SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#314118 - 01/27/11 12:06 PM Re: Demo of Tyros 4 Vocal Harmonizer (VH2) [Re: Scottyee]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
It worked this time.

Good Luck,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#314120 - 01/27/11 12:19 PM Re: Demo of Tyros 4 Vocal Harmonizer (VH2) [Re: Scottyee]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Wow, it's the "Four Freshmen" ! What an "awesome" sound ! cool
Dave, you certainly know how to make that Digitech VR sing. smile

#314126 - 01/27/11 01:20 PM Re: Demo of Tyros 4 Vocal Harmonizer (VH2) [Re: Scottyee]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Scott,

Having seen Dave perform in person on a few occasions I can add that it also helps to have a great voice and know how to utilize vocal control. Dave is one of my heroes in the OMB industry.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#314144 - 01/27/11 04:55 PM Re: Demo of Tyros 4 Vocal Harmonizer (VH2) [Re: Scottyee]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
It seems that I was able to upload an old version of "A Nightingale Sang" that I made using a Digitech VR...but I can't find the post! hahaha ...
I wanted to thank everyone who replied with nice comments. My approach to harmony has always been more on the lines of the 4 part vocal groups, and not just back-up singers. I phrase differently and I treat the harmonies as if they were all co-lead voices. I am always tweaking the level in real time too - it let's me make my singers "think" and adjust as we sing together live.
Hope you all liked it!

#314147 - 01/27/11 05:24 PM Re: Demo of Tyros 4 Vocal Harmonizer (VH2) [Re: cgiles]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Way to go, Chas. One of the "fun" tunes to mess around with.

R.

#314148 - 01/27/11 05:26 PM Re: Demo of Tyros 4 Vocal Harmonizer (VH2) [Re: Uncle Dave]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Downloaded fine, Dave. I played it for your "Kentucky filly" and, man did she squeal (LOL).

Seriously, nice job!

Russ

#314152 - 01/27/11 06:16 PM Re: Demo of Tyros 4 Vocal Harmonizer (VH2) [Re: Scottyee]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
UD, chas ... thnx to both of for 2 more tunes on my iPOD ...
UD ... I think this is the version you had on your web site, no? ... loved it when you first posted it - years ago - and I love it now ...
chas ... you "throw together" nice ...

#314164 - 01/27/11 08:26 PM Re: Demo of Tyros 4 Vocal Harmonizer (VH2) [Re: Scottyee]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Hi Tony,
Yes, it's the same song from way back when ... I really do want to start recording again - I just need to restructure some of my time after school. It's been so different trying to live this daytime life ... not sure if I'm even doing it right !
lol

#314165 - 01/27/11 08:29 PM Re: Demo of Tyros 4 Vocal Harmonizer (VH2) [Re: Uncle Dave]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
UD ... I - and I'm sure others - hope to hear more from you soon ...

... and who knows if ANY of us are 'doing it right' ... smile

#314166 - 01/27/11 09:05 PM Re: Demo of Tyros 4 Vocal Harmonizer (VH2) [Re: cgiles]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: cgiles
Originally Posted By: Dnj
Chas I would love you do a demo of the Roland VP770 for us.

Why do I think there is an ulterior motive here? There are tons of great demos of the VP-770 on the 'net. Anyway, as usual, be careful what you wish for smile smile. I threw this together while trying to figure out a good way to utilize the 'scat' voices on the 770 (almost the same as the ones on my Fantom G7). I don't know the lyrics so I just repeat the one line that I remember smile. Here, I try to use the scat voices in conjunction with the harmonizer (in parts). As usual, it's done with my usual configuration of the PA1x (drums and sax), Fantom G7 (bass and rhythm guitar, and of course Nord C1 (organ). VH and Scat are the VP-770. Sounds kind of amateurish and the chords may not be correct (my memory is shot) but you asked for it. In case you don't recognize it, it's an old Grover Washington/Bill Withers tune called 'Just the two of us'. I thought it was symbolic of our wonderful relationship smile smile.

http://www.box.net/shared/6fg2fruq96

chas

Chas honestly?.....I really loved your version of one of one of my favorite songs, nice groove ...very well done loved when the organ came in.......the voices really sound cool & authentic scattin' in & out also... my only critisizm is the Balance on the mix & a bit too much reverb here & there otherwise loved it baby!! Thanx for sharing your work.

Edited by Dnj (01/27/11 09:08 PM)

Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online