SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#312663 - 01/16/11 09:44 AM Re: Namm 2011 Update: Info on the Korg Pa3X [Re: Scottyee]
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.

In case you guys are not aware of it, KORG will be presenting FOUR new PA arranger keyboards at Frankfurt in April, the PA-3X
standard in 61 and 76 keys , COLOUR Black, and the PA-3Xmusikant (especiallly designed for the German speaking market, that is Western orientated like the pa-500 musikant) also in 61 and 76 keys and in the colour IVORY or off-white, whatever you call the colour of the PA-2X.....
sorry Donny...

JOhn

#312682 - 01/16/11 11:52 AM Re: Namm 2011 Update: Info on the Korg Pa3X [Re: Scottyee]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
And yet another Naam showroom floor Pa3X demo: cool

#312683 - 01/16/11 11:57 AM Re: Namm 2011 Update: Info on the Korg Pa3X [Re: Scottyee]
Dnj Offline

is he kidding?... shocked his first line is that
"Korg arrangers are the most popular Professional Arrangers in the world" ....I think korg is playing follow the leader Tyros 4 with some of their new Features...autofill, dnc button control, etc..?

Edited by Dnj (01/16/11 12:07 PM)

#312689 - 01/16/11 12:31 PM Re: Namm 2011 Update: Info on the Korg Pa3X [Re: Scottyee]
TedS Offline

Loc: North Texas, USA
Originally Posted By: Scottyee
The reason Korg's showing the Pa3X now is because they want to give it exposure at Naam so Americans can see & hear it and provide input to help make the Pa3X a keyboard that truly appeals to Americans, in addition to the European & Middle Eastern markets.

They could start by licensing Yamaha's whole style library smile I'll take "Boom, chick chick" over Korg's busy mishmash any time. If I *really* wanted to compete with other musicians, I would join a band smile

#312695 - 01/16/11 01:06 PM Re: Namm 2011 Update: Info on the Korg Pa3X [Re: Scottyee]
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Still all the same-old same-old....No new info on the actual operations....

style editing and importing/sorting,

how the effects structure is incorporated,

can the chords recorded in the Chord Sequencer be saved to disk, or is it a strictly live tool and do the variation'fill changes get saved along with the chords

can two engines be used simultaneously - play a style AND a midi at the same time

audio output configurations

user ram configuration and sound editing/creation

just what IS Guitar mode II and what does it do/allow

You see what I am getting at? All we are getting in these demos is all the same fluff..The same demo of the new toys (although the CS is a great tool!!)

Looks like we will have to wait for MusikMesse to get the FULL skinny.

Actually there is a hint here in his opening preamble (the demonstrator) where he says they are extremely popular in Germany especially with the Musikant series, and of course MusikMesse is also in Germany...Korgs (maybe)biggest market looks like it will get the biggest preview.

#312700 - 01/16/11 01:45 PM Re: Namm 2011 Update: Info on the Korg Pa3X [Re: Scottyee]
JCkeeys Offline

Loc: St. James,New York,USA
It certainly appears this was not a well orchestrated launch on Korg's part for the PA3x. But at least they made the effort!! If they did not everyone would be "Bitching" about it for sure! The answers will be forthcoming as we all know ... and predictably everyone will fall in line behind their "Favorite" nameplate!! smile

#312704 - 01/16/11 02:36 PM Re: Namm 2011 Update: Info on the Korg Pa3X [Re: Scottyee]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Interesting lots of activity and talk/demos regarding Korg Pa3x and Tyros4 at NAMM. Just getting back into the loop looks like I've missed quite a bit. Maybe I didn't........ confused my wife and I just spent 3 great days skiing in Northern New Hampshire, talk about a winter wonderland. For those of you who ski, conditions were excellent.

That Korg is sharp looking, I'll be really curious to demo it at Frankieve's store once it's released. When talking Tyros4 and Korg Pa3x, as usual Yamaha knows how to "sell the sizzle, not the steak." Did you ever stop to think if marketing teams were reversed?

#312712 - 01/16/11 03:16 PM Re: Namm 2011 Update: Info on the Korg Pa3X [Re: Stephenm52]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Stephenm52
Interesting lots of activity and talk/demos regarding Korg Pa3x and Tyros4 at NAMM. Just getting back into the loop looks like I've missed quite a bit. Maybe I didn't........ confused my wife and I just spent 3 great days skiing in Northern New Hampshire, talk about a winter wonderland. For those of you who ski, conditions were excellent.

That Korg is sharp looking, I'll be really curious to demo it at Frankieve's store once it's released. When talking Tyros4 and Korg Pa3x, as usual Yamaha knows how to "sell the sizzle, not the steak." Did you ever stop to think if marketing teams were reversed?

The only difference Steve is that YAMAHA Talks the Talk & WALKS THE WALK!

#312719 - 01/16/11 03:40 PM Re: Namm 2011 Update: Info on the Korg Pa3X [Re: Scottyee]
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
An interesting difference between the Tyros4 and the Pa3xpro Super Articulation / Defined Nuance Control voices is that on the Tyros4, you do not have to use the ART 1 & 2 buttons to get Art voice effects. The "Breath Sax" on the T4 is Sooooo realistic. I just did a wedding gig and played the SAX on Smooth Operator, and Everyone was looking on stage for the SAX player!!!!! I had several people come up to the stage and ask and then I saw the lead vocalist point at me!!

The Yamaha voices are THAT good. And it's really hard for Korg to compete with that. The new SV1 Piano's and Rhodes sound awesome, but did they upgrade the rest of the sounds as well? Let's see.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#312720 - 01/16/11 04:03 PM Re: Namm 2011 Update: Info on the Korg Pa3X [Re: kbrkr]
Beakybird Offline

Originally Posted By: kbrkr
I just did a wedding gig and played the SAX on Smooth Operator, and Everyone was looking on stage for the SAX player!!!!! I had several people come up to the stage and ask and then I saw the lead vocalist point at me!!

The Yamaha voices are THAT good. And it's really hard for Korg to compete with that. The new SV1 Piano's and Rhodes sound awesome, but did they upgrade the rest of the sounds as well? Let's see.

It must feel great to get that kind of response. I'm sure some credit is due to the musician as well.

I must say that the PA3x vocalizer sounds really good in that demo, a demo which overall was not up to the same level of professionality as Yamaha is.

The thing with Yamaha is that they have come out with so many fantastic styles. The T4 has 500 onboard styles and the PA3x has something like 400. Plus the Yamaha has developed a great library of professionally done styles.

I'm glad that Korg came out with auto-fill. I'm surprised they ddidn't have this years ago.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online