SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#314035 - 01/26/11 05:49 PM Re: Demo of Tyros 4 Vocal Harmonizer (VH2) [Re: Scottyee]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
I prefer to see an OMB that is using harmony, to stick with just a duet type harmony at the most, and the harmony voice mixed rather low, almost at a subliminal level.

AND, not to use it too often...it tends not to be so cool if it is on most of the time...it's supposed to enhance and support, rather than dominate.

For recording, the sky's the limit, but too many vocal parts "live" on stage seems bit overdone to me, and, as Donny says above, it's almost "Karaoke" like.

Now, this is basically my opinion only...others may love lots of harmonies and such.

Ian

#314041 - 01/26/11 07:55 PM Re: Demo of Tyros 4 Vocal Harmonizer (VH2) [Re: Fran Carango]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Nice job, Bill ... unfortunately, I did not get to hear Donny's ... frown

Originally Posted By: Fran Carango

BTW: I don't hear any harmonizer on this song..only the real overdub vocals..

But Donny's post said he used a Digitech VR rack unit ?!?!?

#314043 - 01/26/11 08:19 PM Re: Demo of Tyros 4 Vocal Harmonizer (VH2) [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
Nice job, Bill ... unfortunately, I did not get to hear Donny's ... frown

Originally Posted By: Fran Carango

BTW: I don't hear any harmonizer on this song..only the real overdub vocals..

But Donny's post said he used a Digitech VR rack unit ?!?!?

Tony we multi tracked the female VH's took those tracks & used the VR toward the end when the brass modulation comes in and sang the bottom bass notes to give it a foundation with male "DOUBLE" voices almost like a mixed choir.The VR I have used in many many ways it's a versatile unit with a great natural sound.

Edited by Dnj (01/26/11 08:27 PM)

#314044 - 01/26/11 08:29 PM Re: Demo of Tyros 4 Vocal Harmonizer (VH2) [Re: Scottyee]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I might suggest not drenching the VH in reverb too... If it can't stack up pretty naked, it sure doesn't get any better at the bottom of a well!

#314046 - 01/26/11 08:35 PM Re: Demo of Tyros 4 Vocal Harmonizer (VH2) [Re: Scottyee]
Dnj Offline

I also have been noticing that todays Country Music Songs are really over using VH on the lead vocal voice on almost every song just too much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtnjlrJc8-o

Edited by Dnj (01/26/11 08:41 PM)

#314048 - 01/26/11 08:44 PM Re: Demo of Tyros 4 Vocal Harmonizer (VH2) [Re: Scottyee]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
It's cheaper. Music industry can't lose 40-60% of its' gross without SOME cutbacks!

#314050 - 01/26/11 09:09 PM Re: Demo of Tyros 4 Vocal Harmonizer (VH2) [Re: Diki]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Diki
It's cheaper. Music industry can't lose 40-60% of its' gross without SOME cutbacks!

Hmmmmmm again MONEY rears it's ugly head at the loss of the consumer frown

#314053 - 01/26/11 09:55 PM Re: Demo of Tyros 4 Vocal Harmonizer (VH2) [Re: Dnj]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By: Dnj
Tony we multi tracked the female VH's took those tracks & used the VR toward the end when the brass modulation comes in and sang the bottom bass notes to give it a foundation with male "DOUBLE" voices almost like a mixed choir.The VR I have used in many many ways it's a versatile unit with a great natural sound.

I thought the idea was to compare the T4 VH with the Digitech unit. I'm not critisizing but the above is hardly an 'apples to apples' comparison. Personally, I prefer the SOUND of the Roland VP-770 but I can see how these units would be way more suitable in a OMB situation.

chas

#314054 - 01/26/11 10:23 PM Re: Demo of Tyros 4 Vocal Harmonizer (VH2) [Re: cgiles]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: cgiles
Originally Posted By: Dnj

I thought the idea was to compare the T4 VH with the Digitech unit. I'm not critisizing but the above is hardly an 'apples to apples' comparison. Personally, I prefer the SOUND of the Roland VP-770 but I can see how these units would be way more suitable in a OMB situation.

chas

Chas I would love you do a demo of the Roland VP770 for us.
btw hows the profile pic coming along?....if you need help just shout.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zswvv9r5SPI

#314056 - 01/26/11 10:53 PM Re: Demo of Tyros 4 Vocal Harmonizer (VH2) [Re: Scottyee]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By: Scottyee
do you have a Digitech vh song recording you've made to give us the opportunity to compare?

Scott,
Tell me how to upload an audio file and I'll post an early version of "A Nightingale Sang" that was done on a VR.
UD

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online