SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#31170 - 02/27/03 08:53 AM Can I play actual song wav files? 38 megs?
justforfun000 Offline

Loc: Canada
Let me explain better . Some songs I have were Karaoke MP3 files that I converted to wav files. They are quite large in that format, 30 to 40 megs. But ideal for songs like "summer Nights" that has a lot of vocal background that would be extremely time consuming to put it along with a midi file.

I'd rather just play the piano over the wav.

I know it RECOGNIZES wav files, but did they limit the size of them to only what they alotted to midi file links of audio files?

If I CAN load them into the board, could someone tell me how? Where I should put it and the process to bring it up and play it would be greatly appreciated.

------------------
http://members.rogers.com/unison

#31171 - 02/27/03 10:11 AM Re: Can I play actual song wav files? 38 megs?
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Quote:
Originally posted by justforfun000:

Let me explain better . Some songs I have were Karaoke MP3 files that I converted to wav files. They are quite large in that format, 30 to 40 megs. But ideal for songs like "summer Nights" that has a lot of vocal background that would be extremely time consuming to put it along with a midi file.

I'd rather just play the piano over the wav.

I know it RECOGNIZES wav files, but did they limit the size of them to only what they alotted to midi file links of audio files?

If I CAN load them into the board, could someone tell me how? Where I should put it and the process to bring it up and play it would be greatly appreciated.

Wav. files can only be up to 12 seconds in length . The SD1 can handle 8 wav. files .
These wav. files could be attached to a midi file . Any mp3 could be sampled into the SD1 , but only 12 seconds .

My understanding is that you really need software to make the .wav sync happen correctly . Btw ......wav sync is probably the coolest feature that most SD1 user's do not use , myself included .

AJ has made a "how to" post on .wav sync on this forum .

What I'll send the example tonight or tommorrow on how .wav sync work can work with a midi sequence .

------------------
Piano Man's Music City
624 Frederick Rd .
Catonsville Md. 21228
410 747 0200
danosmusic@yahoo.com

#31172 - 02/27/03 11:18 AM Re: Can I play actual song wav files? 38 megs?
justforfun000 Offline

Loc: Canada
Ah damn. So the only way to use those would be through a CD player.

Thanks Dan.

#31173 - 02/27/03 11:05 PM Re: Can I play actual song wav files? 38 megs?
ReneT Offline

Loc: NL
I'd take a small mp3 player with a line-out.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online