SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#316205 - 02/11/11 03:01 PM Re: Your Favorite Music Video [Re: Diki]
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Originally Posted By: Diki
OMG! I remember seeing that OGWT show when it aired. It changed my life! Can't believe how YOUNG they all were back then! Return to Forever were a game changer for jazz.

Thanks for the clicking, Dennis. I don't demand anybody like her, but just as you might feel anything you post is at least WORTH a brief listen, so we can understand a little about what you describe or rave about, the few seconds out of your life clicking on that can't have been the MOST wasted time of your life!

I don't mind her not being your cup of tea, but we all ought to take at least a SIP from each others' cups, now and again, just to better know our fellow members!

Yep fair enough too Diki!! It was one of the reasons I DID finally have a listen smile

Well said m8!

Dennis

#316209 - 02/11/11 03:14 PM Re: Your Favorite Music Video [Re: DonM]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: DonM
Here's another of my favorites. Not sure what it says about my taste, but Randy Newman is a song-writing son-of-a-gun.
DonM

Randy is truly one of the best writers out there...this is a version of his song, "Feels Like Home" sung by the incredible Linda Ronstadt...I couldn't seem to find a "live" version, but this one still is pretty nice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yy22lxsjimU&feature=related

Nice tasty Hammond organ embellishments and fine piano playing.

Ian

#316212 - 02/11/11 03:55 PM Re: Your Favorite Music Video [Re: ianmcnll]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Linda Ronstadt is an excellent choice Ian, and I love her
FOR SENTIMENTAL REASONS

bow

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#316215 - 02/11/11 04:33 PM Re: Your Favorite Music Video [Re: lahawk]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA

#316221 - 02/11/11 06:36 PM Re: Your Favorite Music Video [Re: lahawk]
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Ambrosia; They were way before their time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QIWtY7gzvA&feature=related

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#316222 - 02/11/11 07:28 PM Re: Your Favorite Music Video [Re: lahawk]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Fran, good one, Linda is truly one of the great voices in pop music, and she can really sing the old standards.

Al, Ambrosia, a great harmonizing band that I almost forgot about. Thanks for reminding me of this great song and video.

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#316228 - 02/11/11 10:56 PM Re: Your Favorite Music Video [Re: Diki]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By: Diki
OMG! I remember seeing that OGWT show when it aired. It changed my life! Can't believe how YOUNG they all were back then! Return to Forever were a game changer for jazz.

I saw them not so long ago on their 25th anniversary reunion tour. They were even better ... if that is possible. And they played all the tracks from the "Romantic Warrior" and "Light As Feather" albums. It was pure magic. And the night I saw them was Chick Corea's 65th birthday. They talked on stage about when Al Di Meola first joined the band ... he was 19 years old then. I have Romantic Warrior on vinyl and CD ... and I will buy it on whatever audio formats the future holds in store. Just love that record. When I first saw the OGWT performance back then I was blown away. I had already played the album to death but was knocked out at how easy they made it look live.

#316230 - 02/11/11 11:17 PM Re: Your Favorite Music Video [Re: Nigel]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Now you got me started flashing back to my favorite jazz bands from the 70s.
Here is another clip from a tour I saw live in Australia. It was the Weather Report "Heavy Weather" tour.
Total virtuosity. Wayne, Jaco and Joe Zawinul ( managing an arsenal of classic keyboards ) .

I love this band.

#316231 - 02/11/11 11:20 PM Re: Your Favorite Music Video [Re: lahawk]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Sassy's legendary 1958 jazz rendition of "Somewnere Over The Rainbow" is first class in my book. cool
The fine rhythm section ain't too shabby either.

Sarah Vaughan:

#316235 - 02/12/11 12:10 AM Re: Your Favorite Music Video [Re: Scottyee]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Here is a very good friend of mine that I used to play bass with back in the 70s in Melbourne Australia playing "Over The Rainbow" on piano. His name is Warren Wills and he really is an exceptional piano player. You must listen to his interpretation. It starts off very tastefully ... and then becomes a virtuoso performance. This is keyboard playing at its very finest.

In this old photo from when we played together are ( from left to right )

Warren Wills
Anna Carina
Frank Tayla
Nigel Spencer

Attachments
warren.jpg

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online