SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#312699 - 01/16/11 01:37 PM Re: KORG PA-3X, is this the answer ? [Re: john smies]
JCkeeys Offline

Loc: St. James,New York,USA
BRAVO ZUKI!!! I agree with you 100%!!!

Now I understand why little effort was made to produce new styles for the PA2x. This, in fact, is a major plus! The 4 fills + break archeticture (yes you can say it was copied from Yamaha ... Who cares!!) makes me very happy. I talked with my Korg dealer friend who is at NAMM and he was extemely enthusiastic about the PA3x and he is not one to get excited! smile
I agree Yamaha does a much better job demoing the Tyros but I'm not buying the demonstrator!! He's not gonna' play the KB ... I am!! I have enough confidence (because I know what I have with my PA2x) that I have one on order right now.
The 4 fills + break alone is enough for me to make the change. The new VH is another reason! I hope the idea of matching Yamaha's style availabilty (through the Korg website) comes true? That would put the "Ultimate" smile on my face.

#312702 - 01/16/11 02:06 PM Re: KORG PA-3X, is this the answer ? [Re: john smies]
vangelis Offline

Loc: FLORIDA
"Vangelis,
Wrong on both counts. What you hear in my little youtube video is a fairly standard PA-500 performance, marginally tweaked....."

John,
Sorry, if I offended you in any way,I did want to, I was comparing it to the PA3X and any way that just came out at the time of writing, from what I heard basically I knew it was a KORG but not the PA3X so, the video headline was wrong into stateing that is was a PA3X, I am sure that you have a fine set for the current PA series.
smile

#312703 - 01/16/11 02:18 PM Re: KORG PA-3X, is this the answer ? [Re: zuki]
vangelis Offline

Loc: FLORIDA
Originally Posted By: zuki
Originally Posted By: vangelis
No way! a Casio sounds better than that, actually it sounds like a PA2X or a PA800 not the 3X.

Are you friggin kidding me? I am so happy that the Korg bashers continue. It makes my show special then if no one else will play it. I can tell you, at almost 600 jobs per year - everyone, EVERYONE raves about the sound of the PA series.

I feel sorry for Korg who tries their best to listen and respond with new innovations.

If Korg reads this board.........I SAY THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART.

Well ZUKI what can I say ,spoken like a true diehard Yammie owner,and no, I don't want to get into mine is better than yours, but you interpreted the statements made by me and others totally wrong, we are not bashing KORG at all, just making statement to what we see for now although it sounds bad , a lot of things can change by the release date. As far as KORG keyboards, the sound is truly unique and the high end arrangers priced lower than any Yamaha Tyros that ever came out and at decent intervals not every 2 years.

#312727 - 01/16/11 04:29 PM Re: KORG PA-3X, is this the answer ? [Re: zuki]
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
No way! a Casio sounds better than that, actually it sounds like a PA2X or a PA800 not the 3X.

Are you friggin kidding me? I am so happy that the Korg bashers continue. It makes my show special then if no one else will play it. I can tell you, at almost 600 jobs per year - everyone, EVERYONE raves about the sound of the PA series.

I feel sorry for Korg who tries their best to listen and respond with new innovations.

\

I totally agree with you Zuki.

#312747 - 01/16/11 06:25 PM Re: KORG PA-3X, is this the answer ? [Re: vangelis]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Vangelis,
Zuki ( & myself) are PA800 owners & we luv them.. I think you may have misunderstood his post.

Totally agree Zuki. Korg have been listening, the 4 fills is a good one.

Will I be upgrading? Hopefully, fortunately I have a few months up my sleeve to work on hubby.

Well ZUKI what can I say ,spoken like a true diehard Yammie owner,and no, I don't want to get into mine is better than yours, but you interpreted the statements made by me and others totally wrong, we are not bashing KORG at all, just making statement to what we see for now although it sounds bad , a lot of things can change by the release date. As far as KORG keyboards, the sound is truly unique and the high end arrangers priced lower than any Yamaha Tyros that ever came out and at decent intervals not every 2 years.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online