SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#315515 - 02/06/11 02:42 PM Re: Just Bought a Music Pad Pro [Re: Scottyee]
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Originally Posted By: Scottyee
Yes, calling up Yam Regs via midi CC would be a nice addition too, but far more important to me, Yamaha needs to link and and call up custom Regs from within MuscFinder to make me very happy. smile

Scott, I really cannot understand why Yamaha did not implement this YEARS ago. Such a simple and straight-forward piece of programming.

They must have a reason, but who would know what that is??? (probably comes from the same bunch of guys who continually make the decision to NOT release a 76 note Tyros!!)

D

#315609 - 02/07/11 11:16 AM Re: Just Bought a Music Pad Pro [Re: miden]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: miden
Originally Posted By: lahawk
That's It...I'm sold on the iPad!

You guys should get a commission from Apple, as your comments were awesome, and helped me more than you can beleive.

Dennis...I told you, you should be an iPad rep!

Anyway, I'm thinking juggle should I wait for iPad2 ...nahhh

Larry the only suggestion I would make, is that if you CAN wait until the iPad2 is out (and it SHOULD be April) is then you can not only check it out before committing, BUT if you think the iPad 2 is not worth it, there will be HEAPS of iPad 1's around at bargain basement prices. You would probably get a 64 gig iPad 1, still in as new condition for about half the cost of the new one.

Just "food for thought" smile

Dennis

Ditto to Dennis' comments. Not sure I'd be able to wait until April either??

Not only is the iPad great for music. Both my wife and I are home sick she with pneumonia and me with bronchitis. I hate resting on a couch hour after hour, but with my iPad I'm watching some training videos on photography and iMovie. To top it all I can keep in touch with co-workers who may need my support on work related issues. It sure helps making laying around recovering from illness more tolerable..... .......

Prices will drop no doubt about it so just be prepared for buyers remorse...........life's too short why postpone until tomorrow what you can do today. smile

#315641 - 02/07/11 01:24 PM Re: Just Bought a Music Pad Pro [Re: Tony Hughes]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Heads up to iPad owners:

I recently purchased & recommend this terrific anti-glare screen protector for the iPad:

Moshi iVisor AG for iPad

Screen protectors are notoriously difficult to apply on larger iPad screens without annoying bubbles appearing. The first iPad anti-glare screen protector I tried months ago was from PowerSupport, but unfortunately I wasn't able to apply it without bubbles appearing. Now finally, with the Moshi iVisor AG (thanks to Tapas for initially recommending this to me), not only are bubbles a thing of the past, but it took only a minute to easily apply. Without an anti-glare screen protector, the iPad screen is highly reflective (like a mirror), making it difficult to view when external light hits it at certain angles. Though the anti-glare screen protector reduces the image sharpness & brightness ever so slightly, the difference is hardly noticeable compared to vast anti-glare improvement it provides. The other big advantage of this anti-glare screen protector is that there are no longer annoying finger prints appearing on the screen to constantly have to wipe away. That was definitely an inconvenience with the naked screen.

I'm ready for my outdoor gigs in full sun light now. Today's weather forecast in the San Francisco Bay Area is 68 degrees and sunny afterall. smile

#316170 - 02/11/11 06:08 AM Re: Just Bought a Music Pad Pro [Re: Tony Hughes]
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
Well, I put the MPP back to work this week … it seemed like so much more work than using the 8” monitor and I went back to the monitor last night … Pick the tune, and the lyrics appear, smaller footprint etc. I only really need dots for about 4-5 tunes and would feel comfortable with music for maybe 15 – 20 tunes. Does anyone know of an inexpensive, touch screen reader that could display PDF or Word files on about a 7” screen? Then I could choose the reader ‘as needed’. Thanks.
Ciao,
Jerry

#316171 - 02/11/11 06:36 AM Re: Just Bought a Music Pad Pro [Re: Tony Hughes]
PraiseTheLord Offline

Loc: N Fort Myers, FL, USA
Hi Scott, thanks for the helpful way you gave this info, do you use the apple ipad case, I was wondering if it would still fit?

#316175 - 02/11/11 07:01 AM Re: Just Bought a Music Pad Pro [Re: PraiseTheLord]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Originally Posted By: PraiseTheLord
do you use the apple ipad case, I was wondering if it would still fit?
Hi Graham, yes, the Apple case will work fine with it. The Moshi screen protector is paper thin so should have no bearing on which case can be used. smile

I like and use this Hard Candy Street Case

#316183 - 02/11/11 10:00 AM Re: Just Bought a Music Pad Pro [Re: Tony Hughes]
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Just for the sake of an alternative, I use the Apple one...

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC361ZM/B?fnode=MTc0MjU2Mjc&mco=MTcyMTgxNTk

And I find this device VERY handy. Especially when surfing/emailing on the run.

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC533LL/B?fnode=MTc0MjU4NjE&mco=MTcyMTgxNzE

#317813 - 02/28/11 12:26 AM Re: Just Bought a Music Pad Pro [Re: lahawk]
Tony Hughes Offline

Hi All,

Which Ipad model are you using to read music and what advanatages will the new ipad have for handling music, what are you using to turn pages. There are mixed messages about the MPP I am getting and mines is going back for lock up faults and power battery performance, I don't think you can use the MPP without mains, the battery life is much too short.

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#317818 - 02/28/11 02:53 AM Re: Just Bought a Music Pad Pro [Re: Tony Hughes]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I get about an hour on mine. Always plug it in, but it has worked flawlessly for 5 years or so.

#317824 - 02/28/11 05:11 AM Re: Just Bought a Music Pad Pro [Re: Tony Hughes]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes
Hi All,

Which Ipad model are you using to read music and what advanatages will the new ipad have for handling music, what are you using to turn pages. There are mixed messages about the MPP I am getting and mines is going back for lock up faults and power battery performance, I don't think you can use the MPP without mains, the battery life is much too short.

Tony

I use a 32 gig model wi fi only. I purchased the Air turn for turning pages, works well, but not every pedal works with it, so I purchased the pedal as well as the blue tooth unit.

On the subject of the MPP I have had mine since November 2005 I've never used it just powered via the battery, but effective last August 2010 it will not run at all on battery, it needs power from the adapter. At this time I don't feel it's worth my while to send it in for battery replacment. But the unit still works fine via the power cord. It's been one very versatile unit, I have no complaints and it has paid for itself a few times over.

Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online