SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#314625 - 01/30/11 05:40 PM OT -- Heart disease question (poll)
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Okay, all you wounded soldiers with heart disease... doing a bit of unofficial research here regarding chronic inflammation (not the lipid theory) being the cause of heart disease. What causes chronic inflammation? I wrote a long post but I'll spare you that. For now, I'm curious about something I came across recently... the bugs in our gut getting out of whack as we age, and that being the cause of chronic inflammation. And, there are fungal problems which can stem from within the gut... is there a tie to heart disease?

If you have heart disease... have you had trouble with fungal infections? (Ugly toenail/fingernails caused by fungal infection, jock itch, yeast infections, anal itch, etc.) I have had fungal problems and I know my dad did, too and he died of heart disease. His brothers died of it, too and I think they had toenail fungus, as well.

So, the poll is for those with heart disease.
OT -- Heart disease question
Only one choice allowed

Votes accepted starting: 01/30/11 05:32 PM
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.

#314677 - 01/31/11 03:40 AM Re: OT -- Heart disease question (poll) [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
Caragabal Offline

Loc: Hobart Tasmania Australia
Bill about five months ago I went to the doctor
with what I thought was the flue.

I ended up in hospital to have a pacemaker.

My heart rate was 32 beats per minute.

It turns up that what I though was a dream of having dificulty breathing was caused by my heart stopping.

If I hadn't a healthy heart it would not have restarted and I would have been pushing up daisies.

I can remember having a virus Christmas 2010 which lasted for some time and I have almost got my doctor to agree that my problem could have been caused by a virus.

It is known that Ross river Fever caused problems with the heart.

With this experience and that of others that I know I think you could be on the right track.

Cousin Ken

Edited by Caragabal (01/31/11 03:43 AM)

#314679 - 01/31/11 06:57 AM Re: OT -- Heart disease question (poll) [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Uh-oh, I designed a flawed poll and now, I can't edit it. I should have clarified that I mean Coronary Artery Disease (atherosclerosis), not any type of heart disease. There are heart diseases that have nothing to do with plaque buildup.

#314685 - 01/31/11 08:31 AM Re: OT -- Heart disease question (poll) [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I wouldn't worry to much about it, Bill. Most people associate all heart disease with coronary artery disease because it's the most prevalent these days. Granted, some folks still suffer from valvular disease, ventricular herniations, etc..., but the incidence of these has become much rarer since the development of drugs to combat rheumatic fever and other inflammatory diseases that directly affect the heart.

Good Luck,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#314886 - 02/01/11 01:17 PM Re: OT -- Heart disease question (poll) [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
So, what is a safe, no side effect treatment for fungal toenails?
Is there a magic soak solution?

I've had it since I was 10.
I wish it wold go away...and so does my wife!

#314892 - 02/01/11 01:55 PM Re: OT -- Heart disease question (poll) [Re: leeboy]
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Originally Posted By: leeboy
So, what is a safe, no side effect treatment for fungal toenails?
Is there a magic soak solution?

I've had it since I was 10.
I wish it wold go away...and so does my wife!

I don't know if you can kill toenail fungus externally. I always had to get an oral drug prescription, but it did work. Ugly, ugly toenails become perfect!

#314909 - 02/01/11 03:52 PM Re: OT -- Heart disease question (poll) [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
How long did you take the drug?
Side effects?
Mine are pretty bad.

#314913 - 02/01/11 04:14 PM Re: OT -- Heart disease question (poll) [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
A buddy of mine uses Listerine for treating foot fungus...he says it works very well, but takes a long time....but, so does the prescription medication.

Google it!

Ian

#314931 - 02/01/11 06:19 PM Re: OT -- Heart disease question (poll) [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
Bob Hendershot Offline

Loc: Johnson City, TN USA
One of my sons had toe nail fungus problems. The doctor told him to use Vicks Vaporub. It work great for him. Got totally rid of it in about three months.

#314940 - 02/01/11 08:21 PM Re: OT -- Heart disease question (poll) [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
vagro Offline

Loc: Argentina
You already know what you have to do to prevent coronary heart disease: don't smoke, lose weight, exercise 40 minutes 3 to 4 times a week, eat healthy food, have regular blood tests, measure your blood pressure, don't stress and have a pleasant life. Not easy I know but that is completely proved to prevent vascular disease.

Bill I don't want to spoil your poll but you won't get much information out of this simple question and the result will be absolutely misleading and confusing. You won't know the patient's age, other cardiovascular risk factors like diabetes that is also a disease that may favor the occurrence of fungal infections.

There's been much said about "new" risk factors for cardiovascular disease (some very curious like low social status, poverty, depression, histerectomy etc) but most of these still need further studies and do not have neither strong or moderate recomendations.

In relation to the nail fungal infections you mention they are very hard to eradicate, taking several months of treatment so I always refer those patients to the dermatologist. I would suggest you don't try any antifungal drugs without medical consultation since they may cause hepatic toxicity.

Korg Pa3x 61 - Mediastation X76 - Yamaha Psr s900 - Korg Tr61 - Roland PK5A - NanoKontrol - Ensoniq SQ1 - Yamaha D85 organ

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online