SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#315418 - 02/05/11 09:28 PM Re: Just Bought a Music Pad Pro [Re: Tony Hughes]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Keeps getting better!

Mind you, black, red and blue might interfere with the chart a bit. Highlighting markers are usually all pale - pink, yellow, orange and blue. All neon, kinda...

Maybe he can add those colors (or allow user definable colors)?

#315419 - 02/05/11 09:30 PM Re: Just Bought a Music Pad Pro [Re: Tony Hughes]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
iPad app Goodreader includes the color highlight pens, but one thing it has that I especially like and of which to my knowledge isn't supported yet in any dedicated music display app is the ability to either universally (all pages), or selectively crop "all" left or "all" right pages of a large music book, such as a large 1000+ page PDF fakebook. Not sure if if UnRealBook or any other dedicated music display app has finally incorporated this very useful feature yet or not. Anybody know? Though I own UnRealBook, Until it includes the above GoodReader features, GoodReader remains my prefered music display app. smile

#315425 - 02/05/11 09:50 PM Re: Just Bought a Music Pad Pro [Re: Diki]
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Originally Posted By: Diki
Keeps getting better!

Mind you, black, red and blue might interfere with the chart a bit. Highlighting markers are usually all pale - pink, yellow, orange and blue. All neon, kinda...

Maybe he can add those colors (or allow user definable colors)?

Sorry I wasn't specific enough.
The line colours are hard red black blue, the highlighter pens are just as you said. A pale "wash" colour, much like the highlighter pen you would use on paper. They just happen to be the same hues

#315457 - 02/06/11 03:57 AM Re: Just Bought a Music Pad Pro [Re: Scottyee]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Scottyee
iPad app Goodreader includes the color highlight pens, but one thing it has that I especially like and of which to my knowledge isn't supported yet in any dedicated music display app is the ability to either universally (all pages), or selectively crop "all" left or "all" right pages of a large music book, such as a large 1000+ page PDF fakebook. Not sure if if UnRealBook or any other dedicated music display app has finally incorporated this very useful feature yet or not. Anybody know? Though I own UnRealBook, Until it includes the above GoodReader features, GoodReader remains my prefered music display app. smile

Scott, how do you manage playlists/setlists with Good Reader? I use good reader all the time, not for music but for owner's manuals and other pdf files I need to store.

#315464 - 02/06/11 07:12 AM Re: Just Bought a Music Pad Pro [Re: Stephenm52]
Scottyee Offline

Originally Posted By: Stephenm52

Scott, how do you manage playlists/setlists with Good Reader? I use good reader all the time, not for music but for owner's manuals and other pdf files I need to store.

Hi Steve, Most of the time, I only call up music on the iPad while at home in the studio exploring new song possibilities or rehearsing/memorizing a specific song. Its during this time when viewing a 1000 page Pdf music fakebook (with white margins completely cropped out) to maximize page view size a must. On stage, I've got the lyrics and chords to hundreds of my repertoire songs stored as .txt files in my Tyros 4 keyboard, and these automatically appear on the Tyros 4's large LCD screen whenever I select a song via saved Registration bank files (8 songs per bank). The only time I rely on viewing music on the iPad or MPP on stage is for audience requests of songs I'm only vaguely familiar with, haven't played in years, or never played before. Its these situations where viewing the music large as possible most critical.

Interestingly enough, I rarely ever use strict predermined playlists on the gig, finding them confining and rigid. I prefer the spontaneous flexibility of being able to pick and choose tunes on the fly via reg banks stored and grouped in tempo, groove, genre, era, and/or artist categories instead. In addition, with the lyrics and chords discreetly displayed on the keyboard screen itself, it doesn't create an audience distraction as music books or even an external display device might, and allows me to better focus on devoting full attention and eye contact with the audience. cool

#315470 - 02/06/11 08:46 AM Re: Just Bought a Music Pad Pro [Re: Tony Hughes]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
That's It...I'm sold on the iPad!

You guys should get a commission from Apple, as your comments were awesome, and helped me more than you can beleive.

Dennis...I told you, you should be an iPad rep!

Anyway, I'm thinking juggle should I wait for iPad2 ...nahhh

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#315486 - 02/06/11 12:03 PM Re: Just Bought a Music Pad Pro [Re: lahawk]
miden Offline

Originally Posted By: lahawk
That's It...I'm sold on the iPad!

You guys should get a commission from Apple, as your comments were awesome, and helped me more than you can beleive.

Dennis...I told you, you should be an iPad rep!

Anyway, I'm thinking juggle should I wait for iPad2 ...nahhh

Larry the only suggestion I would make, is that if you CAN wait until the iPad2 is out (and it SHOULD be April) is then you can not only check it out before committing, BUT if you think the iPad 2 is not worth it, there will be HEAPS of iPad 1's around at bargain basement prices. You would probably get a 64 gig iPad 1, still in as new condition for about half the cost of the new one.

Just "food for thought" smile

Dennis

#315487 - 02/06/11 12:05 PM Re: Just Bought a Music Pad Pro [Re: Tony Hughes]
miden Offline

To add...about the only real changes from iPad 1 are the addition of a rear camera and an SD card slot. That's about it.

#315505 - 02/06/11 01:58 PM Re: Just Bought a Music Pad Pro [Re: Scottyee]
miden Offline

Originally Posted By: Scottyee

wink yes but Scotty , I reckon you WOULD use Unrealbook if you could select Registrations via MIDI hey?? Maybe a Korg PA3 might be on the shopping list after all perhaps? smile

D

#315512 - 02/06/11 02:28 PM Re: Just Bought a Music Pad Pro [Re: Tony Hughes]
Scottyee Offline

Hi Dennis. smile The Korg Pa3x is definitely not out of the question for me, especially with its powerful somgbook, chord sequencer, and tc helicon vh features. That said, if I decide to buy one, I'm definitely not selling my Tyros 4 either because I really love this board. cool Man, it sure would be great if UnrealBook could implement the kind of cropping features GoodReader currently supports. If UnrealBook finally supports this, I'll then dedicate UnRealbook for all my iPad music display needs. Aaron Nelson, you listening? wink Yes, calling up Yam Regs via midi CC would be a nice addition too, but far more important to me, Yamaha needs to link and and call up custom Regs from within MuscFinder to make me very happy. smile

Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online