Do I really need to do all this, just to upgrade from 4.0A to 4.0 B ?!?!?
"B) If you have installed previous versions of 4.0 or later (i.e. you currently have OS4.0a on your keyboard):
1. With the SD1 turned on, make sure the Master Folder LED is turned off.
2. Press DISK and make sure you are within a HD folder (if not, press –page+ to access the HD).
3. Using the styles numeric buttons, enter 9-0 to access Folder 90 – Reload.
4. Select the file ‘Flash086.pcm’ and press LOAD. All associated sound files should be loaded as well and the SD1 will reset when done. Repeat steps 1-3 and this time, select the file ‘Firm0000.snd’ and LOAD. Upon completion, the previous sound files will now be re-installed.
5. Download the file SD1ORG.EXE and unzip all it’s contents onto an empty FD.
6. With the SD1 turned off, insert this disk into the FD of the unit and while holding down the Midi (F6) button, turn on the keyboard.
7. The new files will be loaded and upon completion, the SD1 will automatically reboot.
8. Create on the SD1 a new Folder “NoSound” as follows:
a. Press Disk.
b. Press Folder (F8).
c. Press New (F1).
d. Write the name “NOSOUND” using the keyboard keys.
e. Press EXECUTE (F10) to complete.
9. Download the files PBANKNS1.EXE , PBANKNS2.EXE , PBANKNS3.EXE onto 3 blank FDs.
10. Copy these 94 files into the newly created HD folder ‘NOSOUND’ of the SD1.
11. Go to the new HD folder, SELECT and LOAD the file ‘Sd1style.sty’. When completed, SELECT and LOAD the file ‘Sd1pbank.h80’ which will load all other associated files. This will reload the new Flash style format associated with this OS.
12. The SD1 will reset itself after all relevant files have been loaded into memory."