SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 11 < 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11 >
Topic Options
#312472 - 01/14/11 09:54 PM Re: NEW KORG PAx3 VIDEO DEMOS Here [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: DonM
No, no, when you consent, it's not rape!
smile
DonM

Thats the scary part...... cry

#312485 - 01/15/11 12:55 AM Re: NEW KORG PAx3 VIDEO DEMOS Here [Re: abacus]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Originally Posted By: abacus
How you perceive sounds, and the type of sounds you like, (Not forgetting comparing them with real instruments) can make a big difference to how you rate a keyboard.

As an example, when I heard and tried the T3 (A number of times) I found that apart from the SA2 voices it was way inferior to the T2 (1 step forward, 3 steps back (To me a bit of a lemon) with a very poor compressed sound.
The T4 however (To me) I find is so far ahead of the T3 (It’s what the T3 should have been) that it is a worthy successor to the T2, and Yamaha can be proud.

Contrast this with the PA2x, (After the first update) which for me was so far ahead of the PA1x as to be unbelievable (It was like chalk and cheese).
As to the PA3x,(Like all keyboards) I will have to wait till I hear it and try it live, as there are just too many variables in online demos.

As you can see, the above is pretty much exactly opposite to Spalding’s perception of the instruments. (Hence I always say, try the keyboard live and compare it with real instruments before making a decision)

Bill

The difference is bill that i play my PA1X every day both live and recording, through external speakers mixing desks and the internal speakers. I know each sound very intimately so i know when i am hearing the same sound from the same samples again. Forget the marketing. EDS means nothing when i know i am hearing 80% of the same samples because i play those samples everyday. Thats why i know the step up from the PA2X and 3X sonically is minor. For a short while the Korg PA.com site had the PA800, PA1x and PA2X demos at the same time on their site. All recorded using the same parameters . Many of the demos styles were exactly the same for all three models and all three demos sounded exactly the same. At the time when i pointed this out i was told ' you have to hear it live , you cant tell from online demos' . However i have since heard the 2x live and i am glad i trusted my ears originaly. The only difference is DNC technology but tell me what has korg done with that ? Where are the styles or individual sounds that exploit DNC techniques. Compare the list of SA1 and SA2 sounds from yamaha and pit it against the very best DNC sound (of the handful) Korg have to offer. I am a straight up Korg fan but if i were marking Korg for their latest offering in terms of an upgarded keyboard i would have to give them a C+ . They could and should have done much better .

No doubt they will still sell loads of them but if you think i have gauged it wrong go to the korg forum site and see how quiet the PA3X or 2x forums are. Either people have been shocked into silence or noone wants to say the 'the king is not wearing any clothes' (if you remeber the story).

#312486 - 01/15/11 12:58 AM Re: NEW KORG PAx3 VIDEO DEMOS Here [Re: spalding1968]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
PS i am begining to sound like Diki and his love hate relationship with Roland ha ha ha !! laugh

#312498 - 01/15/11 05:33 AM Re: NEW KORG PAx3 VIDEO DEMOS Here [Re: Dnj]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Spalding
All valid points for the Korg, however neither of us own Tyros keyboards, and our perceptions of them are still almost totally opposite.

Regarding SA & DNC
The Yamaha sets up everything for you, but has limited editing, whereas the Korg DNC can be truly personalised to your playing style.

As to which you prefer (1 button press and everything done for you, or you get given the tools and then do with it as you please) is a personal choice, and I am in the camp of full user customisation. (Hence my preference for Wersi OAS, as I am not dictated to by the manufacture as to what sounds I can and cannot have)

Should be interesting to see what the PA3x is priced at, as at the moment the PA2x is the cheapest TOTL Arranger out there, (At least until the Music Store specked Pegasus Wing is launched) and significantly cheaper than a T4.

Diki has probably already ordered one, as he has always said over the years (In many posts) that the first manufacture to add a Chord Sequencer would get him to open his wallet.

Bill

#312502 - 01/15/11 06:11 AM Re: NEW KORG PAx3 VIDEO DEMOS Here [Re: abacus]
arranger_yes_pc_no Offline

Originally Posted By: abacus

Regarding SA & DNC
The Yamaha sets up everything for you, but has limited editing, whereas the Korg DNC can be truly personalised to your playing style.

that's how it looks on the surface. Surprisingly, the Yamaha has something very useful that the Korg doesn't have: the chord track. I am always saying this.

And the chord track is the reason why I have chosen a Tyros, other than the great sounds, otherwise I would probably go for a Korg too as it has more editing capabilities, as you said.

#312503 - 01/15/11 06:17 AM Re: NEW KORG PAx3 VIDEO DEMOS Here [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

I personally think theat people that love the Korg sound, could better go for a KRonos and then add an Audya 4 for style play, or even better after the Musik messe the new Groove module brought to us by James... If only they could get us high quallity styles comming from their high quallity machine....

http://keyszone.boards.net

#312505 - 01/15/11 07:08 AM Re: NEW KORG PAx3 VIDEO DEMOS Here [Re: Dnj]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Here's the very latest Korg Pa 3x demo:
given by Steve McNally at the Naam Korg booth yesterday ( Jan 14th):

#312506 - 01/15/11 07:35 AM Re: NEW KORG PAx3 VIDEO DEMOS Here [Re: Dnj]
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
It seems odd that manufacturers would showcase something and it won't even be out for likely another five months. That's a long time! It seems they would get more sales by people wanting one. The I-want-it-now syndrome.

#312510 - 01/15/11 08:08 AM Re: NEW KORG PAx3 VIDEO DEMOS Here [Re: Dnj]
doc-z Offline

Loc: Norway
I'ts Moore's fault!

#312520 - 01/15/11 09:29 AM Re: NEW KORG PAx3 VIDEO DEMOS Here [Re: Dnj]
jamman Offline

Loc: City of Angels in the golden s...
Tyros 4 or psr s 910 has nothing to worry about.

Yammy style auto fill (after 10 years) Roland style Chord sequener/More FX and great harware and improved VH.But these guys are still missing the point .Korg styles (Long train running style sound the same as PA 50) in general still suck.

Wake up Korg! = If oyu can't fix your style department (more and more), you are not fixing anything (if you want to sell an arranger).

Page 6 of 11 < 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online