SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11 >
Topic Options
#312381 - 01/14/11 10:36 AM Re: NEW KORG PAx3 VIDEO DEMOS Here [Re: leeboy]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: leeboy
Donny,
Come on man....this is one hell of a machine...you can not do any judgig of sound based on these preliminary, poorly done demos taken by a hand help vid camera with a built in mike.

As the days and weeks go by...then we will hear the true instrument.

One thing for sure...Korg does not do the demo job that Yamaha does...but...you are not buying the demontrator!

Lee S.

Like I said before after looking at these demos...
I'm impressed with the features ...
I am not impressed at all with the sound. For $4000.00+ it needs to be on par or better then Tyros 4 sound wise at this point. The silly looking speaker you don't have to purchase it's an option. weather it blocks your hands or not doesn't matter people are hearing a whole band with one person making or controlling the music & smart enough to know its all automatically generated somehow after all it's an arranger keyboard.

Edited by Dnj (01/14/11 10:42 AM)

#312383 - 01/14/11 10:39 AM Re: NEW KORG PAx3 VIDEO DEMOS Here [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: SemiLiveMusic
Originally Posted By: ianmcnll

I'm not fussy on the speaker bar, but it isn't any worse than the attachable speakers on T.

I think Korg's are worse because they block your hands from the audience's view even more so. With Tyros, they can see your hands. I am actually surprised that they built something like this... I would think that with a little input from giggers, they would get my reaction. And they do call this a "professional arranger," so I assume they are going after giggers.

My beef with the Tyros speakers is the fiddly setup (two sats and SW)...I prefer built ins, which is another reason why I use a PSR-S910.

Also, I'd never use an MP3 player, let alone need two of them, but there will be people that will find them essential in their performance.

These instruments, Tyros4 and Korg PA3X, are intended for different markets, although they do overlap in many places.

So far, the Yammie seems to be more of a player's instrument in style play mode, but, subsequent Korg demos may show they are closer than I think.

I know I'd sure love to spend a few days with a Korg...some of those styles are excellent.

Ian

#312385 - 01/14/11 11:00 AM Re: NEW KORG PAx3 VIDEO DEMOS Here [Re: Dnj]
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
It is ludicrous to judge the Korg's sound quality by one day's worth of camcorder videos. I have always been impressed with Korg PA styles and I look forward to checking this machine out. I hope it turns out to be a real winner and huge success. That would help the arranger world.

#312386 - 01/14/11 11:08 AM Re: NEW KORG PAx3 VIDEO DEMOS Here [Re: ianmcnll]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: SemiLiveMusic

I'm not fussy on the speaker bar, but it isn't any worse than the attachable speakers on T.

I think Korg's are worse because they block your hands from the audience's view even more so. With Tyros, they can see your hands. I am actually surprised that they built something like this... I would think that with a little input from giggers, they would get my reaction. And they do call this a "professional arranger," so I assume they are going after giggers.

My beef with the Tyros speakers is the fiddly setup (two sats and SW)...I prefer built ins, which is another reason why I use a PSR-S910.

Also, I'd never use an MP3 player, let alone need two of them, but there will be people that will find them essential in their performance.

These instruments, Tyros4 and Korg PA3X, are intended for different markets, although they do overlap in many places.

So far, the Yammie seems to be more of a player's instrument in style play mode, but, subsequent Korg demos may show they are closer than I think.

I know I'd sure love to spend a few days with a Korg...some of those styles are excellent.

Ian

At this point T4 is a Great sounding HOME players unit & the new Pa3x is much more from it's aluminum body, black look, sliders, Tc VH, editing, touch screen, chord sequencer, dual Mp3, & soooo many more features geared for a "live gigging musician"....it's a difficult choice that needs to be weighed by the individual needs of the player.

#312390 - 01/14/11 11:15 AM Re: NEW KORG PAx3 VIDEO DEMOS Here [Re: Dnj]
ianmcnll Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj

At this point T4 is a Great sounding HOME players unit & the new Pa3x is much more from it's aluminum body, black look, sliders, Tc VH, editing, touch screen, chord sequencer, dual Mp3, & soooo many more features geared for a "live gigging musician"....it's a difficult choice that needs to be weighed by the individual needs of the player.

In my district or sales area, we sell a lot of S-series to pro single performers (including a lot of guitar players/singers) and Tyros is 95% home product...very few performers using TOTL arrangers...most use S-series, or SMF players and a piano, or a workstation. The home market is very lucrative, as you know...they pay more money, much more willingly, than the pros, who need to make a living, and want a low overhead cost outlay. Pros will dicker over prices much more aggressively, hence the cheaper prices on workstations, and low profit on arrangers sold to pros.

Again, this is in my area...it may work out different elsewhere, although we do have a very high number of arrangers sold here...lots of interest...lots of clinics too.

Ian

#312400 - 01/14/11 12:04 PM Re: NEW KORG PAx3 VIDEO DEMOS Here [Re: ianmcnll]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj

In my district or sales area, we sell a lot of S-series to pro single performers (including a lot of guitar players/singers) and Tyros is 95% home product...very few performers using TOTL arrangers...most use S-series, or SMF players and a piano, or a workstation. The home market is very lucrative, as you know...they pay more money, much more willingly, than the pros, who need to make a living, and want a low overhead cost outlay. Pros will dicker over prices much more aggressively, hence the cheaper prices on workstations, and low profit on arrangers sold to pros.

Again, this is in my area...it may work out different elsewhere, although we do have a very high number of arrangers sold here...lots of interest...lots of clinics too.

Ian

Having a Tyros at home with an additional complimentary
S Series for gigging really makes sense on many levels.

#312402 - 01/14/11 12:17 PM Re: NEW KORG PAx3 VIDEO DEMOS Here [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Frankieve has a video of him playing the PA3x on his Facebook page.
DonM

#312404 - 01/14/11 12:27 PM Re: NEW KORG PAx3 VIDEO DEMOS Here [Re: Dnj]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Don, I found the still pic, but 'where's' the video?

#312405 - 01/14/11 12:29 PM Re: NEW KORG PAx3 VIDEO DEMOS Here [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
One of the top posts on his page. Not Audioworks page, but Frank's page.
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150393135730065#!/profile.php?id=862970064

DonM

Edited by DonM (01/14/11 12:30 PM)
Edit Reason: added link

#312406 - 01/14/11 12:41 PM Re: NEW KORG PAx3 VIDEO DEMOS Here [Re: Dnj]
ianmcnll Offline

The acoustic guitar at the end sounds great...you seriously thinking of getting one, Don?

Ian

Page 4 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online