SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#3144 - 05/24/03 08:37 AM Electronic music from bands that went on to be popular
800dv Offline

Loc: atlanta, georgia, usa
I'm sure that most of you here know of the Human League . Their first big hit in 1981 " Don't You Want Me " being one of the most memerable . I like to look for recordings by these bands before they were pushed into Pop Culture . These early albums usually are far more creative and have more energy . The Human League's first album was called Reproduction - 1979 , the second was called Travelogue - 1980 . I like these albums far more than Dare - 1981 .

Here in Atlanta we have a cool independant record store called Wuxtry . They were able to get for me an album done by the Human League before they were the Human League . They released an album under the name The Future . The album is called - The Golden Hour Of the Future , Recordings by The Future and The Human League . It's a raw fresh synthetic album , not over produced pop crap . The members are
Martyn Ware - Synthesizers
Ian Craig Marsh - Synthesizers
Phillip Oakey - Vocals
Released in 1977
This line up would continue through Travelogue and then Martyn and Ian went on to Heaven 17 . Phillip Oakey is the only original one left .

I guess the point is , what albums have you all discovered by bands before they went on to pop crap ?

#3145 - 05/24/03 11:14 AM Re: Electronic music from bands that went on to be popular
Pilot Offline

Loc: Ontario,Canada
Jean-Michel Jarre. Not a band and not really pop but excellent synth music dating back to the same era.

Bryan

#3146 - 05/24/03 11:16 PM Re: Electronic music from bands that went on to be popular
800dv Offline

Loc: atlanta, georgia, usa
Yep , I agree . I like Oxygen . I love the swirling sound of the string machines he used .

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online