SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#313456 - 01/22/11 01:33 AM Do you think Wersi will ever get at section on SZ
Tony Hughes Offline

Bill,

Were the hell is that Wing, do you think it will ever get off the ground?
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#313457 - 01/22/11 01:54 AM Re: Do you think Wersi will ever get at section on SZ [Re: Tony Hughes]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
If Wersi users asked for it I would give it to them. I was asked for an Oriental Arranger forum some years back and provided it ... but it just died so I killed it.

#313464 - 01/22/11 03:16 AM Re: Do you think Wersi will ever get at section on SZ [Re: Tony Hughes]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Tony
There are not really enough SZ members who play Wersi to warrant a specific Wersi section, although it is nice gesture for Nigel to offer. (Thanks Nigel)
Perhaps when the Wing is launched this may change.

Regarding the Wing;
Music Store has recently been focussing on upgrades to OAS 7 instruments, with OAS 7 R44 (Approx. 1.8GB) just released, with a further option sound pack (A tie up between Wersi Direct and Music Store) nearing completion.

The latest information that is coming out from forum members in the know, is that all dealers now have series 2 Wing Models, (Music Store Specked) so that they can translate the manuals, and familiarise themselves with the instrument ready for demonstration to prospective customers.
Wersi Direct are also still advertising the Wing Demo tour for February and March.

Bill

#313482 - 01/22/11 10:17 AM Re: Do you think Wersi will ever get at section on SZ [Re: Tony Hughes]
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Even Korg and the other Sections are dead...forget Wersi.
But Tony should have its own Audya section...lol.

Edited by Nedim (01/22/11 10:17 AM)

#313484 - 01/22/11 10:27 AM Re: Do you think Wersi will ever get at section on SZ [Re: abacus]
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Originally Posted By: abacus
There are not really enough SZ members who play Wersi to warrant a specific Wersi section.......

I would twist it a bit and say:
There are a lot of Wersi keyboard users out there, do you think they would join in at SZ if a dedicated forum was created?
Spread the word Bill, make it grow and Nigel could add you as Wersi moderator. wink
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#313485 - 01/22/11 10:31 AM Re: Do you think Wersi will ever get at section on SZ [Re: Nedim]

Originally Posted By: Nedim
Even Korg and the other Sections are dead...

Not really, it's just that they all moved to GenArr. Not as bad as it looks, because it keep up the variety and prevent the GenArr to be the Yamaha Arr only. laugh
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#313598 - 01/23/11 09:27 AM Re: Do you think Wersi will ever get at section on SZ [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
Dnj Offline

I would love to play one sometime if I could ever find one around here......last Wersi location we scouted out in Lancaster PA turned into a liquor store when we got there eek

#313765 - 01/24/11 01:33 PM Re: Do you think Wersi will ever get at section on SZ [Re: Tony Hughes]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
How many Wersi users we got NOW? Just Bill, isn't it?

But it's kind of like Yamaha specific, Roland specific, Korg specific. All of those have dedicated forums NOT here at SZ, Very good sites, with perhaps a far more dedicated membership than here.

SZ definitely seems to be THE place to 'compare' arrangers, and discuss their differences and needs.

In truth, I am not sure that many Wersi players would like it here, as confrontational and competitive as it gets here. Plus, this seems more a forum for OMB's in general, which the weight of Wersi's pretty much rules out! Not too many people lugging Scala's around to NH's! Not to mention not too many here into straight organ schmaltz, which is the vast majority of what I hear performed on Wersi's (but I HAVE heard some better, before I get flamed!).

I just feel that the majority of people that are primarily interested in arrangers, rather than 'home organs' already HAVE an arranger, some of them even AFTER they have a Wersi, too! Don't Wersi players already HAVE a site just for them?

#313778 - 01/24/11 02:29 PM Re: Do you think Wersi will ever get at section on SZ [Re: Diki]
Tony Hughes Offline

Come in Bill the loner, your times up, where are you.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#313786 - 01/24/11 03:16 PM Re: Do you think Wersi will ever get at section on SZ [Re: Diki]

Originally Posted By: Diki
......... which the weight of Wersi's pretty much rules out! Not too many people lugging Scala's around to NH's!..
.....Don't Wersi players already HAVE a site just for them?

Well,
Wersi also have/has/had Arranger Keyboards in the model range, not "only" organs. And yes, I've seen dedicated Wersi sites, Yahoo groups etc.
Anyway, if the Wing ever show up and don't fly away in the dark, and if it have some qualities that tempt people here or elsewhere, it might be more lively in that camp as well. Who knows....

At the moment I think Korg Pa4X Pro looks more interesting than Wersi, and even if it's been hard to do, I've managed to stay away from open my wallet to buy any of the new ones, even Audya.
I'm sure I can stand the abstinence for some months to come, the G-70 still not outdated for my way of use, and there is .... well, at least for me, there is still a lot that remain to further exploration. laugh

Cheers
GJ

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online