SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#314061 - 01/26/11 11:28 PM Re: Demo of Tyros 4 Vocal Harmonizer (VH2) [Re: Uncle Dave]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Originally Posted By: Uncle Dave
Tell me how to upload an audio file and I'll post an early version of "A Nightingale Sang" that was done on a VR.
UD
How to Upload an Audio File to SZ! cool

#314062 - 01/26/11 11:36 PM Re: Demo of Tyros 4 Vocal Harmonizer (VH2) [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Hope this worked .... I recorded this live on a 9000pro - no arranger - left hand bass, right hand piano, and I triggered a Digitech VR from the RH chords. Hope it uploaded!

Attachments
01 A Nightengale Sang.m4a.zip (67 downloads)

#314073 - 01/27/11 03:24 AM Re: Demo of Tyros 4 Vocal Harmonizer (VH2) [Re: Uncle Dave]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
And I finally found the setting for file types so now you can even upload an MP3 now without having to zip it first. Hey gimme a break this forum software is new to me too lol wink

#314075 - 01/27/11 03:30 AM Re: Demo of Tyros 4 Vocal Harmonizer (VH2) [Re: Uncle Dave]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By: Uncle Dave
Hope this worked .... I recorded this live on a 9000pro - no arranger - left hand bass, right hand piano, and I triggered a Digitech VR from the RH chords. Hope it uploaded!

I wasn't able to open that zip Dave. It reported it was corrupted. Maybe try it again. I will add .m4a to the allowed files types so you can try to upload it directly again without zipping it first.

#314090 - 01/27/11 08:39 AM Re: Demo of Tyros 4 Vocal Harmonizer (VH2) [Re: Dnj]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By: Dnj
Chas I would love you do a demo of the Roland VP770 for us.

Why do I think there is an ulterior motive here? There are tons of great demos of the VP-770 on the 'net. Anyway, as usual, be careful what you wish for smile smile. I threw this together while trying to figure out a good way to utilize the 'scat' voices on the 770 (almost the same as the ones on my Fantom G7). I don't know the lyrics so I just repeat the one line that I remember smile. Here, I try to use the scat voices in conjunction with the harmonizer (in parts). As usual, it's done with my usual configuration of the PA1x (drums and sax), Fantom G7 (bass and rhythm guitar, and of course Nord C1 (organ). VH and Scat are the VP-770. Sounds kind of amateurish and the chords may not be correct (my memory is shot) but you asked for it. In case you don't recognize it, it's an old Grover Washington/Bill Withers tune called 'Just the two of us'. I thought it was symbolic of our wonderful relationship smile smile.

http://www.box.net/shared/6fg2fruq96

chas

#314105 - 01/27/11 11:17 AM Re: Demo of Tyros 4 Vocal Harmonizer (VH2) [Re: Nigel]
Uncle Dave Offline

OK, lets try this again! smile

Attachments
01 A Nightengale Sang.m4a (95 downloads)

#314110 - 01/27/11 11:30 AM Re: Demo of Tyros 4 Vocal Harmonizer (VH2) [Re: Scottyee]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Dave,

Email the song to me at travlin_easy@verizon.net and I'll be glad to post it for you.

As for the overdone country vocal harmonies, I sincerely believe some of that is because without all the effects, reverb, echo, delay and harmony, most of today's country singers would sound like $hit! I've heard a few of them on GMA when the mic effects were not turned on and they were really BAD--especially some of the gals. If they didn't show all that good looking flesh I don't think they could make a dime in the music biz--country or otherwise.

Just my 2-cents worth,

Gary cool

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#314113 - 01/27/11 11:38 AM Re: Demo of Tyros 4 Vocal Harmonizer (VH2) [Re: Scottyee]
Uncle Dave Offline

Gary,
I sent the file to your email. Looks like 2 downloads have happened already - did they play? There didn't seem to be any weirdness when I uploaded them.
Remember - this track is something like 10 years old - my New TC processor is even better than that one was, but the VR had a smooth quality that I loved. I still have one in case I have to use a standalone ....
My backup rig would make most of you cringe:
Korg i5S with the Digitech VR pumped into the aux in. Midi and audio files would come from my laptop in this scenario, but there's always that handy FLOPPY DISK DRIVE too! lol

#314115 - 01/27/11 11:39 AM Re: Demo of Tyros 4 Vocal Harmonizer (VH2) [Re: Scottyee]
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Gary, your so right. Have you heard Taylor Swift sing live??? I don't think she can sing in key. She probably wouldn't even win American Idol?

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#314117 - 01/27/11 12:05 PM Re: Demo of Tyros 4 Vocal Harmonizer (VH2) [Re: kbrkr]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Dave,

The zip file produced a message saying it was corrupt, and the M4 would not play on my PC.

I attached your MP3 to this post--maybe it will work.

Gary

Attachments
01 A Nightengale Sang.mp3 (34 downloads)

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online