SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#311342 - 06/22/10 10:56 AM arranger-giga question
arranger_yes_pc_no Offline

ok, so I understand that one of the Liontracs instruments can read giga files.

Can it read all kind Giga files?
Also, I work a lot with midi files and arrangers. Giga files are not GM compatible, as far as I know...has Liontracs devised a Giga gm module, and how does that sounds?

What I am hoping to find is a Yamaha arranger keyboards with gm compatible Giga sounds.

#311343 - 06/22/10 12:00 PM Re: arranger-giga question
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Hello.

Quote:
ok, so I understand that one of the Liontracs instruments can read giga files.

No... all of them can read Giga Files.
All Lionstracs products run on the exact same OS and have all the same features. The only difference between them is the amount of hardware and speed.

Quote:
Can it read all kind Giga files?

Yes.

Quote:
lso, I work a lot with midi files and arrangers. Giga files are not GM compatible, as far as I know...has Liontracs devised a Giga gm module, and how does that sounds?

All Lionstracs keyboards come with Giga Files arranged into a GM Compatible bank of sound.

So your midi files will load directly into the keyboard and play straight away without the need for you to load any software or anything at all. In short, it will read your midi files straight out of the box.

Regards
James

#311344 - 06/23/10 03:40 AM Re: arranger-giga question

thanks James for the replies, I appreciate. The Liontracs instruments really seem what I am looking for. Cheers

#311345 - 06/24/10 04:32 AM Re: arranger-giga question

James, some more questions if you don't mind

about the Giga GM bank, how big is it , I mean how many mb ?

do the Liontracs streams samples from disk?

I have read elsewhere that the arranger software doesn't support chord inversions yet, is this true?
That to me would not work as I am very exact about chord progressions, I really need chord recognition that works as well as a Yamaha PSR...what can I expect with the Liontracs? Thanks

#311346 - 06/24/10 06:51 AM Re: arranger-giga question
Irishacts Offline

Quote:
about the Giga GM bank, how big is it , I mean how many mb ?

Just over 1GB for the default GM Bank, but it comes with 25+GB of other Giga files too including many Tyros 2 sounds.

Quote:
do the Liontracs streams samples from disk?

Yes.

Quote:
I have read elsewhere that the arranger software doesn't support chord inversions yet, is this true?
That to me would not work as I am very exact about chord progressions, I really need chord recognition that works as well as a Yamaha PSR...what can I expect with the Liontracs? Thanks

Live Styler does, don't know about Live Arranger though. I'd be shocked if it didn't.

You can download a copy here. http://www.livearranger.com/

Regards
James

#311347 - 06/24/10 08:13 AM Re: arranger-giga question

thanks James, I tried to download the Live Arranger demo weeks ago from the US website but could not figure out how to do it....it kept asking to register.

I tried Live Styler a few months ago, found it really difficult to figure out and I found it's numerous numerical fields a turn-off, didn't like it.

I think I like Live Arranger much better, but how would I be able to edit complete arrangements? It does not have any editing options such as punch in-out, etc

also, how would I be able to see scores displayed on the Liontracs screen, a' la Yamaha PSR ?
I use that function to analize quickly entire songs written by my favourite musicians.

Thanks...won't bother you for a while

#311348 - 06/24/10 09:23 AM Re: arranger-giga question
Irishacts Offline

Quote:
thanks James, I tried to download the Live Arranger demo weeks ago from the US website but could not figure out how to do it....it kept asking to register.

Just click on this link.
http://www.livearranger.com/download/livearranger.exe

Quote:
I tried Live Styler a few months ago, found it really difficult to figure out and I found it's numerous numerical fields a turn-off, didn't like it.

Same here. It works very well but it's dog ugly looking software.

Quote:
I think I like Live Arranger much better, but how would I be able to edit complete arrangements? It does not have any editing options such as punch in-out, etc

You would really need to download it and see if it has what you need. I'm not using my keyboard as an arranger at all.

Liosntracs also have their own Qranger program which is extremely deep. There is a developer currently making styles for it right now too. So you have plenty options.

Quote:
also, how would I be able to see scores displayed on the Liontracs screen, a' la Yamaha PSR ?

I know it has this function but I haven't even tried it. I did load it up once, but never bothered to explore how easy it is to use and so on.... So leave that one with me and I'll get back to you.

Even if it doesn't do what you want, remember it's an open keyboard we are talking about. You can install whatever you want on it and there are plenty of programs out there for displaying sheet music.

Regards
James.

#311349 - 06/24/10 10:09 AM Re: arranger-giga question

thank you James, it all looks very interesting and Qranger seems really what I had dreamed about : a bit like Cubase but with less useless 30000 options ,and an integrated arranger rather than a blank canvas. I really hope that Liontracs will develop that software as it would be the main selling point for me to buy a Liontracs instrument, beside the ability to integrate Giga samples into a GM environment.

I was just thinking....I could buy the Liontracs software and run it into my laptop, add a master keyboard and see if it's for me, then I could decide if I'd buy the expander too. What do you think?

[This message has been edited by arranger_yes_pc_no (edited 06-24-2010).]

#311350 - 06/24/10 12:40 PM Re: arranger-giga question
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Quote:
Originally posted by arranger_yes_pc_no:

I was just thinking....I could buy the Liontracs software and run it into my laptop, add a master keyboard and see if it's for me, then I could decide if I'd buy the expander too. What do you think?

[This message has been edited by arranger_yes_pc_no (edited 06-24-2010).]

No not possible, you MUST have the MS or the Groove hardware as well. There is more than just the PC hardware inside. It also has many proprietary PCBs and other parts.

Also the software is geared to the panel buttons on the MS that are not possible on the laptop.

Dennis

#311351 - 06/24/10 12:40 PM Re: arranger-giga question
miden Offline

Loc: The World
And as far as I know the scores function has not been implemented yet.

D

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online