SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#316148 - 02/11/11 12:23 AM Re: OT: Who posted their other hobby photograhy? [Re: tony mads usa]
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Originally Posted By: tony mads usa

Andrea ... no doubt your lioness would have 'trumped' my deer ... perhaps even all 20 that we saw in the backyard today ... I have no idea where they are all coming from, but I hope they keep GOING!!! ...

Tony, I really envy you. Ciao!

#316149 - 02/11/11 12:41 AM Re: OT: Who posted their other hobby photograhy? [Re: ianmcnll]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
Originally Posted By: cgiles
Ian, go into 'Quick Quote' and copy the link enclosed in the [img] brackets and paste it into your browser.

chas

Chas, I tried it with the Tanzania post and I got this message...

Your search for did not match with any Web results.

Ian

It is something weird that Tripod are doing. When I pasted the link into my browser then it showed up and then also started showing up on the thread.

#316151 - 02/11/11 02:53 AM Re: OT: Who posted their other hobby photograhy? [Re: Stephenm52]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Andrea,

I'm a little late posting, but first nice to hear from you. Great photos I particularly like the ones from Asia and Africa. The one from the USA "Lone Cypress" I've heard that is one the most photographed trees in the world.

Tony, Deb has some family who live about 3 miles from you off Carr's Pond Road, they are on 18 acres about 15 are cleared. Not sure what their front yard looks like now, but for the last few years a dawn and dusk you could regularly see a family of deer grazing on their property. I also remember when the deer ate about $10,000 worth of shrubbery from the property.

#316165 - 02/11/11 04:44 AM Re: OT: Who posted their other hobby photograhy? [Re: Stephenm52]
Dreamer Offline

Originally Posted By: Stephenm52
Andrea,

I'm a little late posting, but first nice to hear from you. Great photos I particularly like the ones from Asia and Africa. The one from the USA "Lone Cypress" I've heard that is one the most photographed trees in the world.

Thank you, Steve. I came back to the Carmel/Monterey area a few years ago and saw that the Lone Cypress was in poor conditions indeed, to the point that I didn't feel like taking another picture, but preferred to keep the memories I had from my previous journey instead.

#316202 - 02/11/11 02:53 PM Re: OT: Who posted their other hobby photograhy? [Re: Dreamer]
Happy Birthday tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: Dreamer
Originally Posted By: tony mads usa

Andrea ... no doubt your lioness would have 'trumped' my deer ... perhaps even all 20 that we saw in the backyard today ... I have no idea where they are all coming from, but I hope they keep GOING!!! ...

Tony, I really envy you. Ciao!

Andrea, I would trade those deer for the scenery of Italia any day !!! wink

#316220 - 02/11/11 06:25 PM Re: OT: Who posted their other hobby photograhy? [Re: tony mads usa]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
My buddy Poz sent this one to me several months ago, said it was taken in his front yard.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#316223 - 02/11/11 09:29 PM Re: OT: Who posted their other hobby photograhy? [Re: travlin'easy]
Happy Birthday tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
My buddy Poz sent this one to me several months ago, said it was taken in his front yard.

Gary cool

I ain't shoveling his walk OR mowing his grass !!!!! surprised shocked

#316236 - 02/12/11 12:33 AM Re: OT: Who posted their other hobby photograhy? [Re: travlin'easy]
Dreamer Offline

Originally Posted By: travlin'easy

Gary cool

I hope he's got a good rifle in his house, just in case...

#316246 - 02/12/11 07:42 AM Re: OT: Who posted their other hobby photograhy? [Re: Stephenm52]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I talked with him last night. He said when he took the photos the cats were still a bit small and have grown quite a bit since then. He lives in the mountains of northern California and sees mountain lions regularly. They're mainly nocturnal and they're usually more afraid of you than you are of them--but that's not always the case.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#316248 - 02/12/11 08:07 AM Re: OT: Who posted their other hobby photograhy? [Re: Stephenm52]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Yep, definitely a beautiful part of California where Poz lives.

Though I live in the urban SF bay area (Berkeley), believe it or not, mountain lions have even been spotted here as well.

Andrea, this happened just one block shocked from where we lunched together:
Mountain Lion Shot and Killed Near Berkeley's Gourmet Ghetto

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online