Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#315012 - 02/02/11 10:54 AM Modern version of Ave Maria on Lionstracs
Bachus Offline

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrQvIGCDmUU

Just found this on the tube..

Enjoy...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#315023 - 02/02/11 12:21 PM Re: Modern version of Ave Maria on Lionstracs [Re: Bachus]
Tony Hughes Offline

Bachus,

What the hell was that supposed to be, another missed opportunity, the styles sounded like some 1960 Hammond Organ rhythm unit, take a look at Robert on the T4 you can actually watch him played, it’s certainly not worth £4000.00 whatever it was that was been played. The day we see someone playing a piece all the way through on a MS will be a first, it’s an enigma rolled up in an enigma. Well we will keeping on wishing MS and the Wersi Wing. Audya don’t look all that bad now!
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#315026 - 02/02/11 12:34 PM Re: Modern version of Ave Maria on Lionstracs [Re: Bachus]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I know it's a personal observation, but that Groove kb is the ugliest thing I ever saw. never heard or played one, but yikes ..... I just hate the way it looks.

#315029 - 02/02/11 12:43 PM Re: Modern version of Ave Maria on Lionstracs [Re: Uncle Dave]
Tony Hughes Offline

Dave,

You are on the money, as long as you don't look at it from the side you are OK Dave, but you are right, it's a lump of lead, in the UK we would say a bag of spanners, it's no doubt got a future but not at my house and it's not a thing that every home should have also.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#315034 - 02/02/11 01:59 PM Re: Modern version of Ave Maria on Lionstracs [Re: Uncle Dave]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By: Uncle Dave
I know it's a personal observation, but that Groove kb is the ugliest thing I ever saw. never heard or played one, but yikes ..... I just hate the way it looks.

And you live 5 minutes from a MediaStation..that you haven't seen, or tried in more than 3 years..See how often you visit "Old friends".... monalisa

#315035 - 02/02/11 02:01 PM Re: Modern version of Ave Maria on Lionstracs [Re: Bachus]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Same story with the Roland G70...You are plain out of touch..

#315043 - 02/02/11 03:14 PM Re: Modern version of Ave Maria on Lionstracs [Re: Bachus]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
No Fran, the G70 is out of touch - MY touch ... you know how I feel about those long keys ... hate 'em.
As for the mediastation ... I have never had the slightest interest in them .... no real reason, I gues the marketing approach failed to lure me in.
Now, old friends .... that HAS been an issue since my new job - I hate being out of the loops I was in, but these kids need me, and at the end of the day - I'm wiped out. I think I'm starting to feel like what it's like to work a real job .... never knew it could be this exhausting.....but rewarding. Kinda like parenthood in general, I suppose.

You can keep that 47 year old accordeeeeen in the closet too ..... smile

#315054 - 02/02/11 05:02 PM Re: Modern version of Ave Maria on Lionstracs [Re: Bachus]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
MS is not an arranger, as I think of an arranger.
YMMV.
Dom blew it big time when he dissconnectd from Nobert at Live-styler....IF he would have worked wth him to PERFECT the playing of Yamaha styles including ones with mega...he would have hit a home run.

My Gosh...the effort to write all those styles! in Qranger native mode?
Is huge, it's like Yamaha starting today, but on a limited budget to write/test/debug all the styles you find on a MOTL or TOTL Yamaha arranger.
Let alone OTS and other content.
To me it's kind of like buying a new Korg PA3X but they tell me, well no it doesn't come with any content (styles, Songbook, performances, OTS)..you have to do all that yourself! But it is a great WS with great sounds and can run just about anything (PC wise).

I won't live long enough.

Remember I never said it was not a leadng edge WS.

#315061 - 02/02/11 07:44 PM Re: Modern version of Ave Maria on Lionstracs [Re: leeboy]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
... well, the pictures were pretty ...

#315069 - 02/02/11 09:55 PM Re: Modern version of Ave Maria on Lionstracs [Re: leeboy]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: leeboy
MS is not an arranger, as I think of an arranger.
YMMV.
Dom blew it big time when he dissconnectd from Nobert at Live-styler....IF he would have worked wth him to PERFECT the playing of Yamaha styles including ones with mega...he would have hit a home run.

My Gosh...the effort to write all those styles! in Qranger native mode?
Is huge, it's like Yamaha starting today, but on a limited budget to write/test/debug all the styles you find on a MOTL or TOTL Yamaha arranger.
Let alone OTS and other content.
To me it's kind of like buying a new Korg PA3X but they tell me, well no it doesn't come with any content (styles, Songbook, performances, OTS)..you have to do all that yourself! But it is a great WS with great sounds and can run just about anything (PC wise).

I won't live long enough.

Remember I never said it was not a leadng edge WS.

You are right about one thing, mediastation is not an arranger, its a combination of workstation with an arranger component build intoo it.

I personally can understand why Dom quit with live-styler, as Norbert acted like a plain thief. Next to that Q-ranger can convert Yamaha styles out of the box, and they sound okay with some tweakeing..

The content, Styles and even more high quallity sounds is allmost ready and will be shown at Musik Messe..

Best thing about Lionstracs instruments is that they will keep improving... litle step after little step..

But then many people overhere are better of with a Tyros 4, its easier to understand, and you can play everything just the way Yamaha wants you to play it.

http://keyszone.boards.net

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online