SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#31334 - 11/07/02 05:00 AM New User Problems Here
KFingers Offline

Loc: Brighton - UK
AJ - I accidently saved an edited guitar voice into the first user voice slot on my XD3 and overwrote the grandpiano in there.

How do I get this back? - You only seem able to edit the voice that is in the user voice slot already there. Is this achieved by restoring all factory settings (I hope not as I have really tailored the rest of the unit - although I could save different bits to disk I suppose)

BTW - just how do you restore to factory settings anyway? - I can't find this in the manual anywhere!

Also, I have operating system 1.0C but I read in another post that there is a version 2.0 out. Can you tell me the difference and how I can get and then upgrade to this version.

Thanks for your help - Keith

#31335 - 11/07/02 09:09 AM Re: New User Problems Here
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
press save / enter

F7 for reset and see if that works !

dano

#31336 - 11/08/02 05:13 AM Re: New User Problems Here
KFingers Offline

Thanks Dano - I did try this and the reset restores many things but not original user voices as the unit came. The problem is that you can modify whatever (User) voice that is already in there and even save another (User) voice into any other User voice location (like I accidently did), but there is no way you can select an ordinary (factory) voice waveform to edit and save. Of course I should have saved the user voices to disk or perhaps Ketron should have provided these on floppy but I didn't and now I'm stymied.

All I was trying to do was to get a more sustained grand piano sound by extending the sustain and decay part of the ASDR envelope but now I have no Grand piano to edit. Of course I can edit the Rock or HonkyTonk user voices but I cannot select an alternative wave form.

Perhaps - Version 2.0 fixes the problem - that is if AJ confirms that is it available and it's possible to upgrade without returning to the store or buying a special cable.

This is really starting to bug me now as the grand piano is the basic sound that I use most of the time and I really need to modify it. - AJ - HELP

Oh, I just thought. If anyone could save the first user voice on an XD9/3 to disk for me and then e'mail it to KFernay@Hotmail.com I would be very grateful - I have over 3000 MS40 patterns all sorted into catagories I can send as repayment for your trouble (Well you probably wouldn't want them all but just tell me which type of style).

Aaaaaaarrrrggghhhh - Keith

#31337 - 11/11/02 01:58 AM Re: New User Problems Here
KFingers Offline

Bump

AJ - Have I lost the User Grand Piano Voice forever? Are you looking into this please or shall I email Ketron?. Can I get the original user voices on disk?

Is it possible to save individual user voices onto disk? 'cos I can only find out how to save all of them!

Why does sustain over midi work on none of the factory voices (which you can't add or change) but does on all of the user voices and programs?

Are these bugs and if so is there a later O/S than 1.0C (Version 2.0 was mentioned in a post in the General Arranger Forum).

Please please please respond or at least acknowledge my questions AJ.

Thanks Keith

#31338 - 11/11/02 03:43 AM Re: New User Problems Here
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Keith,
when I get home I'll try and see if I can save the Grand Piano on a floppy disk and send it to you by email.
I assume that you are referring just to the program, not the multisample, right?
Isn't there a way to restore the factory settings on the XD3?

#31339 - 11/11/02 08:49 AM Re: New User Problems Here
KFingers Offline

Dreamer - You're a star. You can't just save the Grand Piano though (I can't see a way anyhow). You will need to save the whole of the user sounds.

It's not that big a file as it probably doesn't contain the waveform just the pointer to it and other settings like ASDR and effects.

Can you send it to my home address please KFernay@Hotmail.com otherwise it will be stopped by the network guys here at work as a possible program or virus.

BTW - What O/s do you have on your XD3?

Incidently, I thought that the guitar phrasing on your last recording was excellent - played in a very realistic (guitar) way.

Regards - Keith

#31340 - 11/11/02 12:08 PM Re: New User Problems Here
Dreamer Offline

Keith,
I have found a way to save the "Stage grand" program; it's a very small file (just 79 bytes), so I have thought to send you also the whole set of internal programs (9 kbytes).
The OS on my XD3 is 1.0c.
Thank you for your words re. my song; I really hope that everything works fine and you can go on making great music with your XD3.
Andrea

#31341 - 11/12/02 05:22 AM Re: New User Problems Here
KFingers Offline

Thanks Andrea, I am very grateful. If I ever come back to your beautiful country I will look you up. Where-abouts are you? I have been to a few different places and seen several of your sights including the Venician Canals, Florence Art Galleries, Pisa Leaning Tower, Assisi Monastry (before the earthquake), Tivoli Gardens and of course all the Roman tourist sites (trevi/Colloseum etc). The northern Lakes area is very beautiful too.

BTW - I edited and saved as a user voice one of the GM piano voices as a more mollow alternative. I also saved this to disk.

There are a few things that the manual doesn't mention - for example the GM voices respond to aftertouch (using the other Midi In socket). As my controller keyboard has two midi outs and four different fully programable zones I can have a third right hand voice that responds to aftertouch.

This unit just gets better and better especially at it's very competitive price.

Thank you once again - Keith

#31342 - 11/12/02 02:57 PM Re: New User Problems Here
Dreamer Offline

Keith,
I live in Rome.

#31343 - 11/12/02 09:55 PM Re: New User Problems Here
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Keith,
Yesterday I also replaced one of my user voices and found out that doing the reset does not restore the user voices. I took went to another XD9 in my store and I saved the user voice bank to disk and then loaded these back into the XD3. I also emailed the original user voice bank to AJ so I know he has it. When you are in the user voice area, these are not new multisamples but rather just edits of the preset sounds. I do advise all my customers to back up the user voice set before starting to edit. One of the really frustrating issues is not being able to start with any preset voice you might want to use. For example I can't use the brass sound called big band. AJ and I went through this for an hour on the phone yesterday and he realized you couldn't do this. We tried everything. He's working on a fix for this. We thought that after entering the User voice mode and pushing edit voice and then turning off the user voice you can then select the big band brass sound, save it in a user bank location by renaming the user voice, but after doing all this, the original voice that you were first editing is still the sound you have when you go back into user voice. I hope there is a fix for this.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online