SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#316442 - 02/14/11 07:19 AM Re: Cee Lo Green's dirty word song [Re: Dnj]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By: Dnj
Big deal....It's only words....better things to worry about in this world.

Picture this....You are introducing your mother to your grandaughter's school audience...using your homeboy language....now tell me "It's only words".... blush

#316445 - 02/14/11 07:42 AM Re: Cee Lo Green's dirty word song [Re: Fran Carango]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Fran Carango

Picture this....You are introducing your mother to your grandaughter's school audience...using your homeboy language....now tell me "It's only words".... blush

Don't be nieve these "KIDS" know way more then you would be led to believe, I'm sure everuyone of them has googles the word sex on thier computers when mommy 7 daddy isnt around wink ...the "F" bomb is the least of it. Cursing has been around since the dawn of time ...it will NEVER change in any language..how you use it in your everyday life and how you control it in different situations is the key.

#316449 - 02/14/11 08:26 AM Re: Cee Lo Green's dirty word song [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
...the "F" bomb is the least of it. Cursing has been around since the dawn of time ...it will NEVER change in any language..how you use it in your everyday life and how you control it in different situations is the key.

Donny ... That's exactly right ... I think what some of us are saying is that we disagree with the fact that it is being made 'acceptable' in every day language, even over the air waves - or 'cable waves' ... We are not "kidding ourselves", some of us just don't approve of it ... what others may do, say or think is up to them ,,, after all it is their right, just as it is my right to voice my disapproval ...

Just a little story ... a good number of years ago a young guy I worked with would discuss why the language and scenes music videos was fine ... I found it very interesting to see and hear the change of attitude after his wife gave birth to twin girls ... So I guess what we are willing to accept depends a lot on your 'place in life' ...

#316455 - 02/14/11 08:48 AM Re: Cee Lo Green's dirty word song [Re: tony mads usa]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: tony mads usa

Just a little story ... a good number of years ago a young guy I worked with would discuss why the language and scenes music videos was fine ... I found it very interesting to see and hear the change of attitude after his wife gave birth to twin girls ... So I guess what we are willing to accept depends a lot on your 'place in life' ...

Well put, Tony...and very accurate indeed.

ian

#316457 - 02/14/11 08:56 AM Re: Cee Lo Green's dirty word song [Re: Dnj]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA

Don't be nieve these "KIDS" know way more then you would be led to believe, I'm sure everuyone of them has googles the word sex on thier computers when mommy 7 daddy isnt around wink ...the "F" bomb is the least of it. Cursing has been around since the dawn of time ...it will NEVER change in any language..how you use it in your everyday life and how you control it in different situations is the key.

But "KIDS" do know better..at least my kids did... smile

And foul words and sex do not go together.....in fact..a foul mouth will get you very little sex.. grin

#316465 - 02/14/11 09:49 AM Re: Cee Lo Green's dirty word song [Re: Fran Carango]
tony mads usa Offline

And foul words and sex do not go together.....in fact..a foul mouth will get you very little sex.. grin

Brush after every meal and floss !!! laugh

#316466 - 02/14/11 09:50 AM Re: Cee Lo Green's dirty word song [Re: tony mads usa]
tony mads usa Offline

BTW ... Midi Hits has "Forget You" for sale, for those who are interested ...

#316502 - 02/14/11 03:48 PM Re: Cee Lo Green's dirty word song [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
They are not JUST words. Words can wound...like weapons, and often do. If it's SO ok to use the lingo ... try it in front of your mother, kids, or in the workplace. What adults do in the privacy of their own place is one thing, but mainstream music needs some control. I know many people object to censorship, but we need some of it to keep peace and decorum. If it was accepted usage, why not just post the inappropriate title in this post? The OP even called it a "dirty word".
Face it - I'm part of the older group here ... I know I'm on the "back nine", but if the next group of writers throw all their education and manners out of window .... the music industry will be at it's worst ever. I'm not so sure we're not there already.
And please don't use the Grammys as a guideline for decorum either .... Tinsel Town is not the real world. In mixed company, language needs to be polite.
You can't shout "Fire" in a crowded movie, you can't yell "Bomb" on a plane and you can't say F*** in public without consequence. It's not "acceptable" ... people are using shock value to profit from declining morals, and those that are lazy enough to let it slip are at fault for what will happen if they don't pull in the reigns soon.
I just had to disable the internet connections on the computers in my music rooms when I am not using them for studies because too many kids were abusing the "freedom" and listening to degrading, hurtful negative songs that already kept one kid out of school for 3 days...but that's another story.

Remember - they are not JUST words. They really aren't...and "F*** You" is just about the worst of them all. it's a direct insult to another human. It's not slang - it's not even correct or possible, but it IS an insult. It's hurtful, ignorant and degrading .... there is no place in commercial entertainment for those things. Sadly .... Hollywood is making the kids of today think it's cool, or dope, or whatever they say this week.
It's sad. Very sad.

#316527 - 02/14/11 11:15 PM Re: Cee Lo Green's dirty word song [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Well I never talk like that . . . except on the golf course.
DonM

#316542 - 02/15/11 06:29 AM Re: Cee Lo Green's dirty word song [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Uncle Dave
They are not JUST words. Words can wound...like weapons, and often do. If it's SO ok to use the lingo ... try it in front of your mother, kids, or in the workplace. What adults do in the privacy of their own place is one thing, but mainstream music needs some control. I know many people object to censorship, but we need some of it to keep peace and decorum. If it was accepted usage, why not just post the inappropriate title in this post? The OP even called it a "dirty word".
Face it - I'm part of the older group here ... I know I'm on the "back nine", but if the next group of writers throw all their education and manners out of window .... the music industry will be at it's worst ever. I'm not so sure we're not there already.
And please don't use the Grammys as a guideline for decorum either .... Tinsel Town is not the real world. In mixed company, language needs to be polite.
You can't shout "Fire" in a crowded movie, you can't yell "Bomb" on a plane and you can't say F*** in public without consequence. It's not "acceptable" ... people are using shock value to profit from declining morals, and those that are lazy enough to let it slip are at fault for what will happen if they don't pull in the reigns soon.
I just had to disable the internet connections on the computers in my music rooms when I am not using them for studies because too many kids were abusing the "freedom" and listening to degrading, hurtful negative songs that already kept one kid out of school for 3 days...but that's another story.

Remember - they are not JUST words. They really aren't...and "F*** You" is just about the worst of them all. it's a direct insult to another human. It's not slang - it's not even correct or possible, but it IS an insult. It's hurtful, ignorant and degrading .... there is no place in commercial entertainment for those things. Sadly .... Hollywood is making the kids of today think it's cool, or dope, or whatever they say this week.
It's sad. Very sad.

Society let it get this way for the last 35 or years now Society wants to change it ....sorry TOO LATE!

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online