SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Topic Options
#318579 - 03/07/11 12:07 PM Re: Just Bought a Music Pad Pro [Re: Tony Hughes]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
To be honest, Dennis, I am only interested in basic lead charts anyway, rather than fully written charts. Wouldn't use those even IF I had them!

I would have thought that, as long as there is a one stave overlap, that landscape mode's no different than paging back for a two page chart... footswitch it down and up, touch the hotspots for a page turn or multi-page repeat... I don't think I would even LIKE a page that gradually scrolled down. Part of reading is jumping from one stave to the next, and for that to be accurate, they have to stay still!

Maybe the developer might implement something like the bottom stave of the first landscape page being highlighted gently, so that when it appears on the top of the scrolled down landscape mode, the eye is confident that it's still the same stave?

#318597 - 03/07/11 01:06 PM Re: Just Bought a Music Pad Pro [Re: Diki]
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Originally Posted By: Diki
To be honest, Dennis, I am only interested in basic lead charts anyway, rather than fully written charts. Wouldn't use those even IF I had them!

I would have thought that, as long as there is a one stave overlap, that landscape mode's no different than paging back for a two page chart... footswitch it down and up, touch the hotspots for a page turn or multi-page repeat... I don't think I would even LIKE a page that gradually scrolled down. Part of reading is jumping from one stave to the next, and for that to be accurate, they have to stay still!

Maybe the developer might implement something like the bottom stave of the first landscape page being highlighted gently, so that when it appears on the top of the scrolled down landscape mode, the eye is confident that it's still the same stave?

Yep, lead charts are all I use as well...Some are even just scans of my old hint cards (about the size of a postcard, with a few hint chords and lyrics).

I was only suggesting it to those who choose to use full dot sheets smile

I got it because it meant I could load up all my old Chopro charts (about 2000)...

LOL although to date I have not used it full on.. Only dabbled.

UnRealbook is the tool of choice !!

Dennis

Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online