SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#312774 - 01/16/11 11:07 PM Re: Namm 2011 Update: Info on the Korg Pa3X [Re: Dnj]
zuki Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj
Originally Posted By: Stephenm52
Interesting lots of activity and talk/demos regarding Korg Pa3x and Tyros4 at NAMM. Just getting back into the loop looks like I've missed quite a bit. Maybe I didn't........ confused my wife and I just spent 3 great days skiing in Northern New Hampshire, talk about a winter wonderland. For those of you who ski, conditions were excellent.

That Korg is sharp looking, I'll be really curious to demo it at Frankieve's store once it's released. When talking Tyros4 and Korg Pa3x, as usual Yamaha knows how to "sell the sizzle, not the steak." Did you ever stop to think if marketing teams were reversed?

The only difference Steve is that YAMAHA Talks the Talk & WALKS THE WALK!

Oh please

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#312775 - 01/16/11 11:16 PM Re: Namm 2011 Update: Info on the Korg Pa3X [Re: Scottyee]
zuki Offline

I think those who were looking for the Korg Holy Grail are the same ones who really don't appreciate the PA series anyway. It really doesn't need to improve on sounds and styles.

But the addition of more styles, enhanced vocalizer, optional speaker (pretty cool), and many other new features makes it a 'want' for me. But this statement is coming from a pro performer who utilizes the greatness of the PA series.

Play want you want, bash who you want and I'll gladly be the sole PA player around these parts.

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#312788 - 01/17/11 12:41 AM Re: Namm 2011 Update: Info on the Korg Pa3X [Re: Scottyee]
Nick G Offline

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
I agree with you Zuki. the sound quality on the Korg PA 2X and PA800 was already top notch. It just needed a few additional voices which it looks like they have addressed. I am still hoping they have upgraded the synth department but so far all the feature enhancements are a great compliment to an already amazing pro level arranger keyboard.

we now finally have a 61 note arranger build like a Synth that does have speakers and isnt bulky! ...and its black smile

Nick

#312790 - 01/17/11 01:44 AM Re: Namm 2011 Update: Info on the Korg Pa3X [Re: zuki]
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Originally Posted By: zuki
I think those who were looking for the Korg Holy Grail are the same ones who really don't appreciate the PA series anyway. It really doesn't need to improve on sounds and styles.

Play want you want, bash who you want and I'll gladly be the sole PA player around these parts.

But it does need to improve on operational aspects...Style Management is one that comes to mind, amongst others.

But no bashing, or holy grailing here smile I am perfectly happy with my PA2x smile + some extra stuff come MusikMesse time wink

Dennis

#312823 - 01/17/11 11:18 AM Re: Namm 2011 Update: Info on the Korg Pa3X [Re: Scottyee]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I know the specs say it is compatible with the old styles, but does it say if they have retained the old "set at a time" loading procedure?
DonM

#312824 - 01/17/11 11:39 AM Re: Namm 2011 Update: Info on the Korg Pa3X [Re: Scottyee]
Beakybird Offline

I am impressed by

1) all the buttons and sliders on the board
2) the great vocalizer
3) the speaker system
4) the addition of auto-fill
5) pitch correction
6) piano and acoustic guitar voices

If I were in the market for a TOTL arranger, I would still probably go with the T4 because Yamaha has more styles that take advantage of auto-fill. I say probably, because I would love to get the opportunity to play the PA3X.

#312826 - 01/17/11 11:42 AM Re: Namm 2011 Update: Info on the Korg Pa3X [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: DonM
I know the specs say it is compatible with the old styles, but does it say if they have retained the old "set at a time" loading procedure?
DonM

I hope not Don.....that was a major pain in the A$$ ...& one of the things I really disliked about all my PA units in the past.
I hope we can get a definitive answer on this folder OS procedure asap.

#312834 - 01/17/11 01:49 PM Re: Namm 2011 Update: Info on the Korg Pa3X [Re: Scottyee]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Too much blue-skying going on, still.

How many of you are disappointed in only 128 voices? Out of you, how many currently HAVE a 128 note arranger? And out of THAT minority, how many of you have EVER heard any dropping out during play?

128 voices is PLENTY. For starters, there's no arranger with MORE unless you count the MS, which CAN have more, but also, depending on what VSTi's you use, can also have a LOT less... If you like Yamaha's, then you like 128 voices. Period.

8 different insert effects doesn't mean 8 effects on ONE sound (although it could if you were insane!) but it means 8 different effects divided up between all the Parts. THAT'S pretty significant, IMO

And Jeez... Black or not as a 'feature'? If it sounded great, who wouldn't buy it even if it were only available in plaid? wink Or polka-dots (for the schlager market!)?

There are some that are dancing in the streets about the Korg's new features, but most still scratching their heads. Well, let me inform you... The Chord Sequencer is the most significant addition to the arranger feature set since, well, since Roland dropped it, to be honest! Only those that have never learned it would miss the significance. It's a whole extra hand, that does what YOU want to do, when YOU want to do it. Tired of having to tie up your LH inputting the same chords over and over for a repeated section? Maybe like to play a solo using BOTH hands (piano, anyone?), or like to use a bend lever for an expressive solo, or like to play another instrument (sax, flute, even another keyboard) for a section of a song?

Chord sequencer.

But the COLOR...? Do any of you guys actually PLAY?! confused

Most of us wouldn't have been all THAT impressed with a T4 if we had heard it in beta, before the sounds and styles were dialed in. This was a sneak peek at an unfinished product, but the spec sheet alone promises significant improvement in Korg's old system (auto-fill finally! Yay! and five fills instead of three... Yay!).

Once again, the old fanboy rantings appear... You criticize the Korg for having a smaller RAM section from the T4, but don't give the T4 a hard time for having an entirely closed, proprietary sample format that precludes actually USING that RAM for anything other than the measly few sample sets they sell themselves. What's the point of a GB or 2 of RAM, when Yamaha don't sell enough sounds to even fill it a quarter full?

Let's all just take a deep breath, get off our fanboy horses, and treat this as a sneak peek at a future product, and while we wait for the fully realized PA3 to appear, start to take notice of the features on our OWN favorite arranger that are less than stellar themselves. You know, so we don't get this arrogant attitude repeated when Musikmesse comes around.

Boy, I've missed this place! I don't get around children too much in my regular life.... wink

#312839 - 01/17/11 02:33 PM Re: Namm 2011 Update: Info on the Korg Pa3X [Re: Scottyee]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I was agreeing with everything you said Diki, until you just had to throw in the insult in the last line. Was that necessary? Seems you should have OTHER children.
DonM

#312841 - 01/17/11 02:42 PM Re: Namm 2011 Update: Info on the Korg Pa3X [Re: Scottyee]
Dnj Offline

so diki you got your all important CS feature back does that mean your selling your 2 G70s now and buying a Pa3xpro 76?

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online