SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#315081 - 02/03/11 06:24 AM Re: Arranger and Workstation Integration [Re: leeboy]
arranger_yes_pc_no Offline

Originally Posted By: leeboy
The Liontracs is not a arranger to me..period.
When it can compete as an arranger wth Korg/Yamaha/Ketron...then it is an arragner. We are talking fnction AND contents.
Meanwhile, I do think it is a cool WS.

I agree. An arranger just works out of the box, with all the correct styles and chord functions immediately at your disposal.
Having said that, the Liontracs could really blow every arranger out of the water if the company will do all it takes to make it happen.

The Q-ranger seems a great idea but it's still work in progress. It might turn up great or not.

#315084 - 02/03/11 08:24 AM Re: Arranger and Workstation Integration [Re: Joesax]
Joesax Offline

Loc: Southern New Jersey
Lee:

Yes, thanks. All I want to do is what you noted in the 1st paragraph. Since I want to add a workstation for additional voices, performances, Arps, sound engines,etc for composition I do not mind manually controlling everything from the workstation or Rack. As I mentioned I just want to play from the T3 keyboard. My setup would either have the Rack right in front of me on a shelf above the T3 or if a got a full workstation it would be just to the left of the T3. It is not a requirement to fully control the WS or Rack from the T3. So hopefully from what you stated it looks like I can easily do what I want with a simple MIDI Out/In relationship between the T3 and WS/Rack and some simple MIDI setup.

Rikki, I don't Sequence so I a PC sequencer wouldn't apply here. I record live to HD. But thanks for the suggestion.

Thanks,

Joe
Tyros 3, Motif XF6, Quad Amp/Pre-Amp/DAC, Quad Monitors, Tascam Digital Recorder

#315152 - 02/03/11 09:15 PM Re: Arranger and Workstation Integration [Re: Joesax]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Joe,
It will work OK.
You will have to go to the MIDI setup and be sure some (especially program change) messages are tured OFF...or thing will get crazy.
If you decide to try it...I would be glad to help anyway I can.

#315174 - 02/04/11 04:35 AM Re: Arranger and Workstation Integration [Re: Joesax]
ricok987 Offline

Loc: N Brunswick, NJ, US
I havw 2 yamaha psrs. One is used in tandem with a Korg M3 and the other with a yamaha XF. It has irs pros and cons but it does give you way more options and polyphony.

#315181 - 02/04/11 06:31 AM Re: Arranger and Workstation Integration [Re: Joesax]
Joesax Offline

Loc: Southern New Jersey
Lee, thanks. I may take you up on your offer when I get there. I may wait for the Motif XF Rack to get the improved Piano offerings in the XF.

ricok, nice setup. I'd love to have that feature set. What a variety of sounds!

Joe
Tyros 3, Motif XF6, Quad Amp/Pre-Amp/DAC, Quad Monitors, Tascam Digital Recorder

#315227 - 02/04/11 01:18 PM Re: Arranger and Workstation Integration [Re: arranger_yes_pc_no]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Originally Posted By: arranger_yes_pc_no

I agree. An arranger just works out of the box, with all the correct styles and chord functions immediately at your disposal.
Having said that, the Liontracs could really blow every arranger out of the water if the company will do all it takes to make it happen.

The Q-ranger seems a great idea but it's still work in progress. It might turn up great or not.

I believe I've been saying the bold section for four or five years now. It doesn't seem, after all this time to actually do it, that the company CAN. You're on your own, boys!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online