SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#315629 - 02/07/11 12:49 PM OT Please help!!
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
A person with Malewarebytes said that my Yahoo eMail account has been Hi-Jacked. It sends out Ads to my address book contacts. He said to contact Yahoo. I've been going in circles on the Yahoo site trying to email them about this problem. Has anyone contacted Yahoo thru email. Can you direct me? Please! and thanks for any help.
Boo

#315630 - 02/07/11 12:52 PM Re: OT Please help!! [Re: brickboo]
Dnj Offline

I keep getting virus emails from your account

#315632 - 02/07/11 12:54 PM Re: OT Please help!! [Re: Dnj]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Originally Posted By: Dnj
I keep getting virus emails from your account

+1 frown

#315633 - 02/07/11 12:56 PM Re: OT Please help!! [Re: brickboo]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
You know I've been getting them too. I read that you might fix the problem by changing your mail password. I'm not sure, but it might be worth a try.
I'm getting the same mails from HankB's wife, Linda.
DonM

#315639 - 02/07/11 01:19 PM Re: OT Please help!! [Re: brickboo]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
boo ... My wife has a yahoo mail account and when she opens it, if she scrolls down the screen there is a link to send feedback ... have you tried that? ... or have you tried going to yahoo.com? ... at the bottom right side of the page there is a HELP/CONTACT US LINK ...
GOOD LUCK

#315640 - 02/07/11 01:23 PM Re: OT Please help!! [Re: brickboo]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
BOO ... THIS IS FROM A YAHOO HELP PAGE ...

Some users have reported that their contacts received spam that originated from from their Yahoo! email account. This issue has been affecting multiple email providers with the spam containing a URL soliciting prescription medicine.

If you've experienced this issue, we strongly believe your account has been compromised and was used by an unauthorized third party to send spam or fraudulent emails to your contact list.

Please change your Password. By changing your password immediately, you quickly minimize the resulting risk for your Yahoo! account. For help selecting a strong password and/or safeguarding it against misuse, please review the tips posted in the password section of the Yahoo! Security Center.

We also suggest you perform a virus scan on your computer(s) if you haven't already done so.

#315662 - 02/07/11 02:46 PM Re: OT Please help!! [Re: brickboo]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Tony is correct: CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#315667 - 02/07/11 03:02 PM Re: OT Please help!! [Re: brickboo]
brickboo Offline

I canged my password. If any of you get the email after a while let me know so I'll know if it worked or not please.
Is there anyway I can delete the similar post. I guess you have to shut down the computer and reboot to see your post? Before I shut down I couldn't see my post until I rebooted.

#315668 - 02/07/11 03:05 PM Re: OT Please help!! [Re: brickboo]
brickboo Offline

I discovered an email address for yahoo in my address book. It's abuse@yahoo.com I think it worked. Maybe I still may not hear from them.

Edited by brickboo (02/07/11 03:06 PM)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online