SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#316650 - 02/16/11 04:11 AM bose compact question
mikey_maestro Offline

Loc: San Tan Valley, AZ
It's been about a year now that this has been out? Anyone experiencing any problems with build quality or sound quality issues. do you love it still as much as you do as whan you first powered it up?

I'm considering one in the summer. I already have a tonematch so that should make it sound even better.

#316653 - 02/16/11 06:18 AM Re: bose compact question [Re: mikey_maestro]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
No trouble with mine, no build quality issues at all. It still sounds as good as the day I unboxed it.

#316662 - 02/16/11 08:51 AM Re: bose compact question [Re: mikey_maestro]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I use two of them every night and have for the past couple of years. No problems at all except in extreme temperature changes, like going from freezing to warm, the extensions were very hard to get apart. I got some silicon spray and I wipe some on occasionally and that solved the problem.
I think if you use a Yamaha arranger, you will prefer using two of them because of the way Yamaha doesn't sum the stereo parts to mono very well.
DonM

#316664 - 02/16/11 10:02 AM Re: bose compact question [Re: DonM]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
I have one compact and only use for very low volume solo gigs/home practice. I find vocals distort at even a moderate volume. I do have a Tyros 2 so maybe that's part of the problem?
In short I'd never buy another one.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#316665 - 02/16/11 10:09 AM Re: bose compact question [Re: mikey_maestro]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Mikey,
I own a Standard Classic L1 and two Compact L1s and have used the compacts on all kinds of gigs with no sound or volume issues. Sometimes I use one of the compacts and sometimes I use two of them. It seems like it really doesn't make much difference from the audience point of view.

I have used mine with both a Tyros 3, a Tyros 4, a Korg PA2XPro and they sound great with all of the keyboards.

I have absolutely no regret about buying them.

Hammer

#316668 - 02/16/11 11:07 AM Re: bose compact question [Re: mikey_maestro]
124 Offline

I recently bought an L1 II with the Tonematch and a B1 sub, so I can't yet comment on the durability aspect. I've used the system on two gigs so far, one a fairly large hall for an older age group of about 150 people, and it did the job with ease. I had my main volume and accompaniment volume sliders on the Pa1XPro at about 75%, the gain on the Tonematch at 50%, and the master volume on the Tonematch at 50%. There was plenty of headroom had I needed it. So, no regrets at all from me.

#316673 - 02/16/11 11:58 AM Re: bose compact question [Re: mikey_maestro]
moldmaker Offline

Loc: Illinois
I've used my bose compact for over a year without any issues at all. I am very happy with the portability, ease of set up & most of all, the sound that I get.
Wally

#316683 - 02/16/11 01:43 PM Re: bose compact question [Re: montunoman]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Originally Posted By: montunoman
I have one compact and only use for very low volume solo gigs/home practice. I find vocals distort at even a moderate volume. I do have a Tyros 2 so maybe that's part of the problem?
In short I'd never buy another one.

I can't get mine to distort, without turning the input WAY too high. Be sure and check all levels. I usually run the Compact control at noon, then control the volume from the keyboard or mixer. I can get REALLY loud without distortion.
If you can't, there may be something wrong with your unit. It would be worth a call to Bose. Their customer support is unsurpassed.
DonM

#316684 - 02/16/11 01:43 PM Re: bose compact question [Re: moldmaker]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I purchased the L1 Compact when it first came out, never had problems with anything, build, sound quality, vocals, etc... Everything is in the outstanding category. Same holds true for my standard L1 that I purchased when they first came on the market. If there were just one word to describe the way both I and my audiences say about the L1 Compact, INCREDIBLE sums it up nicely.

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#316688 - 02/16/11 02:17 PM Re: bose compact question [Re: mikey_maestro]
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I bought the L1 and compact when they first came out. I love the clear sound and never have had any issues. I sing also and have never had feed back or distortion issues at high volume unless the gain is accidently turned real high.

I would buy them again if they were stolen, otherwise they will probably outlast me.
Bernie

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online