SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#3116 - 03/28/02 05:39 AM the NEW GUY says HELLO
Sjonesmusic Offline

Hey everybody...!

I just wanted to say hey!

I'm fortunate to be able to only play, arrange, write, sequence and record music professionally; and I hope to get to know those of like mind and experience...

Peace,

Scott Jones

#3117 - 03/28/02 07:04 AM Re: the NEW GUY says HELLO
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Welcome, Scott ... checked out your very nice web site .. a man of many talents ... I find it interesting how many musicians are also into photography at various levels ... I am sure that with your background and expertise you will get to know (or at least hear from ) many forum members .....
t.

#3118 - 03/28/02 09:38 AM Re: the NEW GUY says HELLO
ComposerRyan Offline

Welcome to the forum Scott! We are all glad that you are now a part of this wonderful forum community...

First of all, I want you to know that this place is full of wonderful people. Here, you will find helpful, kind, caring people who are willing to help those who are in some type of need, big or small! To be truthful, this forum has actually changed my live...the people here are very special, you'll never find another forum like this one the internet! What the people here have done for me is a long story, but to keep it short: they have made my dreams come true! (Go to this topic to find out more: http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/003250.html )

Anyway, I am glad that you are a part of this forum! We all look forward to hearing from you when you find the time...also, I highly suggest that you check out the "General Arranger Keyboard Forum". Most of the main discussions that stay on topic go on over there and, when posting out a topic, you may find that more people will reply on the "General Arranger Keyboard Forum" than on the "General Discussion". Plus, the "General Discussion" may have some Off Topic discussions...anyway, again, I am glad to see a new member of this wonderful forum community!

See you around on the forums Scott,
Ryan

ALSO, PLEASE BE SURE TO VISIT THE WEBQUAD NETWORK AT:
http://www.webquad.com

CONTACT ME AT:
composerryan@webquad.com

#3119 - 03/28/02 01:17 PM Re: the NEW GUY says HELLO
freddynl Offline

Loc: netherlands
Welcome aboard Scott,

Just visited your site and listened to a couple of the fusion songs..
Only a few comments;
Great music, Great guitarist,Great composer and arranger..

Congratulations..

Fred

#3120 - 03/28/02 01:48 PM Re: the NEW GUY says HELLO
Sjonesmusic Offline

Hey guys...

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I have a confession...admittedly, I'm not a true keyboardist...

I'm a guitarist, who arranges and plays for a living...and I do a lot of sequencing...!

Anyway,

I thought you might be interested in hearing these fusion compositions of mine...

I composed these and did the sequencing and programming for all the other instruments back in 1993-1995, but I began the project of recording guitar parts to them back in January of 2002, and these are the final results...

I'm fortunate to have been in Keyboard magazines Discoveries column, Recording magazine's Reader's tapes, Music and Computers magazine's Spotlight column back in 1996.

This spring, My fusion C.D. will be sold on the Gnarly Geezer web site, label of Allan Holdsworth (www.gnarlygeezer.com). And in late summer, I join forces with the “Chops From Hell” instructional web site, with the release of an instructional CD-ROM, and several articles (www.chopsfromhell.com).

So, here are the tunes from my upcoming C.D.

I don't expect you to listen to all of them, but I've written a short description of each piece, so you can choose...

MP3-All in high quality MP3 files, download time will vary...

Muldar's Search -Hi energy fusion.

Every Time -a tribute to Weather Report with a Tribal Tech vibe.

S'Corea -a tribute to Chick's Elektric Band.

Remember -A dark, moody harmonic environment, with a fast double-time section for the guitar solo.

Three Steps From the Sun -some elements of Japanese and African music with a touch of Bill Frisell and Mike Brecker.

Give It Time -a fast-paced short little tune, quite fun.

Heartland -a laidback, Robben Ford style tune I wrote the day of the Oklahoma City Bombing back in 1995.

One -a percussive, dark tune in 7/4.

From Nothing -a busy, keyboard chops fest.

Think About It -a Yellowjackets kind of vibe.

Tito's Time -a latin fusion tune I wrote back in 1995, and later renamed to dedicate it to the late Tito Puente.

Rise Above -a kind of Steve Kahn/Anthony Jackson vibe.

Beast of Burton -a tribute to Gary Burton.

Eek! A Mouse! -one of my oldest compositions/sequences...very hard to read down when I did these guitar parts...but, the title says it all.

If you prefer:STREAMING-these will vary automatically according to your connection speed...doesn't do too well with dial-up.

Fusion index Page -It's obvious which are the new ones with guitar...

I really appreciate that some of you have already visited my site, and taken the time to listen...it means a lot...

The fusion thing only represents about 10% of what I do, so if your interested, seek out some other stuff on my site...

www.scottjonesmusic.com

Anyway, enjoy...

And I'd love to hear from you...

Peace,

Scott Jones

#3121 - 03/28/02 01:58 PM Re: the NEW GUY says HELLO
Sjonesmusic Offline

Ryan,

What an amazing story!!!

This sounds like a beautiful group of people in here...

I had a similar experience...back in 1999, in a momentary lapse of focus, I ran over my guitar in front of my church, where I work as Music Director, only to find $900 in my mailbox, donated anonymously, later that weekend...I bought a new guitar with that money, and later that month a friend at church totally rebuilt my crushed guitar for free!!!

God is truly amazing...and every moment of my crazy and wonderful life attests to His Glory...!

My Testimony

Peace,

Scott Jones

[This message has been edited by Sjonesmusic (edited 03-28-2002).]

#3122 - 03/28/02 02:03 PM Re: the NEW GUY says HELLO
tekminus Offline

God had your guitar wrecked in the first place.

-tek

!TI OD EM EDAM LIVED EHT

#3123 - 03/28/02 02:08 PM Re: the NEW GUY says HELLO
Sjonesmusic Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by tekminus:
God had your guitar wrecked in the first place.

-tek

!TI OD EM EDAM LIVED EHT

I hope you're just kidding around...

Otherwise, there's no need to treat me with such disrespect, as you don't know me, and haven't lived my life...

I wish you all the best, in spite of your insensitivity...

Peace,

Scott

#3124 - 03/28/02 04:33 PM Re: the NEW GUY says HELLO
tekminus Offline

No disrespect and welcome.

-tek

#3125 - 03/28/02 06:08 PM Re: the NEW GUY says HELLO
Spacehead Offline

Loc: Pa. USA
Welcome aboard! I briefly checked out your website. I'll have to go back again when i have the time.
My ears perked up when i saw "high energy fusion" as a description of one of your songs, so i'll try DLing that one.

------------------
We were born to go as far as we can fly; Turn electric dreams into reality... -Hawkwind-

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online