SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#312738 - 01/16/11 06:06 PM Re: Namm 2011 Update: Info on the Korg Pa3X [Re: ianmcnll]
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
I am not talking about you Ian. You are one of the smarter people and don't judge an instrument on some lousy youtube videos.

#312739 - 01/16/11 06:06 PM Re: Namm 2011 Update: Info on the Korg Pa3X [Re: ianmcnll]
arranger_yes_pc_no Offline

Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
[quote=Robbo]

The dual MP3's aren't anything I'd use

I don't understand the point of it, either. The Tyros has a less developed sequencer but the sounds seems to have had more work done on them.

Have you heard that funk guitar? There was no expression in it. It didn't sound like a clean guitar from a latest generation arranger. I have heard the one on the Tyros 2 right now and it blew it away. Fact smile

#312740 - 01/16/11 06:10 PM Re: Namm 2011 Update: Info on the Korg Pa3X [Re: FransN]

Originally Posted By: FransN
You know knothing fool. Get a life and stop writing about things you don't understand.

ah ah....

other than getting a life, I also suggest you grow up. You seem to have a lot of pre-teen pent-up anger inside yourself.

ahah

Edited by arranger_yes_pc_no (01/16/11 06:10 PM)

#312741 - 01/16/11 06:12 PM Re: Namm 2011 Update: Info on the Korg Pa3X [Re: arranger_yes_pc_no]
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Well call me a dictator and you can expect this kind of reaction from me. So grow up yourself

#312743 - 01/16/11 06:17 PM Re: Namm 2011 Update: Info on the Korg Pa3X [Re: Scottyee]

Dear Korg,

please also implement sampling from disk-streaming, like the Kronos. Get rid of the ROMpler. 256 mb is nothing to write home about in 2011.

Actually, how about just making a Kronos with styles?

That would be smashing.

Edited by arranger_yes_pc_no (01/16/11 06:20 PM)

#312746 - 01/16/11 06:21 PM Re: Namm 2011 Update: Info on the Korg Pa3X [Re: FransN]

Originally Posted By: FransN
Well call me a dictator and you can expect this kind of reaction from me.

ahaha....now THAT would be something to worry about. Oh my.

AH AH....!

#312751 - 01/16/11 06:42 PM Re: Namm 2011 Update: Info on the Korg Pa3X [Re: Scottyee]

Dear Korg,

I have found the PAX3 very unimpressive up to now.

No offense, but it's almost as if you had made that keyboard, developed for 2009. It has a lot of turbo-effects and double sequencer stuff, but it seems to me that it just tries to have unnecessary novel ideas instead of catering to real needs. Who uses two mp3's or two midi files at the same time? Who's going to waste time setting up 8 effects on one sound? Personally, I just use EQ and reverb. If the sounds are impressive, that's all the effects I need.

The sounds first of all, they can't be just ok.

They have to be impressive.

Regards, AYPN

#312762 - 01/16/11 10:07 PM Re: Namm 2011 Update: Info on the Korg Pa3X [Re: Scottyee]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
WOW..someone on the forum here is showing there ignorance and arrogance.....
But most will simply ignore the posts.
Lee S.

#312765 - 01/16/11 10:12 PM Re: Namm 2011 Update: Info on the Korg Pa3X [Re: FransN]
Robbo Offline

Loc: Ballarat, Victoria, Australia

Quote FransN "And the Korg bashing continues Have you people nothing else to do?" end quote

and quote

Arranger Yes PC No "Dear Korg, I would put more effort in the sounds rather than this 8 effects, dual sequencer useless stuff. We need one good sequencer, not two. As for effects, it's a thing of the past, nowadays people rarely bother with more than eq and reverb.

The sounds of the PA3X don't quite cut it, even compared to my Tyros 2. The violin that I have heard is significantly weaker than the one on my Tyros 2. The clean electric guitar in the funk style, can't stand a chance with the Megavoice and super articulation clean guitars.

How much ROM does the Tyros 2 have ? 300 mb , if I am not mistaken. That's more than the PA3X and it's from an older keyboard.

And please implement a chord track like the Yamaha, because it really works well for writing a song structure really quickly.

You seem to have done a very good job with the Kronos, but the PAX3 is no match for it.

Regards, AYPN

Can I say FransN this has nothing to do with Korg bashing, in fact in the hope that someone listens to the buying public, this could be advantageous to Korg. We know that it's not final "PC3X" so some of the really wanted basic needs may be further addressed, and some of the so called bells and whistles could be dropped, I'm inclined to agree with Arranger Yes, I think I'll be very happy to sit and wait to see what it will bring, but Kronos features would have been I would have thought a necessity against the Yammy and Audya to scoop the market so to speak

#312772 - 01/16/11 10:48 PM Re: Namm 2011 Update: Info on the Korg Pa3X [Re: Dnj]
Lucky2Bhere Offline

"They went back to black"

For me, that IS a big improvement. When I have a board in front of me, I need it to be pleasing to look at (for me). I didn't like the design OR the colors on the PA2XPro. Same with the Ketrons. And the same with the Tyros 4 (though I liked the styling of the 3). Loved the G-70 and that LED display...that being the MOST important...a colorful LED readout. The Casio 7500 is a pretty machine too.

Coloring is so important to me, I'd consider NOT buying a particular board if it's not right.

That said, that PX3XPro is some mean looking machine. And the Kronos too. If the 3 sounds as good or better than the 2, I'm going to go with that. And the Kronos too....which I understand is the follow-up to the OASYS.

Lucky

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online