SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#312758 - 01/16/11 09:11 PM Steve Prestwich , Drummer for Cold Chisel has Died
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi,
I was very sad to read this morning , that Steve Prestwich, drummer for Cold Chisel ( iconic Aussie Rock Band 70's/80's)
has passed away aged 56. Died 2 weeks after being diagnosed with a brain tumour.

Sadder, when it's someone you've actually met.

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/musi...0117-19t4h.html

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#312766 - 01/16/11 10:27 PM Re: Steve Prestwich , Drummer for Cold Chisel has Died [Re: rikkisbears]
Robbo Offline

Loc: Ballarat, Victoria, Australia
Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends

#312767 - 01/16/11 10:28 PM Re: Steve Prestwich , Drummer for Cold Chisel has Died [Re: rikkisbears]
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Damn damn damn...

#312789 - 01/17/11 01:34 AM Re: Steve Prestwich , Drummer for Cold Chisel has Died [Re: rikkisbears]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Cold Chisel were one of Australia's greatest bands. Here is their video of "Forever Now".

What a sad loss to Aussie music. And on top of that I saw also that Harvey James died. He was one of Australia's greatest rock guitarists. His playing was sheer magic. Here he is playing the guitar on the 70s hit by Sherbet.

#312792 - 01/17/11 02:01 AM Re: Steve Prestwich , Drummer for Cold Chisel has Died [Re: rikkisbears]
Nigel Offline
Admin

I am too familiar with Australian talent that has passed on. I used to play bass and synthesizer in a Melbourne based band called The Flatheads with our singer Guy McDonough. We played and recorded the first version of "Downhearted" which later became a hit for Australian Crawl.

Guy reworked another of our songs from The Flatheads and turned it into "Errol" which he sang with Australian Crawl. Guy was always a very dear friend and I will always miss him.

Here is another song I wrote and recorded with Guy and Colin Haye from Men At Work with his brother Bill McDonough on Guy's post humous album "My Place".
http://synthzone.com/songs/nigel/TooManyPeople.mp3

You can read the background history on Guy in Australian Crawl and The Flatheads at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_Crawl
Oh yeah I even get a mention lol wink

#312904 - 01/17/11 11:09 PM Re: Steve Prestwich , Drummer for Cold Chisel has Died [Re: Nigel]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Nigel

thank you for the links. Really takes one back .
( James Reyne was a real cutie haahaa)

Sort of makes you wonder, what they're doing now.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#312908 - 01/18/11 12:08 AM Re: Steve Prestwich , Drummer for Cold Chisel has Died [Re: rikkisbears]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Originally Posted By: rikkisbears
Hi Nigel

thank you for the links. Really takes one back .
( James Reyne was a real cutie haahaa)

Sort of makes you wonder, what they're doing now.

When I was very young James and David Reyne grew up just a few houses up the street. I remember them both riding their tricycles up and down the street when they were little kids lol wink

#312915 - 01/18/11 02:04 AM Re: Steve Prestwich , Drummer for Cold Chisel has Died [Re: rikkisbears]
miden Offline

Yeah I am going to do a special Prestwich tribute at my next show..I will bracket Flame Trees, Forever Now, and When the War is Over..
Dunno if I can do it but I will try and do a medley of them.

He wrote some good songs, along with the man himself Don Walker!!

I also saw that Harvey James (guitarist for Sherbert) also lost his battle with cancer....

It goes in threes, I wonder who's next??

Dennis

#312916 - 01/18/11 02:22 AM Re: Steve Prestwich , Drummer for Cold Chisel has Died [Re: miden]
Nigel Offline
Admin

I wouldn't wanna even predict that. It's not so long ago we lost Thorpie.

And even though it has been a long time now I will always miss Matt Mofitt too

#312917 - 01/18/11 02:28 AM Re: Steve Prestwich , Drummer for Cold Chisel has Died [Re: rikkisbears]
miden Offline

Yeah I know Nigel, and I don't want to either, but these things always seem to happen in threes..

Thorpie was a huge loss to the biz for sure...

Too many greats are not getting to enjoy what should have been great years for them after the many years of enjoyment they gave the rest of us.

Dennis

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online