SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#315079 - 02/03/11 04:15 AM Re: Modern version of Ave Maria on Lionstracs [Re: Bachus]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By: Bachus
.....and you can play everything just the way Yamaha wants you to play it.

chas

#315080 - 02/03/11 05:49 AM Re: Modern version of Ave Maria on Lionstracs [Re: Bachus]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Bachus

[But then many people overhere are better of with a Tyros 4, its easier to understand, and you can play everything just the way Yamaha wants you to play it.

Hey, it's as easy as fishin' to edit/assemble styles, and to make your own registrations and multi-pads...that's hardly bein' stuck at what a company feels you have to play.

And, yes, it is a good thing the Tyros4 is easy to understand.

I just taught a 72 year old grandmother how to edit/assemble and revoice a style (over the phone, no less)...she's almost as old as you and Chas.

There's no need to be forced to accept what a company gives us anymore as far as styles...Yamaha does a pretty darn good job of giving us plenty of styles to edit to our own liking, not to forget the incredible number of third party styles.

There's no excuse for being stuck with the same old styles over and over...not any more.

Ian

#315191 - 02/04/11 08:31 AM Re: Modern version of Ave Maria on Lionstracs [Re: Bachus]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Bachus,
I have yet to hear a single style converted by Qranger from a Yamaha style...WITH mega voices that sounds good at all!
Did I miss it?

And you must have a very high quality Mega-voice full compatible sound set in order to do this well. I think Norbert had that too?

What did I miss, I always have had good support from Norbert.
The Live-styler could be purchased by the customer if that was a issue? If Norbert was charging DOm a couple hundred bucke per copy it would have been a steel.

Maybe I missed what hapened with DOM and norbert?

#315216 - 02/04/11 12:32 PM Re: Modern version of Ave Maria on Lionstracs [Re: Bachus]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I still don't get the point of running Yamaha styles on a Yamaha style player in the MS. I mean, for Pete's sake! Korg don't tout playing Yamaha styles as a 'feature', Yamaha don't even TRY to put Roland style compatibility into their arrangers. No arranger attempts to put the features in so you can play Ketron Live Loop styles.

Each of the majors stands or falls because of their OWN styles and sounds (a gestalt, or whole thing, made from two connected components).

Ian points out that it is a piece of cake to assemble and edit styles... Yes, true to an extent. BUT... what he's doing is editing and assembling (frankenstyling!) styles out of the ALREADY brilliant Yamaha styles in the first place. He's not creating them from scratch. He's certainly not hunting around in a disjointed VSTi instrument library for sounds that work well TOGETHER, to go along with that style.

The idea that the STRENGTH of an MS is it can emulate a Yamaha (except for Mega and SA2 voices, which, let's face it, are the BEST things in those styles!), and end up sounding little better than a cheap PSR is ludicrous. As I have been saying since day one, it's the CONTENT that makes the arranger. Unless you are Nicolas Damgaart (MidiSpot) or one of the top style creators (and even THEY don't have to work on creating a cohesive soundset), who exactly is going to benefit from the MS as an arranger?

I see it as a fabulous addition to an arranger, but standalone? Not until Dom blows a year's development costs on styles and a library of integrated sounds equal to the best TOTL arrangers. THEN, it is going to ROCK!

#315259 - 02/04/11 05:34 PM Re: Modern version of Ave Maria on Lionstracs [Re: Bachus]
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Hi Diki.

Quote:
I see it as a fabulous addition to an arranger, but standalone? Not until Dom blows a year's development costs on styles and a library of integrated sounds equal to the best TOTL arrangers. THEN, it is going to ROCK!

Everything you could possibly wish for is already in development.

Regards
James

#315282 - 02/05/11 12:15 AM Re: Modern version of Ave Maria on Lionstracs [Re: Diki]
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Originally Posted By: Diki
......... Unless you are Nicolas Damgaart (MidiSpot) ...

I guess you're thinking about Nicolai Damgaard wink

#315304 - 02/05/11 08:08 AM Re: Modern version of Ave Maria on Lionstracs [Re: Irishacts]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Irishacts
Hi Diki.

Quote:

Regards
James

Everything diki wishes for?

You know that requires the name ROLAND printed on it in big capitols, right?

<smiles> just kidding, its good to hear you're so confident about the new styles, it really is.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#315318 - 02/05/11 09:54 AM Re: Modern version of Ave Maria on Lionstracs [Re: Bachus]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Having the tools to write styles is nice..BUT, how many people in the world can actually do it? I mean top notch styles like the big boys. FROM SCRATCH.
I probably have the tech. talent (or could get there in short order) to build styles from scratch, but no way do I have the Musical talent to do it! Or the time.
The cost is huge.

James, If you are saying that it is being done...I do respect your talent and honesty, but wow...are you not kidding?
Just to have a dozen in every genre would take tons of time and $$$.

Are you doing it really from scratch or using other brand styles as a base?

#315319 - 02/05/11 10:00 AM Re: Modern version of Ave Maria on Lionstracs [Re: Irishacts]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Irishacts
Hi Diki.

Quote:

Regards
James

James, I agree totally you just have to be patient...it will all come to us in the near future for sure. In technology what we have today will be a thing of the past very shortly

#315321 - 02/05/11 10:06 AM Re: Modern version of Ave Maria on Lionstracs [Re: Uncle Dave]
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Originally Posted By: Uncle Dave
I know it's a personal observation, but that Groove kb is the ugliest thing I ever saw. never heard or played one, but yikes ..... I just hate the way it looks.

I Agree. The look is also important and this thing is ugly. Just compare it with the new Kronos which not only sounds fantastic but also looks great.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online