SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 7 of 11 < 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 >
Topic Options
#312524 - 01/15/11 10:33 AM Re: NEW KORG PAx3 VIDEO DEMOS Here [Re: Dnj]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I just hate the way that sound bar looks .... it better sound good, but I'm skeptical!

#312525 - 01/15/11 10:43 AM Re: NEW KORG PAx3 VIDEO DEMOS Here [Re: Uncle Dave]
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
I am surprised that musicians on this forum some of them even pros judge the PA3x based on youtube videos. Amazing.

#312527 - 01/15/11 10:56 AM Re: NEW KORG PAx3 VIDEO DEMOS Here [Re: FransN]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: FransN
I am surprised that musicians on this forum some of them even pros judge the PA3x based on youtube videos. Amazing.

Thats true, but i personally think the specs are almost identical to the PA2X, no innovation at all... So it has to be the sound that improved hugely, but from people that visited NAMM is that it almost sounds identical to PA2X, with minor upgrades..

Seems Korg itally did what Yamaha is doing for the last decennium..... minor upgrades to get as much money as possible out of outdated hardware...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#312530 - 01/15/11 11:01 AM Re: NEW KORG PAx3 VIDEO DEMOS Here [Re: Dnj]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
jamman,
MANY people prefer the Korg styles to the Yamaha styles.
Otherwise...why would they sell more arrangers 'world wide' than Yamaha?

Yamaha styles are great at intros and endings but sometimes too simple(boring) in the VARS. Korg does not have many sound specific styles...but many very useful general purpose styles with lots of content in the VARS (Yes sometimes too much and it's easy t turn thoe parts off).

I like them both.
Too bad we can't run both any either one!

Lee S.

#312532 - 01/15/11 11:09 AM Re: NEW KORG PAx3 VIDEO DEMOS Here [Re: Dnj]
leeboy Offline

Come on gang...you CAN NOT judge the sounds, styles etc from these lousy, poorly done demos. You need to play one yourself, try the sounds that you care about and check out all the styles yourself.

Speaking of demos...Korg should be embarased by the demos they have done. You talk about unprepared....If I were the manager of Korg USA...I would be thinking of something better (like replacements). Come to think of it...Kog has never ben woth a Shxx on demos...as compaed to Yamaha anyways.

If I ran the operation...I would step up the professinalism and quality of the demos 10 fold. Don't they know were all watching.

I have heard very few actual sounds, or styles...seems like they do the same kind of demo each time. Yes I know it's a show...but...lots of first impressions are not so good to many people! If your going to launch a new product...do it right.

OK...I feel better.....
Lee S.

#312533 - 01/15/11 11:12 AM Re: NEW KORG PAx3 VIDEO DEMOS Here [Re: Bachus]
FransN Offline

Originally Posted By: Bachus
Originally Posted By: FransN

Thats true, but i personally think the specs are almost identical to the PA2X, no innovation at all... So it has to be the sound that improved hugely, but from people that visited NAMM is that it almost sounds identical to PA2X, with minor upgrades..

Seems Korg itally did what Yamaha is doing for the last decennium..... minor upgrades to get as much money as possible out of outdated hardware...

Minor upgrades?
Look again. Problem is people want to much and pay less. Personally I find the sound of the PAX2x already great and now they have 128 mb more of great sounds so what do you want more? And with all these advanced features on the PA3x he is still about $1000 cheaper then the Tyros4. Again what do you want more? All I hear is complaining. I think Korg did a great job on the PA3x

#312535 - 01/15/11 11:22 AM Re: NEW KORG PAx3 VIDEO DEMOS Here [Re: leeboy]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Originally Posted By: leeboy
jamman,
why would they sell more arrangers 'world wide' than Yamaha?

Korg sells more arrangers 'world wide' than Yamaha?! shocked
Lee, where are you getting your information from? crazy

#312536 - 01/15/11 11:26 AM Re: NEW KORG PAx3 VIDEO DEMOS Here [Re: Scottyee]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Scottyee
Originally Posted By: leeboy
jamman,
why would they sell more arrangers 'world wide' than Yamaha?

Korg sells more arrangers 'world wide' than Yamaha?! shocked
Lee, where are you getting your information from? crazy

Perhaps Lee is referring to TOTL (and/or MOTL) arrangers?

If you add up all the Tyros, and PSR sold worldwide, there may be drastically different results. wink

Ian

#312538 - 01/15/11 11:29 AM Re: NEW KORG PAx3 VIDEO DEMOS Here [Re: Dnj]
leeboy Offline

Bill,
Quite honestly it is the sounds that really matter to me in the end...my gosh...the features in th PA2 were pretty darn complete.

Read the specs again...there is plenty there. 4 fills, autofill, chord sequencer, my GOD esentially a Voice Live 2 VH.that's huge, twice the intermal ram means much better souds, 8 effects...that's twice the PA2, new drums technology, 120 oscillators instead of 19, final mastering efects by WAVES...that's top drawer, new pianos & EP's (no there not the same as PA32), My GOD now we can inport many file formats to the sampler, includin Akai, 50 new styles, realtine channels nowhave buttons---hurrah!, imprved TFT touch screen, more DNC sounds.

That's a lot...

That's a H of a lot more than the change from T3 - T4.

Me...I'm looking to hear it...and I mean top qulity demos of many of the sounds and styles. Better yet, in person...then I can hear the sounds I care about.

If they did't get the sounds I like/need right...the I will get a T4. I love the depth, editng and all the PRO features of the PA....but I will not comproise the sounds. Not again.

Lee S.

#312540 - 01/15/11 11:31 AM Re: NEW KORG PAx3 VIDEO DEMOS Here [Re: leeboy]
FransN Offline

Thanks for summing up all the extra features Lee. And some call this minor upgrades smile

Page 7 of 11 < 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online