SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11 >
Topic Options
#312407 - 01/14/11 01:12 PM Re: NEW KORG PAx3 VIDEO DEMOS Here [Re: Dnj]
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Nah, the PA3 is NOT for me!!!

Too close to what we already have, and there ARE better options coming soon .....

What's coming at MusikMesse, added to my PA2xPro will blow this PA3x off I think...

Can't say more than that at this stage wink

Dennis

#312409 - 01/14/11 01:26 PM Re: NEW KORG PAx3 VIDEO DEMOS Here [Re: Dnj]
doc-z Offline

Loc: Norway
Sounds great! Love how playing legato triggers what sounds like hammer-ons.

I hope Korg will post some high quality audio demos soon!

DocZ

#312418 - 01/14/11 02:27 PM Re: NEW KORG PAx3 VIDEO DEMOS Here [Re: Dnj]
miden Offline

Doc those things you can already do on the PA2x smile

It's the exact same DNC system.

All that has been changed on the PA3 is Korg have added a few more patches. BUT, the tech is exactly the same as on the PA2. You can even program your own DNC sounds on the PA2 (if you have the time or inclination) as well, as all the samples are on-board.

No,this unit is definitely no-where near enough of a change for me. All pretty much same-old same-old!!

Dennis

#312419 - 01/14/11 02:39 PM Re: NEW KORG PAx3 VIDEO DEMOS Here [Re: Dnj]
arranger_yes_pc_no Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj
[quote=ianmcnll]

At this point T4 is a Great sounding HOME players unit & the new Pa3x is much more from it's aluminum body, black look, sliders, Tc VH, editing, touch screen, chord sequencer, dual Mp3, & soooo many more features geared for a "live gigging musician"....it's a difficult choice that needs to be weighed by the individual needs of the player.

they are all great instruments. They aren't toys. They will sound as pro as you want depending on how pro is the player. The Tyros is a pro instrument as it is the Korg.

#312422 - 01/14/11 02:50 PM Re: NEW KORG PAx3 VIDEO DEMOS Here [Re: arranger_yes_pc_no]
miden Offline

Originally Posted By: arranger_yes_pc_no

they are all great instruments. They aren't toys. They will sound as pro as you want depending on how pro is the player. The Tyros is a pro instrument as it is the Korg.

For a change, I actually agree with you smile

#312424 - 01/14/11 02:59 PM Re: NEW KORG PAx3 VIDEO DEMOS Here [Re: vangelis]
arranger_yes_pc_no Offline

Originally Posted By: vangelis
Looks like most here are putting salt in their soup before trying it, but for now from what I hear, I am leaning towards KETRON AUDYA or even a LIONSTRACS than anything else, two things that I am already disappointed, polyphony 128? and user RAM? 256 in what 24 bit? and 512 megs in 16 bit? what about compatability? are we starting from scratch again? with the PA3X? it looks like it? well, hardware wise LIONSTRACS blows everyone away with it's specs smile

yes the PAx3 specs don't look anything too groundbreaking.....what is it, 128 mb more RAM and 50 more styles? Wow. Big deal.
Not that Yamaha did much better with the Tyros 4...

It seems to me that the Kronos was the real advancement, with it's disk streaming for samples. It has 12 gb of samples. That's quite an advancement for a workstation.

#312426 - 01/14/11 03:07 PM Re: NEW KORG PAx3 VIDEO DEMOS Here [Re: Dnj]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
i guess my expectations were too high. I actually expected them to add totally new styles, totally new sounds etc. There are major differences in terms of the added features but i am simply not impressed . It souinds no different to what i hear on my PA1X. I know much was made of the EDS sound system but i could not hear any major difference. It wasnt night and day. This is mostly repackaged PA1X with some deeper functionality. With Tyros range you can hear the difference between the T2 and T4. Not so much with the T3 to T4 but still there is a difference sonically that you can actually hear.

I really really wanted to love the PA3x but so far i am not. Maybe the additional functionality in terms of the FX Routing etc might be worth looking at more deeply but not for nearly £4000 . nope , Korg are not getting my money this time. Neither is yamaha. i will stick with my Pax another couple of years

#312439 - 01/14/11 05:06 PM Re: NEW KORG PAx3 VIDEO DEMOS Here [Re: Dnj]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
How you perceive sounds, and the type of sounds you like, (Not forgetting comparing them with real instruments) can make a big difference to how you rate a keyboard.

As an example, when I heard and tried the T3 (A number of times) I found that apart from the SA2 voices it was way inferior to the T2 (1 step forward, 3 steps back (To me a bit of a lemon) with a very poor compressed sound.
The T4 however (To me) I find is so far ahead of the T3 (It’s what the T3 should have been) that it is a worthy successor to the T2, and Yamaha can be proud.

Contrast this with the PA2x, (After the first update) which for me was so far ahead of the PA1x as to be unbelievable (It was like chalk and cheese).
As to the PA3x,(Like all keyboards) I will have to wait till I hear it and try it live, as there are just too many variables in online demos.

As you can see, the above is pretty much exactly opposite to Spalding’s perception of the instruments. (Hence I always say, try the keyboard live and compare it with real instruments before making a decision)

Bill

#312465 - 01/14/11 09:35 PM Re: NEW KORG PAx3 VIDEO DEMOS Here [Re: abacus]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: abacus
How you perceive sounds, and the type of sounds you like, (Not forgetting comparing them with real instruments) can make a big difference to how you rate a keyboard.

As an example, when I heard and tried the T3 (A number of times) I found that apart from the SA2 voices it was way inferior to the T2 (1 step forward, 3 steps back (To me a bit of a lemon) with a very poor compressed sound.
The T4 however (To me) I find is so far ahead of the T3 (It’s what the T3 should have been) that it is a worthy successor to the T2, and Yamaha can be proud.

Contrast this with the PA2x, (After the first update) which for me was so far ahead of the PA1x as to be unbelievable (It was like chalk and cheese).
As to the PA3x,(Like all keyboards) I will have to wait till I hear it and try it live, as there are just too many variables in online demos.

As you can see, the above is pretty much exactly opposite to Spalding’s perception of the instruments. (Hence I always say, try the keyboard live and compare it with real instruments before making a decision)

Bill

Bill posts like this only heighten the need for more OPEN ARCHITECTURE keyboards....it's nuts buying, selling, every 2 years or so......these companies are raping the public.

#312471 - 01/14/11 09:50 PM Re: NEW KORG PAx3 VIDEO DEMOS Here [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
No, no, when you consent, it's not rape!
smile
DonM

Page 5 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online