SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#313478 - 01/22/11 08:34 AM Editing on PSR9000
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
I've been trying to help a new PSR9000 owner get around his keyboard and since this is my first experience with this particular instrument I'm not too familar with the Operating System.
The problem we have is trying to edit Style sound volume levels, after a sequence has been recorded. For example, having made a recording, we wish to change the volume level of the Bass part or Drum part in the recording and then save the sequence back to Disk.
We spent quite some time looking through the User manual but have drawn a blank......
Can any PSR9000 user help ?

Thanks

#313565 - 01/22/11 11:29 PM Re: Editing on PSR9000 [Re: Bill Norrie]
tassiespirit Offline

Loc: Devonport, Tasmania, Australia
Sorry, don't have this keyboard, but on Page 61 of the manual, it talks about Preset styles and flash styles. On page 104 it shows your how to create a style from scratch. To download the manual in English go to the link below.

http://www2.yamaha.co.jp/manual/pdf/emi/english/port/PSR9000v2E.pdf

Hope that helps........

Allan

#313566 - 01/22/11 11:41 PM Re: Editing on PSR9000 [Re: tassiespirit]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Thanks so much Allan for bringing this forum back to life.

And I remember Devonport well. I remember when I was much younger taking a Bass Strait voyage on the Princess Of Tasmania from Melbourne and arriving in Devonport. Has a lot of good memories for me.

#313568 - 01/22/11 11:47 PM Re: Editing on PSR9000 [Re: Nigel]
tassiespirit Offline

Your a Melbourne boy, aren't you, Nigel? Me, I am from Leeton N.S.W. country boy. The new boats crossing Bass strait are top notch now and there are two Spirit 1 and 2

#313569 - 01/22/11 11:53 PM Re: Editing on PSR9000 [Re: tassiespirit]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By: tassiespirit
Your a Melbourne boy, aren't you, Nigel? Me, I am from Leeton N.S.W. country boy. The new boats crossing Bass strait are top notch now and there are two Spirit 1 and 2

Yup, Melbourne born and bred but relocated to Southern California cos that is where I work. I will have to come back some time and try those new cruise boats.

#313570 - 01/23/11 12:00 AM Re: Editing on PSR9000 [Re: Nigel]
tassiespirit Offline

Come on down to Tassie too, you will be welcome. With the forum, I have been very quiet for a couple of years and just now able to function after health issues. Also, looking for a new keyboard - need to persude the wife hehe.

#313663 - 01/23/11 05:29 PM Re: Editing on PSR9000 [Re: tassiespirit]
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
The User manual (Which we have) does not address the problem. We wish to edit sounds - mainly volume levels - within the style, after a sequence has been recorded in memory.

#322564 - 04/22/11 04:26 PM Re: Editing on PSR9000 [Re: Bill Norrie]
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hello Bill, Re: PSR9000

If you haven't got the answer to your query yet, try the following site:- www.prstutorial.com They offer various things, one of which is a Forum and maybe someone on there can help you.

I don't know whether you are aware or not, but the Yamaha Keyboard Owner site which was run by James Woodcock, has now closed and the latest info is there are several people interested in taking over but to date nothing is confirmed.

Whatever the outcome, I doubt if it will affect me much as I have ordered the new Wersi Pegasus and as soon as it arrives, I'll be selling my 6 month old Tyros 4 keyboard, not because there is anything wrong with it, I just hate the operating system which I find very time consuming. On the other hand, the Wersi has a very User Friendly O.S. similar to the Technics, plus it also has an on-board CD/DVD burner and it is a 76-note keyboard so can be played 'straight' as a piano or organ, using the built in upper & lower organ buttons. There are several options of course, including a base pedal board.

If you want to know more, go to their website: www.wersidirect.com
it is worth looking at believe me.

Audrey

#322585 - 04/22/11 07:27 PM Re: Editing on PSR9000 [Re: Audrey Turner]
Hal2001 Offline

Loc: U.S.
What is the problem with the TY4 OS? I am thinking of buying it and was under the impression that it was reliable. What should I know about any problems? Do you have a link where you've already posted your complaints? Thank you. FYI I decided against the Ketron Audya because of the OS, against the Korg pa3x because some say the sound is not as good as TY and now I'm curious what I've missed in my research. Thank you.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online