Posted by: john smies

KORG PA-3X, is this the answer ? - 01/15/11 03:33 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gL0dEPX3EwE
Posted by: vagro

Re: KORG PA-3X, is this the answer ? - 01/15/11 08:13 AM

cry
Posted by: vangelis

Re: KORG PA-3X, is this the answer ? - 01/15/11 10:27 AM

No way! a Casio sounds better than that, actually it sounds like a PA2X or a PA800 not the 3X.
Posted by: Diki

Re: KORG PA-3X, is this the answer ? - 01/15/11 02:55 PM

The answer to what question? wink
Posted by: adimatis

Re: KORG PA-3X, is this the answer ? - 01/15/11 04:05 PM

oh, man! I hear so many lamentations here about this keyboard that is getting ridiculous! really...?! would you give korg credit for at least properly showing this new model?! I find so stupid - excuse me - to even start judging it by some videos from some phones or handycams...

yes, what was the question indeed?
Posted by: miden

Re: KORG PA-3X, is this the answer ? - 01/15/11 06:57 PM

Originally Posted By: adimatis
oh, man! I hear so many lamentations here about this keyboard that is getting ridiculous! really...?! would you give korg credit for at least properly showing this new model?! I find so stupid - excuse me - to even start judging it by some videos from some phones or handycams...

yes, what was the question indeed?

Nope, we are judging it NOT by what it sounds like.... But by what it has not got...What has not been upgraded. What was asked for by users in a KORG run survey about 18 months 2 years ago..

Releasing what is supposed to be a brand new keyboard with a few "toys" but no REAL improvement to HOW the keyboard operates, no improvement to the RAM size, when RAM is SOOO cheap now..I could go on, but I have made these points in many other plosts...

No way this new Korg will replace my Pa2x.. no-where near enough REAL improvement.

These are the things we are judging it by.
Posted by: john smies

Re: KORG PA-3X, is this the answer ? - 01/16/11 09:50 AM

Adamtis,

You should know me by now after all these (Korg) years. I was mainly trying to ridicule the current situation. The Demos on Youtube so far are awful to say the least and I entirely agree with you and others that we should save our breath and give real comments by the time we can hear HIFI results of both the sound and the style department. So far the footage has been very poor.
And I must add, see my comments under the PA-3X thread, that the information on the German Korg forum seems to be much more informative and communcative with straight answers from the Korg demonstrator among others.
I have been given to understand that eventually the street price of this new beasty will be roughly the same as the street price of the PA-2X, hence it would be a fair bet to expect that it will do very well commercially speaking.

Vangelis,
Wrong on both counts. What you hear in my little youtube video is a fairly standard PA-500 performance, marginally tweaked.....

John
Posted by: zuki

Re: KORG PA-3X, is this the answer ? - 01/16/11 10:42 AM

Originally Posted By: vangelis
No way! a Casio sounds better than that, actually it sounds like a PA2X or a PA800 not the 3X.

Are you friggin kidding me? I am so happy that the Korg bashers continue. It makes my show special then if no one else will play it. I can tell you, at almost 600 jobs per year - everyone, EVERYONE raves about the sound of the PA series.

I feel sorry for Korg who tries their best to listen and respond with new innovations.

If Korg reads this board.........I SAY THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART.
Posted by: adimatis

Re: KORG PA-3X, is this the answer ? - 01/16/11 01:00 PM

Problem is, we do tend to judge by the first sound of a new keyboard. If let's say this new model will prove to sound much better, when the official demos will be out... will it matter so much the ram size, etc?

Of course these are all important, but in the same time, the list of improvements is considerable. And when the sound of it will make it justice (i hope and believe) you will see how wrong is it to jump into conclusions too early.

John, yes, I understood, but I merely wanted to make obvious the rush we are into "finding the answers" wink
Posted by: miden

Re: KORG PA-3X, is this the answer ? - 01/16/11 01:14 PM

Originally Posted By: adimatis
Problem is, we do tend to judge by the first sound of a new keyboard. If let's say this new model will prove to sound much better, when the official demos will be out... will it matter so much the ram size, etc?

Of course these are all important, but in the same time, the list of improvements is considerable. And when the sound of it will make it justice (i hope and believe) you will see how wrong is it to jump into conclusions too early.

John, yes, I understood, but I merely wanted to make obvious the rush we are into "finding the answers" wink

Actually yes it does for those of us using it professionally....Sound is important, but the actual operation and live play tools of the keyboard are equally important.

I am not saying this PA3 is NOT a great keyboard..it IS!!!

Just nowhere near enough of a change, with the TINY amount of info we have now, to say it is worth changing from the PA2.

For a PA1 owner it would be a GREAT upgrade!!
Posted by: JCkeeys

Re: KORG PA-3X, is this the answer ? - 01/16/11 01:37 PM

BRAVO ZUKI!!! I agree with you 100%!!!

Now I understand why little effort was made to produce new styles for the PA2x. This, in fact, is a major plus! The 4 fills + break archeticture (yes you can say it was copied from Yamaha ... Who cares!!) makes me very happy. I talked with my Korg dealer friend who is at NAMM and he was extemely enthusiastic about the PA3x and he is not one to get excited! smile
I agree Yamaha does a much better job demoing the Tyros but I'm not buying the demonstrator!! He's not gonna' play the KB ... I am!! I have enough confidence (because I know what I have with my PA2x) that I have one on order right now.
The 4 fills + break alone is enough for me to make the change. The new VH is another reason! I hope the idea of matching Yamaha's style availabilty (through the Korg website) comes true? That would put the "Ultimate" smile on my face.

Re: KORG PA-3X, is this the answer ? - 01/16/11 02:06 PM

"Vangelis,
Wrong on both counts. What you hear in my little youtube video is a fairly standard PA-500 performance, marginally tweaked....."

John,
Sorry, if I offended you in any way,I did want to, I was comparing it to the PA3X and any way that just came out at the time of writing, from what I heard basically I knew it was a KORG but not the PA3X so, the video headline was wrong into stateing that is was a PA3X, I am sure that you have a fine set for the current PA series.
smile

Re: KORG PA-3X, is this the answer ? - 01/16/11 02:18 PM

Originally Posted By: zuki

Are you friggin kidding me? I am so happy that the Korg bashers continue. It makes my show special then if no one else will play it. I can tell you, at almost 600 jobs per year - everyone, EVERYONE raves about the sound of the PA series.

I feel sorry for Korg who tries their best to listen and respond with new innovations.

Well ZUKI what can I say ,spoken like a true diehard Yammie owner,and no, I don't want to get into mine is better than yours, but you interpreted the statements made by me and others totally wrong, we are not bashing KORG at all, just making statement to what we see for now although it sounds bad , a lot of things can change by the release date. As far as KORG keyboards, the sound is truly unique and the high end arrangers priced lower than any Yamaha Tyros that ever came out and at decent intervals not every 2 years.
Posted by: FransN

Re: KORG PA-3X, is this the answer ? - 01/16/11 04:29 PM

\

I totally agree with you Zuki.
Posted by: rikkisbears

Re: KORG PA-3X, is this the answer ? - 01/16/11 06:25 PM

Hi Vangelis,
Zuki ( & myself) are PA800 owners & we luv them.. I think you may have misunderstood his post.

Totally agree Zuki. Korg have been listening, the 4 fills is a good one.

Will I be upgrading? Hopefully, fortunately I have a few months up my sleeve to work on hubby.

Well ZUKI what can I say ,spoken like a true diehard Yammie owner,and no, I don't want to get into mine is better than yours, but you interpreted the statements made by me and others totally wrong, we are not bashing KORG at all, just making statement to what we see for now although it sounds bad , a lot of things can change by the release date. As far as KORG keyboards, the sound is truly unique and the high end arrangers priced lower than any Yamaha Tyros that ever came out and at decent intervals not every 2 years.