SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#315673 - 02/07/11 03:40 PM Interview of President Obama & The Reading Of The
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Scott Yee posted something that was pretty interesting.

Fox use of the time slot prior to the Superbowl to interview President Obama and then it is followed up with a reading of the Consitution.

Totally Right Wing Agenda ?

Just a thought....

Edited by DanO1 (02/07/11 03:43 PM)

#315675 - 02/07/11 04:05 PM Re: Interview of President Obama & The Reading Of The [Re: DanO1]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi Dan.
Yep, Fox News' imo is totally 'right' wing, and I believe it was totally 'wrong' for them to use that venue to promote it,
especially on our special day when all Americans should come together as one to celebrate the Superbowl!
Shame on Fox (Rupert Murdock) mad and shame on Bill O'Reilly! mad
All things considered, I think Obama handled that interview well. smile

#315676 - 02/07/11 04:15 PM Re: Interview of President Obama & The Reading Of The [Re: DanO1]
DanO1 Offline

I agree with you Scott. I'm really glad you brought that up.

One thing I like about Obama is the fact is he'll sit down and talk to any body completely
unscripted.

If you are late to the party. Here is the comment made on a different thread.

Scott " Interestingly enough, the Superbowl was broadcast on the right leaning "Fox Channel" beginning with the highly politicized pre-game interview with President Obama by Bill O'Reilly!
I personally didn't think that was an appropriate venue for such a right vs left politicized interview."

Edited by DanO1 (02/07/11 04:18 PM)

#315680 - 02/07/11 04:33 PM Re: Interview of President Obama & The Reading Of The [Re: DanO1]
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Its becoming a tradition for the network that broadcasts the Super Bowl to have a short lead-in interview with the POTUS.

I thought he handled it pretty well.

#315684 - 02/07/11 04:51 PM Re: Interview of President Obama & The Reading Of The [Re: Bill in Dayton]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Originally Posted By: Bill in Dayton
the network that broadcasts the Super Bowl

Therein lies the problem.
Fox News, fair and balanced . . . not! rotf2

#315688 - 02/07/11 05:15 PM Re: Interview of President Obama & The Reading Of The [Re: DanO1]
DanO1 Offline

#315695 - 02/07/11 06:12 PM Re: Interview of President Obama & The Reading Of The [Re: DanO1]
JCkeeys Offline

Loc: St. James,New York,USA
Walter Cronkite ... We miss you!! Dam ... I'm getting old!!!

#315754 - 02/08/11 07:25 AM Re: Interview of President Obama & The Reading Of The [Re: DanO1]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Whatever happened to those articulate, often brilliant, voices of the Right? Guys like William F. Buckley. We on the Left didn't hate or revile him; rather, we were somewhat jealous of the fact that we had few, if any, spokesmen on the Left that could match his eloquence and intellect. Boy, how times change. Now we have Palin, Beck, Limbaugh, Hannity, Bachmann, Angle. I guess you COULD say that these people ARE articulate....to that segment of the populace freed " from the restraints of education, literacy, science, responsibility, equity, kindness and humility".

Yeah JC, where is Walter Cronkite when you need him?

chas

#315763 - 02/08/11 07:54 AM Re: Interview of President Obama & The Reading Of The [Re: DanO1]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
chas...agree, but where are ANY voices on the Left?

Big Corporations (like Clear Channel) have bought out all the little guys, so there is no longer an equal balance of talk radio here in the USA.(Reagan made sure of that) I live in an area of the Country that has ZERO radio stations broadcasting ANYTHING Left wing. It's 24/7 Right Wing, and many of those shows are pure hate. It is unbelievable that a city like Philadelphia, which btw is a very Progressive Democrat left leaning city, and I can't find one Progressive radio stations. Why? Because Republicans are pro BIG business, Big Business now controls the airways, and thus the GOP has a huge edge in the way our Country 'hears' the 'news'. News? Well that's a whole new topic of what they call "news".

That being said, I do give the Right credit, they were, and continue to more aggressive in getting their message out. Those on the Progressive side let these changes happen, and have no one to blame but themselves. I'm a registered Democrat, but it sickens me that they have this "Thank-You May I Have Another" smack-down they constantly and willingly receive from the Right.

Thank God for the Daily Show. It makes me feel better at the end of a day.

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#315799 - 02/08/11 12:22 PM Re: Interview of President Obama & The Reading Of The [Re: Scottyee]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: Scottyee
Originally Posted By: Bill in Dayton
the network that broadcasts the Super Bowl

Therein lies the problem.
Fox News, fair and balanced . . . not! rotf2

\
Scott ... I would appreciate it if you could give me a radio or tv station that IS fair and balanced ?!?!?

The Super Bowl is broadcast over a different network each year ... do you think ABC, CBS, or NBC give fair and balanced interviews/newscasts, etc.? ... and I won't even begin to talk about any of the 'cable' news stations ... each and all has their own agenda ... the are "fair and balanced" depending on the listener's viewpoint ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online