 - 02/08/11 02:43 PM Re: Cee Lo Green's dirty word song [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
cgiles Offline

Tony, that's good. But you AND your Grandchildren are middle class Americans who grew up around steaks on the grill and golf clubs in the trunk. What if you lived in an unsafe neighborhood, surrounded by crime and poverty, and wondering where your next meal or the rent was coming from? Would that influence on your moral stance? Just asking.

chas

#315822 - 02/08/11 03:41 PM Re: Cee Lo Green's dirty word song [Re: cgiles]
tony mads usa Offline

Originally Posted By: cgiles
Tony, that's good. But you AND your Grandchildren are middle class Americans who grew up around steaks on the grill and golf clubs in the trunk. What if you lived in an unsafe neighborhood, surrounded by crime and poverty, and wondering where your next meal or the rent was coming from? Would that influence on your moral stance? Just asking.

chas

chas ... since you asked ... I grew up in a low/middle class, blue collar neighborhood, one block away from the AfroAmerican neighborhood ... many of the black kids in the playground were my friends ... being one of the two "dago/Eye-talian/wop" families in the area, the Poles, Irish, etc. parents didn't want their kids playing with us ... we had a dog so we could be warned when someone was sneaking around the house ...
My father never completed high school and was a laborer/longshoreman all his life ... He left the house at 5 o'clock each morning to 'shape up' on the docks to see if he was going to work that day ... he had a small weekend business selling/delivering beer and soda house to house ... I started working with him at the age of 13 ... he eventually lost the business because he allowed too many people to 'buy on credit' ... At the age of 42 he busted his ass - I know because I used to hold his feet as he did his sit ups - getting in shape to take the physical for the Civil Service laborers job ...
My mother was an 'at home seamstress' so that they could send me and my 2 sisters to Catholic school ... Pasta Fagiole was dinner a couple of nights a week ... Another night was the meatloaf mom made in the Sunday 'gravy', and of course the leftover Sunday macaroni and meatballs on Thursday night ... 'steak' was hamburgers as a rare treat ... Yes, we were more fortunate than a lot of people and we thanked God every night for it ... as I do now ...
I did not know what a golf club was until I was close to 30 years old, and I don't think my father ever held one ...
Fortunately, because of the efforts of our parents, and the fact that my wife and I had the opportunity to work all our lives, we were able to give our children good educations which they have put to good use - our son is a dentist and our daughter works in a hospital helping troubled kids from infants through teens - our grandchildren will have 'better' (?)lives than we had growing up (although I have serious concerns as to where this society is going) ... but isn't that what we all aspire to? ...
My moral standards have been well developed, and I refuse to accept the fact that the language in many of today's 'pop' songs is necessary or acceptable ...
Just saying.

#315827 - 02/08/11 04:15 PM Re: Cee Lo Green's dirty word song [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Gadzooks...! Methinks veritably, ALLST thou young poppinjays sweareth like unto godless varlet's, zounds! 'Oddsbodikins! 'Faith, thou speaketh unto an ass!

Some things never change.... monalisa

#315850 - 02/08/11 07:28 PM Re: Cee Lo Green's dirty word song [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
124 Offline

Picking up on something that Chas mentioned, I think I'd rather tell my kids that I made my money by saying the F-word rather than saying I'd made it in the fashion of Bernie Madoff, Conrad Black and their ilk. I don't believe the odd utterance of the F-word is anywhere close the the moral lows attained by some of those Wall Street vultures.

And I'm not sure that morals are that closely connected with how we express ourselves anywany, in that morals are what we believe in and how we conduct ourselves, and language is merely the means of articulating what those beliefs are. Not the same thing.

#315855 - 02/08/11 08:51 PM Re: Cee Lo Green's dirty word song [Re: 124]
tony mads usa Offline

Yes, there may be 'degrees' of wrongdoings, but does that make any of them RIGHT?!?!? ...

Quote:
morals are what we believe in and how we conduct ourselves, and language is merely the means of articulating what those beliefs are.

And what does 'articulating' the f-word tell us about our moral beliefs???

I have said many, many times that I realize that I'm 'old' and my beliefs are often considered 'old-fashioned', but I still don't see the value of kids walking around using the f-word whenever they want because they are given the impression that it's ok ...

#315876 - 02/09/11 04:21 AM Re: Cee Lo Green's dirty word song [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown

I think the song is very catchy. I'm sure that many listeners, young and old, will like it for the explitive, but I think the the melody and they rest of the lyrics have their own merit. I might sing the "forget you" version and I bet my audiences would love it. Deep inside I, and I think secretly, most of us would love to do the explicit version because it rings so true. I'm not in favor of most explicit lyrics and I think that "Forget You" would have been a big hit a few years ago, but today the f-word is not as taboo as it once was. I'm sure most pre-teens have heard and use the word in their own circles and many own the explicit version of this song.

#315880 - 02/09/11 05:13 AM Re: Cee Lo Green's dirty word song [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
cgiles Offline

In some ways, I agree with Tony, in that NONE of my favorite 25 (or 50 or 100) songs has explicit lyrics. Many of them, though, are highly suggestive ie. Cole Porter's beautiful tune, 'Love for Sale'. Some others (not in my top 75 but hits nevertheless) are equally obscene, with the obscenity strongly implied ie. 'Take this job and Shove it'. Really! Shove it where? There are many other examples. I think Cass and 124 have pretty much nailed the only realistic assessment of a tune like this in today's society. I still don't think it's as blatantly obsene like SOME Rap and Hip hop which sometimes seems to be done just to exploit the 'outrageous' factor (like many legendary comedians - would Lenny Bruce or Redd Foxx or Richard Pryor be banned or castisized in today's society? - I don't think so).

The SERIOUS answer as to whether I would write such a tune for profit is NO. Why? 25% morality, 75% because I don't think the F-word is necessary to produce a hit.

chas

BTW - I'm glad Bill posted this. I think it's interesting to know what material we would or wouldn't do, and why. Oh, here's another. Would you play in a backing band if someone else was singing it?

#315889 - 02/09/11 07:42 AM Re: Cee Lo Green's dirty word song [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Interesting topic, for sure. Just let me add... "Louie Louie".

#315904 - 02/09/11 09:15 AM Re: Cee Lo Green's dirty word song [Re: cassp]
tony mads usa Offline

Quote:
by chas

BTW - I'm glad Bill posted this. I think it's interesting to know what material we would or wouldn't do, and why. Oh, here's another. Would you play in a backing band if someone else was singing it?

Only if I could wear a mask and no one would EVER know it was me ... redface

Seriously, I guess it is the blatant use of the language that I object to ... when my grandkids are visiting I am very careful about what I watch AND what THEY watch ... once they are old enough, they can make their own decisions, and I can only hope that their parents and we as grandparents have instilled the proper moral character ...

#315958 - 02/09/11 06:30 PM Re: Cee Lo Green's dirty word song [Re: tony mads usa]
124 Offline

Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
Yes, there may be 'degrees' of wrongdoings, but does that make any of them RIGHT?!?!? ...

Quote:
morals are what we believe in and how we conduct ourselves, and language is merely the means of articulating what those beliefs are.

And what does 'articulating' the f-word tell us about our moral beliefs???

I have said many, many times that I realize that I'm 'old' and my beliefs are often considered 'old-fashioned', but I still don't see the value of kids walking around using the f-word whenever they want because they are given the impression that it's ok ...

I absolutely agree with you, Tony, no value can be assigned to kids walking around using the F-word willy-nilly (hope the first part of that isn't offensive :)), but in many cases they do and that's just the way it is. Whether that's okay or not is irrelevant, really. I don't like to hear it myself, and it indicates a lack of vocabulary (I won't go into the reasons for that here), but there are many people who don't find bad language bothersome at all. And anyway, language usage and idiom, like spelling, is a moving entity. Some of the great works in English literature written hundreds of years ago liberally include the F-word and, without doubt, the circle will continue in perpetuity.

#315962 - 02/09/11 07:38 PM Re: Cee Lo Green's dirty word song [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Take a look at this video that tassiespirit shared (on this thread in the sz bar) of a news video intro describing a Granny in the UK who singlehandedly stopped a bunch of jewelry thieves, and @ :19 sec, the very attractive woman commentator says the 'F' word (albeit whispered). For some reason, her use of that word drew more attention than Cee Lo Green's, probably because it came so unexpected, but I think it appropriately emphasized her shock of that incident.

#316277 - 02/12/11 01:46 PM Re: Cee Lo Green's dirty word song [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
There is no need for the f bomb. The song stands on its own quite well. The day the mainstream accepts the f bomb in free broadcasts is the day i hang it up. The language is getting worse everyday, and the people who use it, loose a few IQ points with every word. I think it's sad.

#316365 - 02/13/11 02:55 PM Re: Cee Lo Green's dirty word song [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
Diki Offline

You say the word 'damn', Dave..? couple of generations ago, same response. The language is a fluid thing, and boundaries change.

I think what society today has started to learn is that the WORD is not the deed. Perhaps we are shaking off the shackles of Victorian propriety, finally. Let us not forget, while the language (in polite public society) was heavily censored back then, morality was VERY questionable, even in public. Deeds have to match speech before censorship is anything more than Mrs. Grundyism...

Shakespeare is littered with vulgarities and coarse speech. Of course, few recognize them any more. Doesn't make it any LESS vulgar than dropping the f-bomb in a song, though. Leave it to posterity to decide whether our words were harmful or not. We are seldom capable of doing it in our own times.

#316397 - 02/13/11 05:55 PM Re: Cee Lo Green's dirty word song [Re: Uncle Dave]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By: Uncle Dave
There is no need for the f bomb. The song stands on its own quite well. The day the mainstream accepts the f bomb in free broadcasts is the day i hang it up. The language is getting worse everyday, and the people who use it, loose a few IQ points with every word. I think it's sad.

I agree.....and I hope you are staying out of trucks.. grin

#316416 - 02/13/11 10:01 PM Re: Cee Lo Green's dirty word song [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
Dnj Offline

Big deal....It's only words....better things to worry about in this world.

#316440 - 02/14/11 07:10 AM Re: Cee Lo Green's dirty word song [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
The f-word version won the Grammy for urban category.

Urban/Alternative Performance: "F*** You," Cee Lo Green

#316442 - 02/14/11 07:19 AM Re: Cee Lo Green's dirty word song [Re: Dnj]
Fran Carango Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj

Picture this....You are introducing your mother to your grandaughter's school audience...using your homeboy language....now tell me "It's only words".... blush

#316445 - 02/14/11 07:42 AM Re: Cee Lo Green's dirty word song [Re: Fran Carango]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Fran Carango

Picture this....You are introducing your mother to your grandaughter's school audience...using your homeboy language....now tell me "It's only words".... blush

Don't be nieve these "KIDS" know way more then you would be led to believe, I'm sure everuyone of them has googles the word sex on thier computers when mommy 7 daddy isnt around wink ...the "F" bomb is the least of it. Cursing has been around since the dawn of time ...it will NEVER change in any language..how you use it in your everyday life and how you control it in different situations is the key.

#316449 - 02/14/11 08:26 AM Re: Cee Lo Green's dirty word song [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Quote:
...the "F" bomb is the least of it. Cursing has been around since the dawn of time ...it will NEVER change in any language..how you use it in your everyday life and how you control it in different situations is the key.

Donny ... That's exactly right ... I think what some of us are saying is that we disagree with the fact that it is being made 'acceptable' in every day language, even over the air waves - or 'cable waves' ... We are not "kidding ourselves", some of us just don't approve of it ... what others may do, say or think is up to them ,,, after all it is their right, just as it is my right to voice my disapproval ...

Just a little story ... a good number of years ago a young guy I worked with would discuss why the language and scenes music videos was fine ... I found it very interesting to see and hear the change of attitude after his wife gave birth to twin girls ... So I guess what we are willing to accept depends a lot on your 'place in life' ...

#316455 - 02/14/11 08:48 AM Re: Cee Lo Green's dirty word song [Re: tony mads usa]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: tony mads usa

Just a little story ... a good number of years ago a young guy I worked with would discuss why the language and scenes music videos was fine ... I found it very interesting to see and hear the change of attitude after his wife gave birth to twin girls ... So I guess what we are willing to accept depends a lot on your 'place in life' ...

Well put, Tony...and very accurate indeed.

ian

#316457 - 02/14/11 08:56 AM Re: Cee Lo Green's dirty word song [Re: Dnj]
Fran Carango Offline

Don't be nieve these "KIDS" know way more then you would be led to believe, I'm sure everuyone of them has googles the word sex on thier computers when mommy 7 daddy isnt around wink ...the "F" bomb is the least of it. Cursing has been around since the dawn of time ...it will NEVER change in any language..how you use it in your everyday life and how you control it in different situations is the key.

But "KIDS" do know better..at least my kids did... smile

And foul words and sex do not go together.....in fact..a foul mouth will get you very little sex.. grin

#316465 - 02/14/11 09:49 AM Re: Cee Lo Green's dirty word song [Re: Fran Carango]
tony mads usa Offline

And foul words and sex do not go together.....in fact..a foul mouth will get you very little sex.. grin

Brush after every meal and floss !!! laugh

#316466 - 02/14/11 09:50 AM Re: Cee Lo Green's dirty word song [Re: tony mads usa]
tony mads usa Offline

BTW ... Midi Hits has "Forget You" for sale, for those who are interested ...

#316502 - 02/14/11 03:48 PM Re: Cee Lo Green's dirty word song [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
Uncle Dave Offline

They are not JUST words. Words can wound...like weapons, and often do. If it's SO ok to use the lingo ... try it in front of your mother, kids, or in the workplace. What adults do in the privacy of their own place is one thing, but mainstream music needs some control. I know many people object to censorship, but we need some of it to keep peace and decorum. If it was accepted usage, why not just post the inappropriate title in this post? The OP even called it a "dirty word".
Face it - I'm part of the older group here ... I know I'm on the "back nine", but if the next group of writers throw all their education and manners out of window .... the music industry will be at it's worst ever. I'm not so sure we're not there already.
And please don't use the Grammys as a guideline for decorum either .... Tinsel Town is not the real world. In mixed company, language needs to be polite.
You can't shout "Fire" in a crowded movie, you can't yell "Bomb" on a plane and you can't say F*** in public without consequence. It's not "acceptable" ... people are using shock value to profit from declining morals, and those that are lazy enough to let it slip are at fault for what will happen if they don't pull in the reigns soon.
I just had to disable the internet connections on the computers in my music rooms when I am not using them for studies because too many kids were abusing the "freedom" and listening to degrading, hurtful negative songs that already kept one kid out of school for 3 days...but that's another story.

Remember - they are not JUST words. They really aren't...and "F*** You" is just about the worst of them all. it's a direct insult to another human. It's not slang - it's not even correct or possible, but it IS an insult. It's hurtful, ignorant and degrading .... there is no place in commercial entertainment for those things. Sadly .... Hollywood is making the kids of today think it's cool, or dope, or whatever they say this week.
It's sad. Very sad.

#316527 - 02/14/11 11:15 PM Re: Cee Lo Green's dirty word song [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Well I never talk like that . . . except on the golf course.
DonM

#316542 - 02/15/11 06:29 AM Re: Cee Lo Green's dirty word song [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

They are not JUST words. Words can wound...like weapons, and often do. If it's SO ok to use the lingo ... try it in front of your mother, kids, or in the workplace. What adults do in the privacy of their own place is one thing, but mainstream music needs some control. I know many people object to censorship, but we need some of it to keep peace and decorum. If it was accepted usage, why not just post the inappropriate title in this post? The OP even called it a "dirty word".
Face it - I'm part of the older group here ... I know I'm on the "back nine", but if the next group of writers throw all their education and manners out of window .... the music industry will be at it's worst ever. I'm not so sure we're not there already.
And please don't use the Grammys as a guideline for decorum either .... Tinsel Town is not the real world. In mixed company, language needs to be polite.
You can't shout "Fire" in a crowded movie, you can't yell "Bomb" on a plane and you can't say F*** in public without consequence. It's not "acceptable" ... people are using shock value to profit from declining morals, and those that are lazy enough to let it slip are at fault for what will happen if they don't pull in the reigns soon.
I just had to disable the internet connections on the computers in my music rooms when I am not using them for studies because too many kids were abusing the "freedom" and listening to degrading, hurtful negative songs that already kept one kid out of school for 3 days...but that's another story.

Remember - they are not JUST words. They really aren't...and "F*** You" is just about the worst of them all. it's a direct insult to another human. It's not slang - it's not even correct or possible, but it IS an insult. It's hurtful, ignorant and degrading .... there is no place in commercial entertainment for those things. Sadly .... Hollywood is making the kids of today think it's cool, or dope, or whatever they say this week.
It's sad. Very sad.

Society let it get this way for the last 35 or years now Society wants to change it ....sorry TOO LATE!

#316572 - 02/15/11 01:35 PM Re: Cee Lo Green's dirty word song [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
Diki Offline

It's the logical endgame of capitalism... Once the profit motive is put ahead of EVERYTHING, the market will seek the Lowest Common Denominator (with the emphasis on 'common'!).

Look at how children's TV has been emasculated by commercial interests, and the ratio of programming to commercials has steadily risen, and content stripped of virtually ANY moral context... But Count Chocula is making a fortune!

#316573 - 02/15/11 01:36 PM Re: Cee Lo Green's dirty word song [Re: Dnj]
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
At least Gwyneth had a good time, looked good and sang well.

She's impressive to me, as a vocalist as well as as an actress. There is s song by her and Baby Face on rotation on the cool jazz stations that's great. It is "Just My Imagination", redone with lots of maj7ths...really good. Her work with Hewie Louis on a musical several years ago was OK too!

Talented lady!

Russ

Edited by captain Russ (02/15/11 01:37 PM)

#316588 - 02/15/11 03:18 PM Re: Cee Lo Green's dirty word song [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
Uncle Dave Offline

This is in responce to Donnys post about society on the prev page ....

I disagree ... it's lazy and ignorant, but still somewhat taboo, otherwise - you'd see the title of this post reading "Cee Lo's song F********* blah blah blah." Teens and young 20s have to grow out of this angst and shock, but once they start having kids and getting "real jobs" things change .... It's not all society. It's just the lower end of it. My piece is said .... I don't need to drag this one out. Make up your own minds, but please don't use that language on this site ... or in front of young kids ... or your mother ... or MY mother ... or ................. just don't use it. Thanx
smile

#316589 - 02/15/11 03:29 PM Re: Cee Lo Green's dirty word song [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
Dnj Offline

Us baby boomers are the last to have the old morals & the new morals in our lives........but believe me when I say when we are gone.....society will have no recollection of what once was to hold on too...it's a freak show out there and no end in sight. Future generations I'm afraid are doomed sad to say unless there is a major turnaround. Enjoy everyday you wake up to I say & live it like its your last because one day you won't wake up.

#316594 - 02/15/11 04:01 PM Re: Cee Lo Green's dirty word song [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
DonM Offline

MY kids sure know the difference, and they don't talk that way, and I know THEIR kids won't either.
DonM

#316595 - 02/15/11 04:04 PM Re: Cee Lo Green's dirty word song [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
Uncle Dave Offline

Amen, Don!

#316602 - 02/15/11 04:35 PM Re: Cee Lo Green's dirty word song [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: DonM
MY kids sure know the difference, and they don't talk that way, and I know THEIR kids won't either.
DonM

for example..Just turn on any Rap station, listen to the same lyrics with every curse in the book that millions of kids know EVERY WORD TOO.. or go see a comedy show and listen to how many times "MF" & the "N" word is used by differnt comedians of all nationalities...profanity is so wide spread it ain't funny.... most people and kids know "when & where" to use it especially in most public situations, but don't be nieve in thinking it's not more mainstrean in most private circles then not.

#316604 - 02/15/11 05:01 PM Re: Cee Lo Green's dirty word song [Re: DonM]
Fran Carango Offline

DonM

Words out of my mouth....and no it is not wide spread as mentioned...there are many kids brought up in homes that don't use that language..same with drugs, and honesty...

There is no excuse for raising kids any other way...and the poverty home doesn't hold water either..sorry Chas..I know many homes personally that kids turned out "good"..in less desireable areas..

#316608 - 02/15/11 06:02 PM Re: Cee Lo Green's dirty word song [Re: Fran Carango]
Dnj Offline

DonM

Words out of my mouth....and no it is not wide spread as mentioned...there are many kids brought up in homes that don't use that language..same with drugs, and honesty...

There is no excuse for raising kids any other way...and the poverty home doesn't hold water either..sorry Chas..I know many homes personally that kids turned out "good"..in less desireable areas..

It's not how most raise them it's what they see & hear every day in the streets, at school, on Tv, Movies internet, radio, & beyond it's everywhere they go. Hard for any parent to sheild them from it today, they have to decide for themselves at some point also.

#316615 - 02/15/11 07:00 PM Re: Cee Lo Green's dirty word song [Re: Dnj]
Uncle Dave Offline

profanity is so wide spread it ain't funny

My point exactly.

#316617 - 02/15/11 07:09 PM Re: Cee Lo Green's dirty word song [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

profanity is so wide spread it ain't funny

My point exactly.

on another note ....can't wait to hear that new NORD Rig wink

#316692 - 02/16/11 02:41 PM Re: Cee Lo Green's dirty word song [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
Uncle Dave Offline

smile smooth talker, you!

#316715 - 02/16/11 08:59 PM Re: Cee Lo Green's dirty word song [Re: Uncle Dave]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
But ya gotta admit .... it's a f***** funny song lol dance

Not to mention awesome production and song writing. Sure I admit it is only suited to certain audiences but they have done an excellent job on this.

#316803 - 02/17/11 07:47 PM Re: Cee Lo Green's dirty word song [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
Uncle Dave Offline

Nigel, You're 100% right ... the music is killer. I might even perform it from time to time ... edited of course. The beat rocks and the theme of the message is honest and real. It's just such a shame they (he) had to make it so controversial. I'll tell you all my story about the father , his kids and movie night with home made brownies sometime.

#316839 - 02/18/11 08:40 AM Re: Cee Lo Green's dirty word song [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
DonM Offline

The "Forget You" version was one of the options that the groups on Idol did this week. It is a cute song. I don't see any reason for the dirty version except shock value.
DonM

#316900 - 02/18/11 03:16 PM Re: Cee Lo Green's dirty word song [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
124 Offline

Love it or loathe it, shock value is a well used strategy and goes a long way in showbiz, right?

#316902 - 02/18/11 03:20 PM Re: Cee Lo Green's dirty word song [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
Diki Offline

'My Ding-a-ling'....

Nuff said!

#316947 - 02/18/11 09:36 PM Re: Cee Lo Green's dirty word song [Re: Diki]
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
In my mis-spent youth I did several blue parodies. NEVER did anyone call to re-hire me because of those routines. As a player in the autumn of my career, I stay away from anything anyone might find offensive.

In fairness...nobody ever calls and says they are hiring me because I keep it clean.

Eddie

#316976 - 02/19/11 08:25 AM Re: Cee Lo Green's dirty word song [Re: Diki]
DonM Offline

Originally Posted By: Diki
'My Ding-a-ling'....

Nuff said!

Ah c'mon, it's about a little tinkling bell.
. . . isn't it??
DonM

#316997 - 02/19/11 12:27 PM Re: Cee Lo Green's dirty word song [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
Uncle Dave Offline

See, now the difference here is that "Dingaling" happens to be funny and UNoffensive, but it's a horrible song.
"Forget You" is fun and danceable when it's not offensive, but it's a good beat and a catchy melody.
smile

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online