SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#316572 - 02/15/11 01:35 PM Re: Cee Lo Green's dirty word song [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
It's the logical endgame of capitalism... Once the profit motive is put ahead of EVERYTHING, the market will seek the Lowest Common Denominator (with the emphasis on 'common'!).

Look at how children's TV has been emasculated by commercial interests, and the ratio of programming to commercials has steadily risen, and content stripped of virtually ANY moral context... But Count Chocula is making a fortune!

#316573 - 02/15/11 01:36 PM Re: Cee Lo Green's dirty word song [Re: Dnj]
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
At least Gwyneth had a good time, looked good and sang well.

She's impressive to me, as a vocalist as well as as an actress. There is s song by her and Baby Face on rotation on the cool jazz stations that's great. It is "Just My Imagination", redone with lots of maj7ths...really good. Her work with Hewie Louis on a musical several years ago was OK too!

Talented lady!

Russ

Edited by captain Russ (02/15/11 01:37 PM)

#316588 - 02/15/11 03:18 PM Re: Cee Lo Green's dirty word song [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
This is in responce to Donnys post about society on the prev page ....

I disagree ... it's lazy and ignorant, but still somewhat taboo, otherwise - you'd see the title of this post reading "Cee Lo's song F********* blah blah blah." Teens and young 20s have to grow out of this angst and shock, but once they start having kids and getting "real jobs" things change .... It's not all society. It's just the lower end of it. My piece is said .... I don't need to drag this one out. Make up your own minds, but please don't use that language on this site ... or in front of young kids ... or your mother ... or MY mother ... or ................. just don't use it. Thanx
smile

#316589 - 02/15/11 03:29 PM Re: Cee Lo Green's dirty word song [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
Dnj Offline

Us baby boomers are the last to have the old morals & the new morals in our lives........but believe me when I say when we are gone.....society will have no recollection of what once was to hold on too...it's a freak show out there and no end in sight. Future generations I'm afraid are doomed sad to say unless there is a major turnaround. Enjoy everyday you wake up to I say & live it like its your last because one day you won't wake up.

#316594 - 02/15/11 04:01 PM Re: Cee Lo Green's dirty word song [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
MY kids sure know the difference, and they don't talk that way, and I know THEIR kids won't either.
DonM

#316595 - 02/15/11 04:04 PM Re: Cee Lo Green's dirty word song [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
Uncle Dave Offline

Amen, Don!

#316602 - 02/15/11 04:35 PM Re: Cee Lo Green's dirty word song [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: DonM
MY kids sure know the difference, and they don't talk that way, and I know THEIR kids won't either.
DonM

for example..Just turn on any Rap station, listen to the same lyrics with every curse in the book that millions of kids know EVERY WORD TOO.. or go see a comedy show and listen to how many times "MF" & the "N" word is used by differnt comedians of all nationalities...profanity is so wide spread it ain't funny.... most people and kids know "when & where" to use it especially in most public situations, but don't be nieve in thinking it's not more mainstrean in most private circles then not.

#316604 - 02/15/11 05:01 PM Re: Cee Lo Green's dirty word song [Re: DonM]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
DonM

Words out of my mouth....and no it is not wide spread as mentioned...there are many kids brought up in homes that don't use that language..same with drugs, and honesty...

There is no excuse for raising kids any other way...and the poverty home doesn't hold water either..sorry Chas..I know many homes personally that kids turned out "good"..in less desireable areas..

#316608 - 02/15/11 06:02 PM Re: Cee Lo Green's dirty word song [Re: Fran Carango]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Fran Carango
DonM

Words out of my mouth....and no it is not wide spread as mentioned...there are many kids brought up in homes that don't use that language..same with drugs, and honesty...

There is no excuse for raising kids any other way...and the poverty home doesn't hold water either..sorry Chas..I know many homes personally that kids turned out "good"..in less desireable areas..

It's not how most raise them it's what they see & hear every day in the streets, at school, on Tv, Movies internet, radio, & beyond it's everywhere they go. Hard for any parent to sheild them from it today, they have to decide for themselves at some point also.

#316615 - 02/15/11 07:00 PM Re: Cee Lo Green's dirty word song [Re: Dnj]
Uncle Dave Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj
profanity is so wide spread it ain't funny

My point exactly.

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online