SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#314358 - 01/28/11 11:49 PM Poll:Member Age, Location, Arr Brand, Music Played
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Ok Gang, here's my revised and corrected edition of the earlier Poll I posted just a few hours earlier, in which I had by mistake, left out a couple of critical poll 'selection' choices. If you haven't participated in this group of polls before, please do so now, and if you've already voted, please vote again now, as every member's active participation in the following Six Polls will help us further understand the needs and interest of our membership at large. Thanks in advance for your participation. smile

Votes accepted starting: 01/28/11 11:29 PM
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.
Sex
Only one choice allowed

Votes accepted starting: 01/28/11 11:29 PM
Region - Location
Only one choice allowed

Votes accepted starting: 01/28/11 11:33 PM
Arranger Keyboard Brand(s) Currently Owned
Multiple choices allowed

Votes accepted starting: 01/28/11 11:36 PM
Current Favorite Brand Arranger
Only one choice allowed

Votes accepted starting: 01/28/11 11:38 PM
Music Genre(s) Played On Arranger
Multiple choices allowed

Votes accepted starting: 01/28/11 11:47 PM

#314362 - 01/29/11 01:59 AM Re: Poll:Member Age, Location, Arr Brand, Music Played [Re: Scottyee]
PraiseTheLord Offline

Loc: N Fort Myers, FL, USA
Gospel music seems to be a genre that a good number of members play.

#314369 - 01/29/11 04:02 AM Re: Poll:Member Age, Location, Arr Brand, Music Played [Re: PraiseTheLord]
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
What a great idea -- We get to know so much more about the people that are here.

Good thinking, John C.

#314388 - 01/29/11 07:19 AM Re: Poll:Member Age, Location, Arr Brand, Music Played [Re: PraiseTheLord]
Scottyee Offline

Originally Posted By: PraiseTheLord
Gospel music seems to be a genre that a good number of members play.

Poll: "Sacred/Gospel" Genre Arranger Player? smile

#314477 - 01/29/11 03:24 PM Re: Poll:Member Age, Location, Arr Brand, Music Played [Re: Scottyee]
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
Scott, I find your demographics rather odd. The results would tell me nothing, especially because of the "other" countries. Why name a few but categorize the rest as "others"?

And since no one seems to have noticed, the United States, Canada and Mexico are the only countries that constitute North America. Where does North America (other) fit in?

The Middle East is part of Asia. But then why omit Central Asia, South-East Asia and the Far East? After all, these are the main regions of Asia.

Brazil is part of South America. What does warrant it being called separately from the rest of SA. Is it because it's the only Portuguese speaking country in SA?

Australia and New Zealand are part of Oceania.

Germany, Italy and the Netherlands are only a couple of member states that constitute the EU. Why name only these three?

Russia and the United Kingdom are both part of Europe as are the EU members. Again, why the need for separate categories?

Africa is ...well, just Africa. Yet, it being '"just" Africa will give me a far better picture than the rest of demographic poll. At least I won't have to figure out what the "other" are.

Sorry, Bruno, but I doubt it'll give you a better idea of who I am, other that I am from somewhere "other".

I refrain from voting as it makes me feel stateless or like a refugee. Were it MY poll, I would at least take the time to name ALL nations of the world.

Taike

#314496 - 01/29/11 06:29 PM Re: Poll:Member Age, Location, Arr Brand, Music Played [Re: Taike]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By: Taike
Scott, I find your demographics rather odd. The results would tell me nothing, especially because of the "other" countries. Why name a few but categorize the rest as "others"? ..........................

Taike

Stop please!!!!! You really are being a bit oversensitive. It simply mentions the major countries that the music equipment manufacturers market in. And then Scott offered some "others" choices to cover other countries that weren't referred to specifically. By no means would I even want someone making a poll that included every darned country in the world individually. Keep it real please.

If you feel you need to refrain from voting then that absolutely is your choice and I respect that.

#314548 - 01/30/11 08:09 AM Re: Poll:Member Age, Location, Arr Brand, Music Played [Re: Nigel]
Dnj Offline

Exactly Nigel, it's only a simple poll, & it's fun to see the results & comparisons..

#314584 - 01/30/11 11:26 AM Re: Poll:Member Age, Location, Arr Brand, Music Played [Re: Dnj]
Scottyee Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj
it's only a simple poll, & it's fun to see the results & comparisons
Donny, ditto ! smile
And now just to annoy Chas. . . "That Said" bounce
Though over 240 people have now viewed this thread, so far, only 40+ people have actually voted. Because poll results merely reflect the results of those who voted, the more members willing to participate, the more accurate the results will be of our SZ membership at large. I'm hoping more members will take a couple of minutes to vote because I too think the results will be not only 'fun to see the results and comparisons', but interestingly informative as well. smile

#314599 - 01/30/11 01:13 PM Re: Poll:Member Age, Location, Arr Brand, Music Played [Re: Scottyee]
Scottyee Offline

Originally Posted By: Scottyee

Though over 240 people have now viewed this thread, so far, only 40+ people have actually voted.

Question: Nigel, does the thread "views" number reflect everyone (including non-member forum lurkers) that viewed the thread, or only members that are actually logged in?
Perhaps this may account for the huge 'views' vs 'number of voters' differential. confused1

#314627 - 01/30/11 05:51 PM Re: Poll:Member Age, Location, Arr Brand, Music Played [Re: Scottyee]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
I am very sure Views is everyone publicly that sees the page so includes non-members. That would definately be the difference.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online