SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#314545 - 01/30/11 08:05 AM Re: Korg Pa3X : Frank Ventresca Checks it out @ Namm [Re: leeboy]
Dnj Offline

I love a very light 61 note keyfeel ..as on the S910/Tyros units, but I'm as comfy on anything I play too....... so no problems FOR ME. I think people are making too much over the keyfeel issue vs the playing talent...nothing is perfect just learn to adapt I say and make music. So what's the moral of this story?

#314566 - 01/30/11 09:17 AM Re: Korg Pa3X : Frank Ventresca Checks it out @ Namm [Re: Scottyee]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I have always held that the SHAPE of the G70 keys is at least as important as the weight. Weight is so subjective that it is tough to compare, your experience may vary depending on whether you come from an organ or a piano background, how hard you play, what you came from, etc..

But SHAPE makes a huge difference. The thing that always sold me on the G70(G1000/G800/A60) was the size, especially of the black keys, being closer to piano size, but that the key ends and black keys were slightly rounded. This allows you to BOTH play pianistically fairly well (and comfortably), without the small black keys and odd spacing that throws many pianists, AND be able to do organ smears, palm smears, glisses and the like, which are often MUCH harder to pull off on keys whose shape tends to catch on your hands. Pianists tend to finger gliss, but organists 'smear', it's a completely different technique, with a completely different sound.

Having ONE keyboard that can do BOTH (including sufficient keys to be able to pull off a decent full piano part) has always been one of my TOP priorities for a live gigging keyboard.

Weight, I can adjust to. I have had several different 76's, with very different touches (my K2500, for instance, makes a MUCH harder effort to be shaped and feel more like a piano), and I have managed to adjust to them all, but the shape of the G70 keys gives me the best compromise between organ and piano of ANY keyboard, at ANY price I have ever played.

#314569 - 01/30/11 09:31 AM Re: Korg Pa3X : Frank Ventresca Checks it out @ Namm [Re: Diki]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Diki
I have always held that the SHAPE of the G70 keys is at least as important as the weight. Weight is so subjective that it is tough to compare, your experience may vary depending on whether you come from an organ or a piano background, how hard you play, what you came from, etc..

But SHAPE makes a huge difference. The thing that always sold me on the G70(G1000/G800/A60) was the size, especially of the black keys, being closer to piano size, but that the key ends and black keys were slightly rounded. This allows you to BOTH play pianistically fairly well (and comfortably), without the small black keys and odd spacing that throws many pianists, AND be able to do organ smears, palm smears, glisses and the like, which are often MUCH harder to pull off on keys whose shape tends to catch on your hands. Pianists tend to finger gliss, but organists 'smear', it's a completely different technique, with a completely different sound.

Having ONE keyboard that can do BOTH (including sufficient keys to be able to pull off a decent full piano part) has always been one of my TOP priorities for a live gigging keyboard.

Weight, I can adjust to. I have had several different 76's, with very different touches (my K2500, for instance, makes a MUCH harder effort to be shaped and feel more like a piano), and I have managed to adjust to them all, but the shape of the G70 keys gives me the best compromise between organ and piano of ANY keyboard, at ANY price I have ever played.

Althouth the weight of the G70 keys was super....I always thought the key length especially the black keys a a bit too skinny & too long for my liking...but as you say very "Subjective: smile

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online