SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#314699 - 01/31/11 11:41 AM NEW PROBLEM WITH AUDYA
Rusty 999 Offline

Loc: Ireland
Hi Guys,

heres a new one--or maybe not-- perhaps someone has had this problem before and can help me out here

Just when i was getting to like the new Audya 4 I have encountered another SCARY problem

The unit was working away perfectly this morning and I then connected it to my computer Via usb to move around a few files etc.

I thought i could get a faint smell similar to that of something overheating so I turned off the Audya after firstly disconnecting it from the computer and left it rest a few mins before switching back on again

This time all I got from the screen was a Flickering and the DISK and exit kept flashing until eventually it booted up after about 50 seconds

And , thats how its been ever since. I switch it on and all I get is a black screen for about 50 secs until eventually it opens the normal screen and works away perfectly

And i am still getting a smell !!!

Has anyone else got this problem ??

#314738 - 01/31/11 02:55 PM Re: NEW PROBLEM WITH AUDYA [Re: Rusty 999]
Rusty 999 Offline

And just a quick Up date--The fuse has now blown so hopefully I get a replacement tomorrow

whats this all about I wonder

Any chance AJ might read this and advise me??

Fingers crosed

#314800 - 02/01/11 03:45 AM Re: NEW PROBLEM WITH AUDYA [Re: Rusty 999]
Tony Hughes Offline

Rusty,

This sound serious there is no real reason why the fuse should blow, I would think that the USB is optically isloated and within reason whatever PC you plug it into there should not be a problem. I think you are in for the same again when you replace the fuse, do not put a bigger fuse in the KB, better still striaght back to where you bought it from, not Germany it hope.

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#314882 - 02/01/11 12:42 PM Re: NEW PROBLEM WITH AUDYA [Re: Rusty 999]
Rusty 999 Offline

replaced the fuse and it blew immediately

And yes Tony--its germany !!!!!!

A very large company in Koeln to be exact

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online