SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#314170 - 01/27/11 09:18 PM Re: Demo of Tyros 4 Vocal Harmonizer (VH2) [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: Dnj
Originally Posted By: cgiles
Originally Posted By: Dnj
Chas I would love you do a demo of the Roland VP770 for us.

Why do I think there is an ulterior motive here? There are tons of great demos of the VP-770 on the 'net. Anyway, as usual, be careful what you wish for smile smile. I threw this together while trying to figure out a good way to utilize the 'scat' voices on the 770 (almost the same as the ones on my Fantom G7). I don't know the lyrics so I just repeat the one line that I remember smile. Here, I try to use the scat voices in conjunction with the harmonizer (in parts). As usual, it's done with my usual configuration of the PA1x (drums and sax), Fantom G7 (bass and rhythm guitar, and of course Nord C1 (organ). VH and Scat are the VP-770. Sounds kind of amateurish and the chords may not be correct (my memory is shot) but you asked for it. In case you don't recognize it, it's an old Grover Washington/Bill Withers tune called 'Just the two of us'. I thought it was symbolic of our wonderful relationship smile smile.

http://www.box.net/shared/6fg2fruq96

chas

Chas honestly?.....I really loved your version of one of one of my favorite songs, nice groove ...very well done loved when the organ came in.......the voices really sound cool & authentic scattin' in & out also... my only critisizm is the Balance on the mix & a bit too much reverb here & there otherwise loved it baby!! Thanx for sharing your work.

QUICK, everybody, group hug !!! ... cue music ... KUMBAYAH... laugh laugh laugh ...

#314172 - 01/27/11 09:42 PM Re: Demo of Tyros 4 Vocal Harmonizer (VH2) [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

Quote:
QUICK, everybody, group hug !!! ... cue music ... KUMBAYAH... laugh laugh laugh ...

#314174 - 01/27/11 09:52 PM Re: Demo of Tyros 4 Vocal Harmonizer (VH2) [Re: tony mads usa]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By: tony mads usa

Well let's not get carried away, Tony. After all, Donny's still Donny and chas is still chas smile smile smile.

Donny, thanks. You're right about the 'verb. I put too much on everything; it's my way of hiding 'clunkers'. It's easier than going back and fixing them. Not really a good example of the 770 in VH mode as I use it mostly to hide/disguise my horrible voice. It IS a good harmonizer though but I'm not sure it will ever be very popular (except maybe in the studio) because nobody wants to carry around an extra keyboard. There is a module version (sort of) that could probably do the same job at less than half the price. I think it's called the VP-7 but I'm not sure and too lazy to look it up.

Okay, now can I go back to being bitchy (Nigel has already ruled me out as a marriage prospect because of it smile smile smile ). Actually, I hope that's not the only reason smile.

chas

#314188 - 01/28/11 07:03 AM Re: Demo of Tyros 4 Vocal Harmonizer (VH2) [Re: cgiles]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
chas ... is that your high school yearbook pic??? laugh

#314194 - 01/28/11 07:36 AM Re: Demo of Tyros 4 Vocal Harmonizer (VH2) [Re: tony mads usa]
cgiles Offline

Yeah, you should see me when I'm in a bad mood.

smile

chas

#314198 - 01/28/11 07:55 AM Re: Demo of Tyros 4 Vocal Harmonizer (VH2) [Re: cgiles]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada

Yeah, you should see me when I'm in a bad mood.

smile

chas

Wow! Cahs, you must be related to my ex mother-in-law...the resemblance is uncanny.

Ian

#314200 - 01/28/11 08:17 AM Re: Demo of Tyros 4 Vocal Harmonizer (VH2) [Re: ianmcnll]
cgiles Offline

Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
Wow! Cahs, you must be related to my ex mother-in-law...the resemblance is uncanny.

Ian

Oh yeah, you should hear what she has to say about YOU.

smile

chas

#314202 - 01/28/11 08:27 AM Re: Demo of Tyros 4 Vocal Harmonizer (VH2) [Re: cgiles]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: ianmcnll

Ian

Oh yeah, you should hear what she has to say about YOU.

I always knew when the mother-in-law arrived...the furnace would kick in, and the mice started throwing themselves in the traps.

Ian

#314208 - 01/28/11 08:50 AM Re: Demo of Tyros 4 Vocal Harmonizer (VH2) [Re: ianmcnll]
cgiles Offline

Fred and Rick were in a pub. Fred says to his mate, 'My mother-in-law is an angel.'
Rick replies, 'You're lucky. Mine is still alive.'

chas

#314230 - 01/28/11 09:50 AM Re: Demo of Tyros 4 Vocal Harmonizer (VH2) [Re: cgiles]
124 Offline

Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online