SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#315701 - 02/07/11 07:15 PM Re: OT: Who posted their other hobby photograhy? [Re: Stephenm52]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I've been a photographer since the early 1970s, a time when I wrote my first magazine article for Outdoor Life. Back then you couldn't sell an article without accompanying photos, and they had to be the best quality or your article was rejected by the editor(s). I still write a monthly magazine column and still sell photos with the articles. The big difference is I no longer need a darkroom, my SLRs are all sitting in drawers and have become antiques, and the film processors no longer process 35mm color slides. I have a couple of aging digital cameras, the resolution is only 2.1-mega-pixels, but the 20/1 lenses do an outstanding job for outdoor and wildlife photography.

Cheers,

Gary cool

Edited by travlin'easy (02/07/11 07:19 PM)
Edit Reason: photo problems

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#315729 - 02/08/11 03:50 AM Re: OT: Who posted their other hobby photograhy? [Re: Stephenm52]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Taike, I have seen your photo on the wall in the lobby of my local US Post Office of the most wanted law breakers. Now I know where I knew your face from. I was a little confused since your "alias name" was posted under the photo. laugh

Gary, now another reason to address you as Professor! Nice photo.

Don/Gary darkrooms too! I'd call that very serious hobbyists/pro. I have an old Minolta SLR with a variety of lenses, when point and shoot digitals were released I never touched the SLR again. Back in December I wanted to get a little deeper into photo editing using Aperture software from Apple. It came with a sample library of photos that are outstanding, seeing those photos were the bug that bit me. Since then I purchased a used entry level Canon Rebel 2ti DSLR. Takes nice photos, all I need to do now is learn to use it the way it should be. If you haven't checked out Coaster Tim's photos it's worth a visit to his site, he's got some nice work posted there.

http://www.picasaweb.com/timspirations

#315731 - 02/08/11 04:11 AM Re: OT: Who posted their other hobby photograhy? [Re: Stephenm52]
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Hey Steve,

I'm into photography also. I've actually sold my photos to the publishing houses before there was even a "Stock Photo" concept in the industry. LOL.

I'm currently shooting with a Canon EOS 7D camera and hang out frequently on the Digital Photography Review forums learning and sharing Digital photography tips and tricks.

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/forum.asp?forum=1019

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#315732 - 02/08/11 04:20 AM Re: OT: Who posted their other hobby photograhy? [Re: Stephenm52]
Stephenm52 Offline

Al,

Whoa rocker Canon EOS 7d cool! The guy I bought the T2i from graduated to the 7d. He gave us a tour of both when my wife and I went to purchase the t2i, fine piece of equipment that 7d. Nice you made some $$ selling your work.

I've been scouting around forums, I'll have to check out your link.

#315785 - 02/08/11 09:23 AM Re: OT: Who posted their other hobby photograhy? [Re: Stephenm52]
kbrkr Offline

Steve,

I used to be a Nikon fan, but fell out of love when things went digital. I had the original Canon EOS Rebel 300D for many years before finally getting the 7D early in 2010. With so many life changes in 2010, we thought we should have a great camera to capture them all. The 7D captures great HD Video as well so it's a combo Video / Still Camera.

I'm dying to do some traveling now to capture some great pictures. You'll love the T2i. You might want to check out Adobe LightRoom to catalog and process your photos. It's a great little piece of software.

#315833 - 02/08/11 04:59 PM Re: OT: Who posted their other hobby photograhy? [Re: travlin'easy]
kbrkr Offline

That is a great Shot Gary!!! How did you happen upon this little guy?

#315843 - 02/08/11 06:38 PM Re: OT: Who posted their other hobby photograhy? [Re: kbrkr]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
I've also had a long lasting interest in photography, with my favorite camera being a Minolta SRT 201 ... I got to take some great shots with that in full manual mode ... Unfortunately it was stolen from my hotel room while on a business trip ... I replaced it with a Nikon FE2 which was also very nice, but I think I did a better job with the Minolta ...
Then came digital ... I now use a SONY DSC H50 ... nice, feels like a camera, but it is NOT an digital SLR, which perhaps I may get someday ...

Some of you guys have had some heavy duty hardware ... I envy that ... wink

#315874 - 02/09/11 03:11 AM Re: OT: Who posted their other hobby photograhy? [Re: tony mads usa]
Stephenm52 Offline

Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
I've also had a long lasting interest in photography, with my favorite camera being a Minolta SRT 201 ... I got to take some great shots with that in full manual mode ... Unfortunately it was stolen from my hotel room while on a business trip ... I replaced it with a Nikon FE2 which was also very nice, but I think I did a better job with the Minolta ...
Then came digital ... I now use a SONY DSC H50 ... nice, feels like a camera, but it is NOT an digital SLR, which perhaps I may get someday ...

Some of you guys have had some heavy duty hardware ... I envy that ... wink

Tony, small world! I have a Minolta SRT 202, very similar to the 201. It's a keep sake now as it belonged to my late father. That camera always did a nice job with photos, but haven't used it in probably 9 or 10 years.

#315887 - 02/09/11 07:34 AM Re: OT: Who posted their other hobby photograhy? [Re: Stephenm52]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Al,

The fox decided to take a nap in the snow right in front of my living-room window last winter. It snoozed most of the day, and even returned the following day for a nap. The sun was very bright, temperature was down to nearly zero, but I guess the dense fur kept it quite cozy while basking in the sun. The wildlife in my yard is beyond belief, and there are times when looking out any window of my home I can see some really neat critters. Here's another shot when the fox woke up.

Cheers,

Gary cool

Edited by travlin'easy (02/09/11 07:40 AM)

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#315908 - 02/09/11 09:28 AM Re: OT: Who posted their other hobby photograhy? [Re: travlin'easy]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
OK ... hopefully this will work ...

Attachments
Feb 9 2011 DSC07623.JPG

Feb 9 2011 DSC07622.JPG

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online